Yao chou Tsai
Affiliation: Buddhist Tzu Chi General Hospital, Taipei branch
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Minimal Invasive Surgery in Urology:
Laparoendoscopic single-site surgery (Radical nephrectomy, Nephroureterectomy, adrenalectomy, nephropexy, herniorrhaphy, varicocelectomy, lumbar sympathectomy)
Endourology: Flexible renoureteral scopy, PCNL.
Laparoscopic Surgery: Laparoscopic Ureterolithotomy, Nephropexy, Adrenalectomy, Nephrectomy, Prostatecomy, Cystectomy
Mini-laparoscopic Surgery: Mini-laparoscopic Pyeloplasty, Herniorrhaphy, Ureteral reimplantation for VUR
Pediatric Urology: Vesicoureteral Reflux, Nocturnal Enuresis.
Feasibility and Safety of Total Extraperitoneal Inguinal Hernia Repair after Previous Lower Abdominal Surgery: A Case-Control Study. Surg Endosc 2011.Accept
Mini-Laparoscopic Varicocelectomy with Preservation of Testicular artery and lymphatic vessels by Using Intracorporeal Knot Tying Technique: Five year experience. World J Surg. 2011 Apr 27. [Epub ahead of print]
Novel inanimate training model for urethrovesical anastomosis in laparoscopic radical prostatectomy. Asian J Surg. 2010 Oct;33(4):188
Laparoendoscopic single-site (LESS) Nephroureterectomy & En Bloc Resection of Bladder Cuff with an EndoLoop. Journal of Endourology, Part B: Videourology. 2011. Accept
Laparoendoscopic Single Site Nephropexy with Homemade Single port. Journal of Endourology, Part B: Videourology. 2011. Accept
7. Tsai YC. Laparo-endoscopic Single-site (LESS) Bilateral Nephroureterectomy for Patients of End Stage Renal Disease. Minimally Invasive Therapy & Allied Technologies. 2011. Accept
Surgical Outcomes of Mini Laparoscopic Herniorrhaphy in Infants. J Urol. 2011 Mar;185(3):1071-6.
A Comparative Study of Standard versus Laparoendoscopic Single-Site Surgery (LESS) Totally Extraperitoneal (TEP) Inguinal Hernia Repair. Surg Endosc 2011, Accept
Laparoendoscopic single-site surgery (LESS) adult hernia mesh repair with homemade single-port. Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech. 2011 Feb;21(1):42-5.
Comparison Between Laparoscopic and Open Radical Nephroureterectomy in a Contemporary Group of Patients: Are Recurrence and Disease-Specific Survival Associated with Surgical Technique? Eur Urol 2010;58:645-51.
Minilaparoscopic herniorrhaphy in pediatric inguinal hernia: a durable alternative treatment to standard herniotomy. J Pediatr Surg. 2011 Apr;46(4):708-12.)
Laparo-endoscopic Single-site (LESS) retroperitoneal lumbar sympathectomy: Initial report. Neurosurgery. 2011 Feb 16. [Epub ahead of print)
Laparoendoscopic Single-Site (LESS) Nephroureterectomy and En Bloc Resection of Bladder Cuff With a Novel Extravesical Endoloop Technique. Surg Innov. 2010 Dec;17(4):361-5. Epub 2010 Nov 22
Laparo-endoscopic Single-site (LESS) Retroperitoneal Adrenalectomy with a Homemade Single Access Platform and Standard Laparoscopic Instruments. Surg Endosc. 2011 Apr;25(4):1251-6. 2010
Minilaparoscopic High-Ligation with the Processus Vaginalis Undissected and Left in situ is a Safe, Effective, and Durable Treatment for Pediatric Hydrocele. Urology. 2010 Jul;76(1):134-7. Epub 2010 May 7.
Laparos-endoscopic Single-site (LESS) retroperitoneal Nephropexy with standard laparoscopic instruments: case report. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech. 2010 Apr;20(3):257-60; discussion 260.
Homemade Trans-umbilical Port: An Alternative Access for Laparo-endoscopic Single-site Surgery (LESS). Surg Endosc. 2010;24:705-8. Epub 2009 Jul 16. [Epub ahead of print]
Open versus mini-laparoscopic herniorrhaphy in children: A prospective comparative trial with mid-term follow-up. Surg Endosc. 2010 Jan;24(1):21-4. Epub 2009 Aug 19.
