- Present situation of pTNM classification in Japan: questionnaire survey of the pathologists of Gan-shinryo-renkei-kyoten Byoin (local core cancer hospitals) on pTNM classification
Department of Pathology, National Hospital Organization Shikoku Cancer Center, Minami Umenomoto Kou 160, Matsuyama, Ehime, Japan
Pathol Int 59:167-74. 2009
..It is recommended that pathologists be informed about the rules and importance of pTNM through education, the revised Japanese classification of cancers, and self-assessment of their own institutes...
- Re-classification of pTNM staging for lung cancer: single-institution report at a Japanese comprehensive cancer hospital
Department of Pathology, Higashihiroshima Medical Center, Higashihiroshima, Japan
Pathol Int 59:376-81. 2009
..05). It is necessary to assess disparities in the accuracy of pTNM for lung cancer at each institution. This is also true for cancers at other sites...
- The importance of precise pT diagnosis for prognostic prediction of uterine cervical cancer--a single institutional report at a Japanese comprehensive cancer hospital
Department of Pathology, Shikoku Cancer Center, Minami Umenomoto Kou 160, Matsuyama City, Ehime, 791 0288, Japan
Virchows Arch 455:307-13. 2009
..Multi-institutional assessment of the accuracy of pTNM is recommended, because it is not likely that this is an endemic problem to our hospital...
- Adenoid basal carcinoma of the uterine cervix: report of two cases with reference to adenosquamous carcinoma
Department of Clinical Research, National Hospital Organization Shikoku Cancer Center, Matsuyama, Japan
Pathol Int 55:445-52. 2005
..This cytokeratin pattern might provide a good tool for distinguishing between ABC and an ABC-like lesion of ASC when the histological findings are equivocal...
- Validation analysis of Japanese histological classification of breast cancer using the National Summary of Hospital Cancer Registry 2007, Japan
Department of Pathology, Clinical Research Center, Shikoku Cancer Center, Ehime, Japan
Cancer Sci 102:1597-601. 2011
..The frequent overestimation of pT in G5 and HL explains their lower frequency of lymph nodal metastasis on pT2-3, leaving the frequency on pT1 unchanged. The JCBC has spoiled the accuracy of pTNM...
- Utility of contrast-enhanced FDG-PET/CT in the clinical management of pancreatic cancer: impact on diagnosis, staging, evaluation of treatment response, and detection of recurrence
Department of Gastroenterology, Shikoku Cancer Center, Matsuyama, Ehime, Japan
Pancreas 42:11-9. 2013
..We evaluated PET/CE-CT images with regard to differential diagnosis, staging, treatment response, and postoperative recurrence in pancreatic cancer...
- Inflammatory pseudotumor of the liver associated with malignant disease: report of two cases and a review of the literature
Department of Clinical Laboratory, National Hospital Organization Shikoku Cancer Center, 13 Horinouchi, Matsuyama, Ehime 790 0007, Japan
Virchows Arch 447:660-4. 2005
..The underlying cancer types of IPT of the liver are almost similar to those associated with pyogenic liver abscesses suggesting the etiological correlation between IPT and abscesses of the liver...
- Differentiation of tumor recurrence from radiation-induced pulmonary fibrosis after stereotactic ablative radiotherapy for lung cancer: characterization of 18F-FDG PET/CT findings
Department of Radiation Oncology, National Hospital Organization Shikoku Cancer Center, Kou 160, Minamiumemoto Machi, Matsuyama, Ehime 791 0280, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 27:261-70. 2013
..In this study, we evaluated the role of (18)F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography combined with computed tomography (FDG-PET/CT) in differentiating tumor recurrence from radiation fibrosis after SABR...
- Correlation between cancer location and oncological outcome after radical prostatectomy
Department of Urology, Section of Cancer Prevention and Epidemiology, Clinical Research Center, National Hospital Organization Shikoku Cancer Center, Matsuyama, Japan
Int J Urol 19:855-60. 2012
..To examine the association between cancer location, resection margins and oncological outcome in patients undergoing radical prostatectomy...
