- Is vitamin D deficiency an independent risk factor for obesity and abdominal obesity in women?
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, Goztepe Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Endokrynol Pol 63:196-201. 2012
..The aim of our study was to investigate if vitamin D deficiency without diabetes mellitus and metabolic syndrome is associated with obesity and abdominal obesity...
- Relative vitamin D insufficiency in Hashimoto's thyroiditis
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Goztepe Education and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Thyroid 21:891-6. 2011
..The goal of the present study was to assess whether vitamin D insufficiency is also a feature of Hashimoto's thyroiditis (HT)...
- Prevalence of pituitary adenomas in macroprolactinemic patients may be higher than it is presumed
Department of Internal Medicine, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, University of Istanbul, Telli Kavak sok No 8, Topbas sitesi, A Blok, D 24 Erenkoy, 34738, Istanbul, Turkey
Endocrine 41:138-43. 2012
..048). Prevalence of pituitary adenomas in macroprolactinemic patients is lower compared with the true hyperprolactinemic patients, but may be higher than that found in other recent studies and in the general population...
- Effects of thyroid autoimmunity on abdominal obesity and hyperlipidaemia
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Goztepe Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Endokrynol Pol 62:421-8. 2011
..The aim of this study was to investigate whether thyroid autoimmunity had any effect on hyperlipidaemia, obesity and abdominal obesity independent of thyroid function...
- Pituitary infiltration by non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: a case report
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, University of Istanbul, Capa, Istanbul, Turkey
J Med Case Reports 3:9293. 2009
..Whereas diabetes insipidus is the most frequent symptom, patients can present with headaches, ophthalmoplegia and bilateral hemianopsia...
- Application of alternative anthropometric measurements to predict metabolic syndrome
Department of Internal Medicine, Istanbul Medeniyet University Goztepe Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 69:347-53. 2014
..The aim of this study was to assess whether mid-upper arm, forearm, calf, and waist circumferences, as well as waist/height ratio and waist-to-hip ratio, were associated with metabolic syndrome...
- Skin autoreactivity in Hashimoto's thyroiditis patients without urticaria: autologous serum skin test positivity correlation with thyroid antibodies, sonographical volume and grading
Department of Dermatology, Istanbul Medeniyet University, Goztepe Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Dermatol 22:345-50. 2012
..Positivity of ASST in HT has shown that there is a skin mast cell autoreactivity in HT patients independent of autoreactive chronic urticaria (ACU)...