- Pancreatic transplant in diabetes
Department of Renal and Pancreas Transplantation, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, UK
Adv Exp Med Biol 771:420-37. 2012
..However, the successful pancreas transplantation has the potential to render patients insulin-independent and halt the progression of complications of diabetes, thereby improving both quality of life and patient survival...
- Management of transplant renal artery stenosis and its impact on long-term allograft survival: a single-centre experience
Department of Transplant Surgery, Manchester Royal Infirmary, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:336-43. 2011
..It is a commonly missed but potentially treatable complication that may present from months to years after transplant surgery. In this retrospective study, we compared management strategies and outcomes of TRAS from 1990 to 2005...
- Negative pressure wound therapy used to heal complex urinary fistula wounds following renal transplantation into an ileal conduit
The Transplant Unit, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Central Manchester University Hospitals, Manchester, UK
Am J Transplant 10:2370-3. 2010
..To our knowledge these are the first such cases reported in the literature...
- Native nephrectomy for autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease: before or after kidney transplantation?
Matthew A Kirkman
Renal and Pancreas Transplant Unit Department of Histopathology, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
BJU Int 108:590-4. 2011
..Pre-transplant native nephrectomy should only be carried out when there are clear indications such as massive size preventing allograft placement, severe pain, early satiety, recurrent bleeding and infections, or suspected malignancy...
- Transplantation in adults with primary hyperoxaluria: single unit experience and treatment algorithm
Deep J Malde
Transplant Unit, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Oxford Road, Manchester, U K
Ann Transplant 16:111-7. 2011
..Kidney transplantation alone in Primary Hyperoxaluria is associated with a high rate of recurrence and in many cases early graft loss. Liver transplantation offers the possibility of correcting the metabolic defect...
- Intraoperative hyperkaliemia complicating hand-assisted live-donor nephrectomy
David van Dellen
Department of Renal and Pancreas Transplantation, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, United Kingdom
Exp Clin Transplant 9:417-20. 2011
..An important consideration is adequate preoperative and intraoperative planning, and precautions to minimize potential risks in the donor while providing a graft with good primary function...
- Pseudoachalasia of the esophagus caused by encapsulating peritoneal sclerosis
Department of Transplantation, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, United Kingdom
Perit Dial Int 30:246-9. 2010
..In this report, we present a case of pseudoachalasia associated with encapsulating peritoneal sclerosis. The clinical symptoms settled after peritonectomy and enterolysis...
- Outcome of pancreas transplantation in recipients older than 50 years: a single-centre experience
The Renal and Pancreas Transplant Unit, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, United Kingdom
Transplantation 86:1511-4. 2008
..Some investigators argue that PT in recipients older than 50 years has an inferior outcome compared with the younger group...