Role of bladder capacity in assessing the effectiveness of antimuscarinic agents on nocturia in patients with overactive bladders. Tzu Chi Medical Journal. Vol 20, Number 4, 2008: 304-308.
Minilaparoscopic Nerve-Sparing Extravesical Ureteral Reimplantation for Primary Vesicoureteral Reflux: A Preliminary Report. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech. Volume 18, Number 5, 2008:767-770.
Is Local Anesthesia or Oral Analgesics Necessary after Mini-laparoscopic Functional Surgery in Children and Young Adults? : A Prospective Randomized Trial. Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech. 2008 Aug;18(4):344-7
Anterior Urethral Valve in an Adolescent with Nocturnal Enuresis. Urology. 2007 Nov;70(5):1008.e13-5.
Mondified Transurethral Incision of Bladder Neck Treating Primary Bladder Neck Obstruction in Young Men : A Method to Improve Voiding.Function and to Preserve Antegrade Ejaculation. Urol Int. 2008;80(1):26-30.
Transinguinal Laparoscopy in Pediatric Inguinal Hernia: Unable to Prevent Occurrence of Contralateral Metachronous Inguinal Hernia. JTUA. 2007,
Scrotal aggressive angiomyxoma mimicking inguinal hernia. Asian J Androl. 2007 Sep;9(5):723-5.
Posterior wall enhancdement is not necessary in patients < 18 years old with a primary inguinal hernia. JTUA. 2007; 18(2): 75-9.
Laparoscopic ureteral reimplantation for vesicoureteral reflux: A mini-review. JTUA. 2007; 18(3): 151-3.
Minilaparoscopic herniorrhaphy with hernia sac transection in children and young adults: a preliminary report. Surg Endosc. 2007 Sep;21(9):1623-5. Epub 2007 Mar 13.
Highly potent and moderately potent topical steroids are effective in treating phimosis: a prospective randomized study. J Urol. 2005 Apr;173(4):1361-3.
Neodymium:YAG laser incision of congenital obstructive posterior urethral membrane in boys with urinary incontinence and low uroflow. J Formos Med Assoc. 2004 Nov;103(11):872-5.
Mini-Laparoscopic Varicocelectomy Using a Knot-Tying Technique: A Preliminary Report. JTUA 2004;15:153-8.
- Wu C, Yang S, Chin D, Hsieh C, Hsueh Y, Tsai Y. Scrotal aggressive angiomyxoma mimicking inguinal hernia. Asian J Androl. 2007;9:723-5 pubmed
- Tsai Y, Yang S, Wang C. Neodymium:YAG laser incision of congenital obstructive posterior urethral membrane in boys with urinary incontinence and low uroflow. J Formos Med Assoc. 2004;103:872-5 pubmed..Mean (Q(max)) increased from 11.3 to 14.9 mL/s (p = 0.003). Nd:YAG laser incision of COPUM with the aid of a ureteroscope or a cystourethroscope is a safe and effective method for improving urinary flow and bedtime incontinence. ..
- Chang C, Hu Y, Huang K, Lin Y, Tsai Y, Wu C, et al. Higher Screening Aldosterone to Renin Ratio in Primary Aldosteronism Patients with Diabetes Mellitus. J Clin Med. 2018;7: pubmed publisher..The best cut-off value of ARR, more than 65 ng/dL per ng/mL/h in PA patients with diabetes, was higher than those without diabetes. ..
- Tsai Y, Da Lin C, Chueh S. Technical refinement of mini-laparoscopic hernia repair in infants and children. Hernia. 2015;19:599-604 pubmed publisher..Our refined laparoscopic technique is a safe and effective method in the management of groin hernias in infants and children with a minimal early recurrence rate. ..
- Hu Y, Wu C, Er L, Lin C, Liu Y, Chueh S, et al. Laparoendoscopic single-site adrenalectomy in patients with primary hyperaldosteronism: A prospective study with long-term follow up. Asian J Surg. 2017;40:221-226 pubmed publisher..Our long-term experience revealed that LESS adrenalectomy is a safe and effective approach, which demonstrated comparable long-term cure and improvement of hypertension to a conventional laparoscopic series in treating PA. ..
- Huang K, Yu C, Hu Y, Chang C, Chan C, Liao S, et al. Targeted treatment of primary aldosteronism - The consensus of Taiwan Society of Aldosteronism. J Formos Med Assoc. 2018;: pubmed publisher..We hope this consensus will provide a guideline to help medical professionals to manage PA patients in Taiwan to achieve a better quality of care. ..