K P Manji
Affiliation: Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences
- Oral hygiene practices, periodontal conditions, dentition status and self-reported bad mouth breath among young mothers, TanzaniaE G S Mumghamba
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences, and Dental Department, Muhimbili National Hospital, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Int J Dent Hyg 4:166-73. 2006..To determine the oral hygiene practices, periodontal conditions, dentition status and self-reported bad mouth breath (S-BMB) among young mothers...
- Antimicrobial resistance predicts death in Tanzanian children with bloodstream infections: a prospective cohort studyBjørn Blomberg
Department of Medicine, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
BMC Infect Dis 7:43. 2007..Bloodstream infection is a common cause of hospitalization, morbidity and death in children. The impact of antimicrobial resistance and HIV infection on outcome is not firmly established...
- Aggressive Kaposi's sarcoma in a 6-month-old African infant: case report and review of the literatureK P Manji
Department of Paediatrics, Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Trop Med Int Health 5:85-7. 2000..Furthermore, the available evidence would suggest a nonsexual route of HHSV8 infection, possibly from mother to fetus...
- Neonatal hypothermia on admission to a special care unit in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania: a cause for concernK P Manji
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences, PO Box 65001, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Cent Afr J Med 49:23-7. 2003..Hypothermia in newborn babies is a problem in tropical countries despite warm environmental conditions and it contributes to a high neonatal morbidity and mortality...
- Tuberculosis (presumed congenital) in a neonatal unit in Dar-es-Salaam, TanzaniaK P Manji
Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
J Trop Pediatr 47:153-5. 2001..We speculate that congenital tuberculosis is not rare and carries a high mortality. There is need to have a high index of suspicion especially where maternal HIV and tuberculosis are highly prevalent...
- Circumcision of the young infant in a developing country using the PlastibellK P Manji
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, Muhimbili University of Health Sciences, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Ann Trop Paediatr 20:101-4. 2000..The Plastibell has been found to be cheap and easy to use and was associated with minor, remediable complications in less than 3% of infants...
- Gingival recession, oral hygiene and associated factors among Tanzanian womenE G S Mumghamba
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences, P O Box 65014, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
East Afr Med J 86:125-32. 2009..Females are generally more motivated with regard to oral hygiene practices and thus brush their teeth more frequently than males...
- Relationship between infant birth weight </=2000 g and maternal zinc levels at Muhimbili National Hospital, Dar Es Salaam, TanzaniaAnath Ab Bakari Rwebembera
Department of Paediatrics, Mwananyamala District Hospital, Tanzania
J Trop Pediatr 52:118-25. 2006..Maternal age of <or=19 years is associated with low infant birth weight and low maternal zinc levels. Plasma zinc level in mother correlated with plasma zinc level is their offspring...
- Kaposi's sarcoma before and during a human immunodeficiency virus epidemic in Tanzanian childrenH Amir
Department of Surgery, Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Pediatr Infect Dis J 20:518-21. 2001..Recognition of the high KS risk in small children warrants considerations of possible prevention measures including HIV/HHV8 vaccination and therapeutic options...
- Verbal autopsy in establishing cause of perinatal deathN Iriya
Bugando Medical Centre, Mwanza, Tanzania
East Afr Med J 79:82-4. 2002..Verbal autopsy is a simpler and more sensitive tool in establishing the cause of perinatal death than hospital records in a rural district of Tanzania. Large-scale studies are needed to validate this...