Hung Chin Tsai
Affiliation: Tri-Service General Hospital
- Lee C, Tsai H, Kunin C, Lee S, Chen Y. Clinical and microbiological characteristics of purulent and non-purulent cellulitis in hospitalized Taiwanese adults in the era of community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. BMC Infect Dis. 2015;15:311 pubmed publisher..Purulence was a positive predictor of MRSA as the causal agent of cellulitis. These findings provide added support for the adoption of the IDSA guidelines for empirical antimicrobial therapy of cellulitis in Taiwan. ..
- Tsai H, Lee B, Yen C, Wann S, Lee S, Chen Y, et al. Dexamethasone downregulated the expression of CSF 14-3-3? protein in mice with eosinophilic meningitis caused by Angiostrongylus cantonensis infection. Acta Trop. 2014;131:98-103 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the administration of corticosteroids in mice with eosinophilic meningitis decreased the expression of 14-3-3? protein in the CSF. ..
- Chang H, Tsai H, Lee S, Kunin C, Lin P, Wann S, et al. High daily doses of trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole are an independent risk factor for adverse reactions in patients with pneumocystis pneumonia and AIDS. J Chin Med Assoc. 2016;79:314-9 pubmed publisher..We found a high incidence of ADRs among patients with PJP and AIDS treated with TMP/SMX, and most involved the skin and liver. A daily dose of ≥ 16 mg/kg of TMP/SMX and age 34 years were independent risk factors for ADRs. ..
- Lee C, Kunin C, Chang C, Lee S, Chen Y, Tsai H. Development of a prediction model for bacteremia in hospitalized adults with cellulitis to aid in the efficient use of blood cultures: a retrospective cohort study. BMC Infect Dis. 2016;16:581 pubmed..External validation of this preliminary scoring system in future trials is needed to optimize the test. ..
- Lee C, Chang H, Kunin C, Lee S, Chen Y, Tsai H. Efficacy and safety of switching from nevirapine immediate-release twice daily to nevirapine extended-release once daily in virologically suppressed HIV-infected patients: a retrospective cohort study in Taiwan. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:261 pubmed publisher..Our finding of higher Ctrough levels in both groups compared with other studies conducted in Caucasian populations and the high prevalence of CYP2B6 516 GT requires further investigation in a larger Taiwanese cohort. ..
- Tsai H, Lee S, Huang C, Yen C, Chen E, Liu Y. Outbreak of eosinophilic meningitis associated with drinking raw vegetable juice in southern Taiwan. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2004;71:222-6 pubmed..867, P = 0.01). There was association between the presence of raw vegetable juice and CSF eosinophilia (Spearman's correlation test r = 0.816, P = 0.004)...
- Tsai H, Huang Y, Liu Y, Wann S, Lee S, Chen E, et al. Dynamic changes of hepatocyte growth factor in eosinophilic meningitis caused by Angiostrongylus cantonensis infection. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2009;80:980-2 pubmed..These results indicate that high concentrations of HGF in the CSF occur in eosinophilic meningitis, and may have a role in protecting against endothelial injury and reducing BBB dysfunction. ..
- Tsai H, Liu Y, Lee S, Chen E, Yen C. Vascular endothelial growth factor is associated with blood brain barrier dysfunction in eosinophilic meningitis caused by Angiostrongylus cantonensis infection. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2007;76:592-5 pubmed..The VEGFSERUM fluctuated during the 6-month follow-up period. These results indicate that vascular endothelial growth factor may be associated with blood-brain barrier disruption in patients with eosinophilic meningitis...