- Solitary fibrous tumor of the pancreas
Department of Radiology, Shikoku Cancer Center, 160 Minamiumemoto, Matsuyama, 791 0280, Japan
Jpn J Radiol 28:479-82. 2010
..The resected mass was composed of spindle cells that were positive for CD34; and hemangiopericytomatous vessels were focally detected. The mass was finally diagnosed as an SFT of the pancreas...
- Multiple ground-glass opacity in metastasis of malignant melanoma diagnosed by lung biopsy
Department of Surgery, National Shikoku Cancer Center Hospital, Matsuyama, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 79:e1-2. 2005
..Lung biopsy specimen demonstrated melanoma cells proliferating in a lepidic fashion along the thickened alveolar wall simulating bronchioloalveolar carcinoma. Metastatic lung tumor showing GGO is uncommon...
- Invasive cribriform carcinoma with extensive microcalcifications in the male breast
Department of Clinical Laboratory, National Hospital Organization Shikoku Cancer Center, Horinouchi 13, Matsuyama, Ehime 790 0007, Japan
Breast Cancer 12:145-8. 2005
..The patient is presently free from local recurrence or metastasis 7 months after undergoing surgery...
- Solitary fibrous tumor of the mediastinum
Department of Thoracic Surgery, National Hospital Organization Shikoku Cancer Center, 160 Minamiumemoto cho kou, Matsuyama, Ehime, 791 0280, Japan
Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 58:205-8. 2010
..Most extrathoracic SFTs appear to pursue a benign course, although careful long-term follow-up of these patients is necessary because the tumors have been reported to recur or metastasize in some cases...
- Inflammatory pseudotumor of the liver in a patient with early gastric cancer: CT-histopathological correlation
Department of Clinical Laboratory, National Hospital Organization Shikoku Cancer Center, Matsuyama, Ehime 790 0007, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 35:218-20. 2005
..The CT findings of delayed peripheral rim-like or septal enhancement of the hepatic tumor may be a specific finding of IPT...
- Efficacy of CytoLyt® hemolytic action on ThinPrep® LBC using cultured osteosarcoma cell line LM8
Department of Medical Technology, Ehime Prefectural University of Health Sciences, Ehime, Japan
Acta Cytol 58:76-82. 2014
..We compared the cyto-architectural features for the cytologic diagnosis of endometrial adenocarcinoma using parallel TP and SP preparations in a previous publication...
- Usefulness of liquid-based cytology in hormone receptor analysis of breast cancer specimens
Department of Clinical Laboratory, National Hospital Organization Shikoku Cancer Center, 160 Kou, Minamiumemoto Machi, Matsuyama, Ehime, 791 0280, Japan
Virchows Arch 458:153-8. 2011
- Immunohistochemical detection of neuroendocrine differentiation in non-small-cell lung cancer and its clinical implications
Department of Medicine and Thoracic Oncology, National Hospital Organization Shikoku Cancer Center, 160 Kou Minami Umemoto cho, Matsuyama, Ehime 791 0288, Japan
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 135:1055-9. 2009
..The purpose of this study was to prospectively assess the clinical implications of neuroendocrine (NE) differentiation in non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) tumors...
- Tertiary Gleason pattern 5 and oncological outcomes after radical prostatectomy
Department of Urology, National Hospital Organization Shikoku Cancer Center, 160 Minamiumemoto, Matsuyama 791 0280, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 41:571-6. 2011
..This study examined the rate of Gleason pattern 5 and the influence of tertiary Gleason pattern 5 on oncological outcomes...
- Primary extranodal non-Hodgkin's lymphoma of the common bile duct manifesting as obstructive jaundice: report of a case
Department of Surgery, Shikoku Cancer Center, Matsuyama, Ehime, Japan
Surg Today 39:448-51. 2009
..An accurate histopathologic diagnosis and complete surgical resection, followed by combination chemotherapy plus rituximab may be effective...
- Prospective study of thoracoscopic limited resection for ground-glass opacity selected by computed tomography
Division of Surgery, National Shikoku Cancer Center, Matsuyama, Ehime, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 75:1601-5; discussion 1605-6. 2003
..The aim of this study was to correlate high-resolution CT (HRCT) findings with pathologic features and to evaluate the efficacy of thoracoscopic limited resection for focal GGO, which were selected based on HRCT findings...