- Current Trends in the Management of Blunt Solid Organ Injuries
Department of Surgery, Istanbul School of Medicine, Trauma and Emergency Surgery Service, Istanbul University, 34390, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Trauma Emerg Surg 35:90-4. 2009
..There has been great improvement in the non-operative management (NOM) of intra-abdominal solid organ injury in recent decades. In most cases treatment of injuries has shifted from early surgical treatment to NOM. ..
- Complicated intra-abdominal infections in Europe: a comprehensive review of the CIAO study
Department of Surgery, Macerata Hospital, Macerata, Italy
World J Emerg Surg 7:36. 2012
- Complicated intra-abdominal infections in Europe: preliminary data from the first three months of the CIAO Study
Department of Surgery, Macerata Hospital, Macerata, Italy
World J Emerg Surg 7:15. 2012
..White Blood Cell counts (WBCs) greater than 12,000 or less than 4,000 and core body temperatures exceeding 38°C or less than 36°C by the third post-operative day were statistically significant indicators of patient mortality...
- Complicated Intra-Abdominal Infections Observational European study (CIAO Study)
Department of Surgery, Macerata Hospital, Italy
World J Emerg Surg 6:40. 2011
..The CIAO study is a multicenter, observational study and will be carried out in various surgical departments throughout Europe. The study will include patients undergoing surgery or interventional drainage for complicated IAI...
- Current status and future options for trauma and emergency surgery in Turkey
Department of Surgery, Trauma and Emergency Surgery Service, Istanbul University, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg 14:10-3. 2008
..We suggest that the field of trauma and emergency surgery be redefined to include emergency general surgery and cavitary trauma...
- Staged abdominal re-operation for abdominal trauma
Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical School, Department of Surgery, Capa, Istanbul, Turkey
Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg 9:149-53. 2003
..To review the current developments in staged abdominal re-operation for abdominal trauma...
- When to operate on abdominal stab wounds
University of Istanbul, Istanbul Medical School, Department of Surgery, Turkey
Scand J Surg 91:58-61. 2002
- [Our current approach in the treatment of sigmoid colon volvulus]
Istanbul Universitesi, Istanbul Tip Fakultesi, Genel Cerrahi Anabilim Dali, Capa 34390, Istanbul
Ulus Travma Derg 8:102-7. 2002
..Our aim was to emphasize the role of endoscopic detorsion in the treatment of sigmoid colon volvulus, which we currently apply in the majority of our cases...
- [The evaluation of the suitability of our cases for referral to a level I trauma center]
I U, Istanbul Tip Fakultesi, Genel Cerrahi Anabilim Dali, Capa, Istanbul
Ulus Travma Derg 7:146-50. 2001
..In conclusion; we believe that GCS will predict better results in the triage of trauma patients with head trauma in our country...
- Necrotizing fasciitis: strategies for diagnosis and management
Istanbul University, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Departmentof Surgery, Trauma and Surgical Emergency Service, 34210 Capa, Istanbul, Turkey
World J Emerg Surg 2:19. 2007
..This review is planned as a guide for the clinician in making an early diagnosis of NF and initiating effective medical and surgical therapy...
- Unnecessary laparotomy by using physical examination and different diagnostic modalities for penetrating abdominal stab wounds
Department of General Surgery, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Emerg Med J 22:790-4. 2005
..However, the real benefits of physical examination and different diagnostic methods are still unclear...
- Selective conservative management of penetrating hollow viscus injuries: a report of three cases
General Surgery Service, Istanbul University Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Acta Chir Belg 110:479-83. 2010
..All these cases were treated non-operatively. We advocate a policy of selective conservatism based on careful initial and subsequent serial clinical examinations and imaging techniques as needed...
- Non-traumatic kidney rupture in a tuberosclerosis patient with renal angiomyolipomas
Department of Surgery, Istanbul Uniersity, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey
Intern Med J 37:504-5. 2007
- [Trauma and resuscitation course (TRC): evaluation of the first 2 years]
IU, Istanbul Tip Fakultesi, Genel Cerrahi ABD, Acil Cerrahi Servisi, Istanbul
Ulus Travma Derg 7:8-12. 2001
- Percutaneous transcatheter embolization in arterial injuries of the lower limbs
Department of Surgery, Medical Faculty of Istanbul, Istanbul University, Turkey
Acta Radiol 46:471-5. 2005
..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of percutaneous transcatheter arterial embolization (PTE) in lower extremity arterial injuries...
- Endoscopic ligation for patients with active bleeding Mallory-Weiss tears
Emergency Surgery Service, Department of General Surgery, Istanbul Medical School, University of Istanbul, Capa Istanbul 34390, Turkey
Surg Endosc 15:1305-7. 2001
..CONCLUSIONS: Endoscopic ligation can be performed easily and without any complications such as perforation or delayed hemorrhage in patients with actively bleeding nonfibrotic MWTs...
- Traumatic rupture of hydatid cysts: a 12-year experience from an endemic region
Surgical Emergency and Trauma Department, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Turkey
J Trauma 46:164-7. 1999
..Trauma as a cause of hydatid cyst rupture leads to various clinical sequelae. However, extensive data in the current literature regarding clinical presentation and management of such patients are lacking...
- Imaging features of a cecal lipoma as a lead point for colo-colonic intussusception
Department of Radiology, Yeditepe University Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Emerg Radiol 15:133-6. 2008
..An adult patient with colo-colonic intussusception diganosed with ultrasound and confirmed with computed tomography is presented...
- Dieulafoy's lesion of esophagus
Department of General Surgery, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, 34390 Capa, Istanbul, Turkey
Surg Endosc 16:219. 2002
..The endoscopic approach to occult gastrointestinal bleeding for the diagnosis of vascular malformations is accepted as a quick and safe diagnostic method...