Hui Chuan Hsu
Affiliation: Tri-Service General Hospital
- Joint trajectories of multiple health-related behaviors among the elderlyHui Chuan Hsu
Department of Health Care Administration, Asia University, No 500, Lioufeng Road, Wufeng, Taichung, 41354, Taiwan, ROC
Int J Public Health 58:109-20. 2013..The main goal of this study was to identify the multiple trajectories of the following four health behaviors among the elderly by gender: smoking, drinking alcohol, getting regular exercise, and having a health checkup..
- Multiple trajectories of successful aging of older and younger cohortsHui Chuan Hsu
Department of Health Care Administration, Asia University, 500, Lioufeng Road, Wufeng, Taichung 41354, Taiwan, Republic of China
Gerontologist 52:843-56. 2012..The purpose of this study was to apply group-based trajectory analysis to identify multiple successful aging trajectories by multiple indicators and to examine the factors related to successful aging among the elderly population in Taiwan...
- Group-based trajectories of depressive symptoms and the predictors in the older populationHui Chuan Hsu
Department of Health Care Administration, Asia University, Taichung, Taiwan
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 27:854-62. 2012..The goals of this study were to examine the group-based trajectories of depressive symptoms over an extended period among the older people and to identify the risk factors by gender...
- Trajectories and covariates of life satisfaction among older adults in TaiwanHui Chuan Hsu
Department of Health Care Administration, Asia University, 500, Lioufeng Road, Wufeng, Taichung 41354, Taiwan, ROC
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 55:210-6. 2012....
- Too late to quit? Effect of smoking and smoking cessation on morbidity and mortality among the elderly in a longitudinal studyHui Chuan Hsu
Department of Health Care Administration, Taichung Healthcare and Management University, Wufeng Shiang, Taichung, Taiwan
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 20:484-91. 2004..An effective strategy for smoking cessation in the elderly is suggested, and people should be encouraged to quit smoking at any time...
- Gender disparity of successful aging in TaiwanHui Chuan Hsu
Dept of Healthcare Administration and Institute of Long Term Care, Asia University, 500 Lioufeng Rd, Wufeng Shiang, Taichung 413, Taiwan
Women Health 42:1-21. 2005..Cumulative disadvantage was associated with health disparities in elderly women. This research demonstrates the need to develop gender-sensitive policies...
- Work stress among nursing home care attendants in Taiwan: a questionnaire surveyHui Chuan Hsu
Department of Healthcare Administration, Asia University, 500, Lioufeng Road, Wufeng Township, Taichung 413, Taiwan
Int J Nurs Stud 44:736-46. 2007..However, few studies have focused of this problem...
- Does social participation by the elderly reduce mortality and cognitive impairment?H C Hsu
Institute of Health Care Administration, Asia University, Taichung, Taiwan
Aging Ment Health 11:699-707. 2007..This longitudinal study examines the effect of social participation on mortality and cognitive impairment for the elderly in Taiwan...
- Physical function trajectories, depressive symptoms, and life satisfaction among the elderly in TaiwanHui Chuan Hsu
Department of Health Care Administration, Asia University, Taiwan, Republic of China
Aging Ment Health 13:202-12. 2009..The purpose of this study was to examine the effect of physical function trajectories on emotional health and subjective well-being among the elderly in Taiwan...
- What makes you good and happy? Effects of internal and external resources to adaptation and psychological well-being for the disabled elderly in TaiwanHui Chuan Hsu
Department of Health Care Administration, Asia University, Taichung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Aging Ment Health 14:851-60. 2010..This study explored the effect of internal adaptation and external resources to psychological well-being for the disabled elderly...
- Coping strategies and adaptation for the disabled elderly in TaiwanHui Chuan Hsu
Department of Health Care Administration, College of Health Science, Asia University, Taichung, Taiwan
Geriatr Gerontol Int 11:488-95. 2011..This study explored the relationship between coping strategies and adaptation difficulties for the disabled elderly...
- Impact of morbidity and life events on successful agingHui Chuan Hsu
Department of Health Care Administration, Asia University, 500 Lioufeng Road, Wufeng, Taichung 413, Taiwan, ROC
Asia Pac J Public Health 23:458-69. 2011..Emotional health of the elderly should be carefully monitored after onset of life events and incidences of chronic conditions...
- Age, period, and cohort effects on the attitude toward supporting parents in TaiwanH C Hsu
Institute of Public Health, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Republic of China
Gerontologist 41:742-50. 2001..Using the perspectives of age, period, and cohort (APC) effects, this study explored the changes in attitudes toward supporting parents in Taiwan...
- Constructing area-level indicators of successful ageing in TaiwanHui Chuan Hsu
Department of Health Care Administration, Asia University, Taichung, Taiwan
Health Soc Care Community 18:70-81. 2010..These area indicators will be helpful to local governments for monitoring and improving successful ageing within their communities...
- Gender differences in the association between stress trajectories and depressive symptoms among middle aged and older adults in TaiwanHsin Wang Lin
Armed Forces Taichung General Hospital and Department of Health Care Administration, Asia University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Women Aging 23:233-45. 2011..This study investigated the effects of gender differences on the association of chronic stress and depressive symptoms in middle-aged and older adults in Taiwan...
- Radiation therapy in primary central nervous system lymphomaH C Chen
Department of Radiation Oncology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan, R O C
Changgeng Yi Xue Za Zhi 22:88-93. 1999..Treatment of primary central nervous system lymphoma (PCNSL) in Chinese individuals has rarely been reported. Therefore, this article presents our experience in managing PCNSL with radiotherapy...
