Tien Wen Lee
Affiliation: Tri-Service General Hospital
- Do resting brain dynamics predict oddball evoked-potential?Tien Wen Lee
Laureate Institute for Brain Research, Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
BMC Neurosci 12:121. 2011..A multivariate analysis based on partial least squares (PLS) was applied to further examine the spatial pattern revealed by multiple correlations...
- Imitating expressions: emotion-specific neural substrates in facial mimicryTien Wen Lee
Wellcome Department of Imaging Neuroscience, Institute of Neurology, UCL, 12 Queen Square, London WC1N 3AR, UK
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 1:122-35. 2006..Further, by entering metrics for facial muscular change into analysis of brain imaging data, we highlight shared and discrete neural substrates supporting affective, action and social consequences of somatomotor emotional expression...
- Severe cardiovascular side effects of olanzapine in an elderly patient: case reportTien Wen Lee
Department of Psychiatry, Tzu Chi General Hospital, Hualien, Taiwan, Republic of China
Int J Psychiatry Med 33:399-401. 2003..We hereby report an aged case that presented with conscious depression, bradycardia, hypotension, miosis and hypothermia. Olanzapine was thought to be the offending agent. His condition improved with supportive therapy...
- Controlling emotional expression: behavioral and neural correlates of nonimitative emotional responsesTien Wen Lee
Wellcome Department of Imaging Neuroscience, Institute of Neurology, University College London, 12 Queen Square, London WC1N 3AR, UK
Cereb Cortex 18:104-13. 2008..Our findings point to these regions as providing a putative neural substrate underpinning a crucial adaptive aspect of social/emotional behavior...
- Loudness dependence of the auditory evoked potential and response to antidepressants in Chinese patients with major depressionTien Wen Lee
Department of Psychiatry, Tzu Chi General Hospital, Hualien City
J Psychiatry Neurosci 30:202-5. 2005..To investigate the loudness dependence of the auditory evoked potential (LDAEP) in predicting response to treatment for major depression...
- Clinical and phenomenological comparisons of delusional and non-delusional major depression in the Chinese elderlyTien Wen Lee
Department of Psychiatry, Veterans General Hospital Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 18:486-90. 2003..Distinct clinical entities, with and without delusions, have been reported for depressed patients. This study explores the clinical and phenomenological aspects of delusional and non-delusional major depression in elderly Chinese patients...
- The influence of apolipoprotein E Epsilon4 polymorphism on qEEG profiles in healthy young females: a resting EEG studyTien Wen Lee
Department of Psychiatry, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Brain Topogr 25:431-42. 2012..Our tonic EEG analyses complement those of previous reports in that the ApoE epsilon4 allele has a negative impact on regional neural synchronization and inter-regional neural interaction...
- The influence of serotonin transporter polymorphisms on cortical activity: a resting EEG studyTien Wen Lee
Department of Psychiatry, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, and College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan County, Taiwan
BMC Neurosci 12:33. 2011..This study examined the modulatory effects of 5-HTTLPR (L-allele carriers vs. non-carriers) and 5-HTTVNTR (10-repeat allele carriers vs. non-carriers) polymorphism on regional neural activity in a young female population...
- The effects of catechol-O-methyl-transferase polymorphism Val158Met on functional connectivity in healthy young females: a resting EEG studyTien Wen Lee
Department of Psychiatry, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan County, Taiwan, Republic of China
Brain Res 1377:21-31. 2011..The implication to the pathogenesis in schizophrenia was also discussed. Further studies are needed to clarify whether there is gender difference on this gene-brain interaction...
- Cortical mechanisms of the symptomatology in major depressive disorder: a resting EEG studyTien Wen Lee
Department of Psychiatry, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan County, Taiwan
J Affect Disord 131:243-50. 2011..However, the cortical mechanisms of symptomatology in major depressive disorder (MDD) are still not clear. This study examined neural correlates of symptom clusters of MDD by electroencephalography (EEG)...
- The efficacy and safety of olanzapine for the treatment of geriatric psychosisJen Ping Hwang
Department of Psychiatry, Veterans General Hospital Taipei, and dagger Division of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Clin Psychopharmacol 23:113-8. 2003..2, 39.9, and 8.9% from baseline, respectively). It seems reasonable to suggest that olanzapine is efficacious for geriatric patients with psychosis and that the dosage should be diagnosis-dependent...
- Cortical and subcortical abnormalities in late-onset depression with history of suicide attempts investigated with MRI and voxel-based morphometryJen Ping Hwang
Department of Psychiatry, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol 23:171-84. 2010....
- Microelectrode recording can be a good adjunct in magnetic resonance image-directed subthalamic nucleus deep brain stimulation for parkinsonismShin Yuan Chen
Division of Functional Neuroscience, Department of Neurosurgery, Neuro Medical Scientific Center, Tzu Chi General Hospital, Hualien 97002, Taiwan
Surg Neurol 65:253-60; discussion 260-1. 2006..The contribution of MER to improving bilateral STN-DBS is debatable. To resolve the controversy and elucidate the role of MER in DBS, we compared the outcome of bilateral STN-DBS surgery with and without MER in parkinsonian patients...
- Serotonin dysfunction and suicide attempts in major depressives: an auditory event-related potential studyTai Jui Chen
Kai Suan Psychiatric Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, ROC
Neuropsychobiology 52:28-36. 2005..Serotonergic dysfunction is believed to be involved in suicide attempts. The loudness-dependent auditory evoked potential (LDAEP) is one of the validated indicators of the activity of the central serotonin system in humans...
- Effect of age and global function score on schizophrenic p300 characteristicsYounger W Y Yu
Yu s Psychiatric Clinic, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, ROC
Neuropsychobiology 51:45-52. 2005..Besides, the effect of gender on P300 amplitude was noted in normal population...
- Subthalamic nucleus stimulation and the development of delusionShin Yuan Chen
J Psychiatr Res 38:637-8. 2004