Liesbeth Jm Bollen
Affiliation: International Emerging Infections Program
- Interpretation of genital findings in microbicide safety trials: review of the 'Photo Atlas for Microbicide Evaluation'Liesbeth J M Bollen
Thailand MOPH U S CDC Collaboration, Bangkok, Thailand
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 37:S156-9. 2004..Efforts will continue to standardize colposcopy until more accurate and objective methods become available to assess the safety of candidate microbicides...
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) detection among human immunodeficiency virus-infected pregnant Thai women: implications for future HPV immunizationLiesbeth J M Bollen
Thailand MOPH US CDC Collaboration, Nonthaburi, Rajavithi Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand, and Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Sex Transm Dis 33:259-64. 2006..Prophylactic vaccines targeting HPV types 16 and 18 are being evaluated for efficacy among young women...
- No increase in cervicovaginal proinflammatory cytokines after Carraguard use in a placebo-controlled randomized clinical trialLiesbeth J M Bollen
Thailand Ministry of Public Health US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Collaboration, Nonthaburi, Thailand
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 47:253-7. 2008..Assessment of cervicovaginal cytokine levels may be helpful to evaluate subclinical epithelial inflammation during safety evaluations of candidate microbicides...
- Maternal herpes simplex virus type 2 coinfection increases the risk of perinatal HIV transmission: possibility to further decrease transmission?Liesbeth Jm Bollen
Thailand Ministry of Public Health, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Collaboration, Nonthaburi, Thailand
AIDS 22:1169-76. 2008..To evaluate the association between maternal herpes simplex virus type 2 seropositivity and genital herpes simplex virus type 2 shedding with perinatal HIV transmission...
- Sexually transmitted infection services as a component of HIV care: findings of a demonstration project among HIV-infected women in ThailandPachara Sirivongrangson
Sexually Transmitted Infection Division, Bureau of AIDS, Tuberculosis, and STIs, Thai Ministry of Public Health, Bangkok, Thailand
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 41:671-4. 2006..We provided STI services for HIV-infected women as a component of HIV care and assessed STI prevalence and risk behaviors...
- Screening HIV-infected women for cervical cancer in Thailand: findings from a demonstration projectPachara Sirivongrangson
STI Division, Bureau of AIDS, TB and STIs, Thai Ministry of Public Health MOPH, Bangkok, Thailand
Sex Transm Dis 34:104-7. 2007..We screened HIV-infected women for cervical cancer as a component of HIV care and assessed high-risk human papillomavirus (HPV) and cervical cancer prevalence...