Hon Kan Yip
- Sheu J, Lee F, Yuen C, Chen Y, Huang T, Chua S, et al. Combined therapy with shock wave and autologous bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells alleviates left ventricular dysfunction and remodeling through inhibiting inflammatory stimuli, oxidative stress & enhancing angiogenesis in a swine myocar. Int J Cardiol. 2015;193:69-83 pubmed publisher..001). Combined SW-BMDMSC therapy is superior to either therapy alone for improving LVEF, reducing infarct size, and inhibiting LV remodeling. ..
- Sung P, Chiang H, Yang Y, CHIANG J, Chen C, Yip H, et al. Nationwide study on the risk of unprovoked venous thromboembolism in non-traumatic osteonecrosis of femoral head. Int Orthop. 2018;42:1469-1478 pubmed publisher..0053). Apart from ONFH, age > 65 years and hypertension were also identified as risk factors for DVT occurrence. The incidence and risk of unprovoked VTE were significantly increased in the non-traumatic ONFH population. ..
- Tsai T, Lu C, Wallace C, Chang W, Chen S, Huang C, et al. Erythropoietin improves long-term neurological outcome in acute ischemic stroke patients: a randomized, prospective, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Crit Care. 2015;19:49 pubmed publisher..04). EPO therapy significantly improved long-term neurological outcomes in patients after IS. ISRCTN71371114 . Registered 10 October 2008. ..
- Chen Y, Tsai T, Wallace C, Chen Y, Huang T, Sung P, et al. Intra-carotid arterial administration of autologous peripheral blood-derived endothelial progenitor cells improves acute ischemic stroke neurological outcomes in rats. Int J Cardiol. 2015;201:668-83 pubmed publisher..001). Higher-dose was superior to lower-dose EPC treatment for reducing BIZ and improving neurological functional outcome. ..
- Sheu J, Lee F, Wallace C, Tsai T, Leu S, Chen Y, et al. Administered circulating microparticles derived from lung cancer patients markedly improved angiogenesis, blood flow and ischemic recovery in rat critical limb ischemia. J Transl Med. 2015;13:59 pubmed publisher..001). Administration of Lc-MPs augmented angiogenesis and restored blood flow in a rat of CLI. ..
- Chung S, Tong M, Sheu J, Lee F, Sung P, Chen C, et al. Short-term and long-term prognostic outcomes of patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction complicated by profound cardiogenic shock undergoing early extracorporeal membrane oxygenator-assisted primary percutaneous coronary intervention. Int J Cardiol. 2016;223:412-417 pubmed publisher..01). Early ECMO-supported primary PCI in STEMI patients with profound CS was feasible as a life-saving strategy with acceptable 30-day and long-term prognostic outcomes. ..
- Chua S, Lee F, Chiang H, Chen K, Lu H, Chen Y, et al. The cardioprotective effect of melatonin and exendin-4 treatment in a rat model of cardiorenal syndrome. J Pineal Res. 2016;61:438-456 pubmed publisher..001). Combined melatonin and exendin-4 treatment suppressed CRS-induced deterioration of LVEF and LV remodeling. ..
- Sung P, Chiang H, Chen C, Chen Y, Huang T, Zhen Y, et al. Combined Therapy With Adipose-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Ciprofloxacin Against Acute Urogenital Organ Damage in Rat Sepsis Syndrome Induced by Intrapelvic Injection of Cecal Bacteria. Stem Cells Transl Med. 2016;5:782-92 pubmed publisher..Autologous adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cell-assisted ciprofloxacin therapy offered an additional benefit by reducing acute urogenital organ damage in rats. ..
- Yip H, Sung P, Wu C, Yu C. Carotid stenting and endarterectomy. Int J Cardiol. 2016;214:166-74 pubmed publisher..Therefore, transradial/transbrachial arterial approach has emerged as a novel method for carotid stenting. This article provides a critical review on interventional approaches for the treatment of CAS. ..
- Tseng C, Wang C, Hsiao C, Lu H, Leu S, Chang H, et al. Time courses and value of circulating microparticles in patients with operable stage non-small cell lung cancer undergoing surgical intervention. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:11873-11882 pubmed..These findings show that circulating MPs might be an accessory biomarker for monitoring those of NSCLC after receiving lung resection surgery. ..
- Chang Y, Hsu S, Yang C, Sung P, Chen Y, Huang T, et al. Enhanced protection against renal ischemia-reperfusion injury with combined melatonin and exendin-4 in a rodent model. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2016;241:1588-602 pubmed publisher..001). Combined melatonin-exendin-4 therapy offered an additional benefit in protecting the kidney from acute IR injury...
- Wu P, Wang H, Sung P, Tong M, Yang C, Chen C, et al. No correlation between body mass index and 30-day prognostic outcome in Asians with acute ST-elevation myocardial infarction undergoing primary coronary intervention. Biomed J. 2017;40:169-177 pubmed publisher..BMI is not a predictor of 30-day prognostic outcome in Asians with STEMI undergoing primary PCI. ..
- Fang Y, Tong M, Sung P, Chen Y, Chen C, Tsai N, et al. Higher neutrophil counts and neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio predict prognostic outcomes inÂ patients after non-atrial fibrillation-caused ischemic stroke. Biomed J. 2017;40:154-162 pubmed publisher..54-fold increased risk of severe stroke (ORÂ =Â 1.82-3.54) compared to patients with NC <74%. NLR was independently associated with in-hospital mortality and higher NC was independently predictive of severe stroke. ..
- Leu S, Lu H, Sun C, Sheu J, Chen Y, Tsai T, et al. Retention of endothelial progenitor cells in bone marrow in a murine model of endogenous tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) deficiency in response to critical limb ischemia. Int J Cardiol. 2014;170:394-405 pubmed publisher..01). tPA played an essential role in augmenting circulating EPCs, angiogenesis, and blood flow in the ischemic limb in a murine model. ..