- Rapidly progressive fibrosing interstitial nephritis associated with Chinese herbal drugsC S Yang
Department of Internal Medicine, Cathay General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Kidney Dis 35:313-8. 2000..We conclude that the relation of this nephropathy to the consumption of Chinese herbs is striking. Using uncontrolled herbal remedies carries a high risk for developing interstitial renal fibrosis and urothelial malignancy...
- Oral glutamine to alleviate radiation-induced oral mucositis: a pilot randomized trialE Y Huang
Department of Radiation Oncology, Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Niao Sung Hsiang, Kaohsiung Hsien, Taiwan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 46:535-9. 2000..To evaluate the influence of oral glutamine on radiation-induced oral mucositis in the radiotherapy of head and neck cancer...
- Effects of health literacy to self-efficacy and preventive care utilization among older adultsJi Zhen Chen
Clinical Trials Center, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Geriatr Gerontol Int 13:70-6. 2013..This study examined the relationships between health literacy, self-efficacy and preventive care utilization among older adults in Taiwan...
- Image evaluation of suprazygomatic masticator space lesionsW H Yuan
Department of Radiology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, No. 201, Sec. 2, Shih-Pai Road, Peitou, Taipei, Taiwan
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 17:139-49. 2001..The primary tumors in infratemporal fossa and SZMS are rare. Malignant tumors in SZMS usually come from surrounding spaces...
- Hypertension status is the major determinant of carotid atherosclerosis: a community-based study in TaiwanT C Su
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Stroke 32:2265-71. 2001..8 (1.4 to 16.5) by carotid stenosis >/=50%. CONCLUSIONS: Hypertension strongly influence carotid atherosclerosis. Our findings reinforce the hypothesis that hypertension has a major role in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis...
- Expression of mutant nuclear beta-catenin correlates with non-invasive hepatocellular carcinoma, absence of portal vein spread, and good prognosisT L Mao
Department of Pathology, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Pathol 193:95-101. 2001..These results suggest that beta-catenin mutation plays an important role in the tumourigenesis of a subset of HCC of good prognosis, and that mutant and wild-type nuclear beta-catenin proteins are not functionally equivalent...
- Relationship between fetal nuchal translucency and crown-rump length in an Asian populationH J Jou
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Taiwan Adventist Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 17:111-4. 2001....
- Left ventricular mass and correlated atherosclerotic risk factors in young adolescents: report from Chin-Shan community cardiovascular study in TaiwanK L Chien
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, 7 Chung-Shan S. Rd, 100, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Atherosclerosis 155:431-7. 2001..Age and BMI are the most significant factors of echocardiographic LV mass distributions in young adolescent in Taiwan. LV mass may also be associated with atherosclerotic risk factors...
- Components of insulin resistance syndrome in a community-based population assessed by log-linear modelsK L Chien
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, 7 Chung-Shan South Road, Taipei, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 100:587-91. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: The components of insulin resistance syndrome have intricate relationships. Hyperinsulinemia was most related to obesity, and hypertriglyceridemia was most related to low HDL...
- Intensive postremission chemotherapy in Taiwanese adults with acute myelogenous leukemiaH C Hsu
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Taipei-Veterans General Hospital, School of Medicine, National Yang-Ming University, National Health Research Institutes, Taipei, Taiwan
Adv Ther 18:67-74. 2001..Intensive postremission chemotherapy can effectively prolong the duration of remission in young (< 60 years of age) adults with AML...
- Gemfibrozil treatment potentiates oxidative resistance of high-density lipoprotein in hypertriglyceridemic patientsM F Chen
Department of Internal Medicine (Cardiology, National Taiwan University Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Eur J Clin Invest 31:707-13. 2001....
- Overexpression of tumour-associated trypsin inhibitor (TATI) enhances tumour growth and is associated with portal vein invasion, early recurrence and a stage-independent prognostic factor of hepatocellular carcinomaY C Lee
Faculty of Biotechnology and Laboratory Science in Medicine, School of Medical Technology and Engineering, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Eur J Cancer 43:736-44. 2007..Moreover, it should be possible to use TATI, AFP and osteopontin as combined markers for molecular staging, the detection of HCC and for the prediction of ETR...
- Familial aggregation of metabolic syndrome among the Chinese: report from the Chin-Shan community family studyK L Chien
Institute of Preventive Medicine, School of Public Health, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 76:418-24. 2007..29, CI: 1.16-1.23). This study demonstrated clearly familial aggregation and recurrence risk ratio of metabolic syndrome and components among the general ethnic Chinese population in Taiwan...
- Efficacy of cholesterol levels and ratios in predicting future coronary heart disease in a Chinese populationT D Wang
Department of Internal Medicine (Cardiology, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, People's Republic of China
Am J Cardiol 88:737-43. 2001..Using the ratio of total to HDL cholesterol as the initial screening tool can obviate this discrepancy...
- A novel splicing acceptor mutation of the factor VIII gene producing skipping of exon 25J P Gau
Department of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, No 201 Section 2 Shih Pai Road, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Ann Hematol 82:175-7. 2003..Since exon 25 corresponds to part of the C2 domain, we speculate that for this patient the aberrant C2 domain markedly reduces binding affinity of FVIII protein to the phospholipid membrane, thus severely impairing the protein function...
- Expression of Epstein-Barr virus in carcinomas of major salivary glands: a strong association with lymphoepithelioma-like carcinomaC C Tsai
Department of Pathology, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
Hum Pathol 27:258-62. 1996..7%. The results suggest that LELC of the salivary gland in Taiwanese Chinese may share similar EBV-related pathogenesis with that of NPC...
- Implicit exchanges in family caregiving for frail elders in TaiwanHui-Chuan Hsu
Taichung Healthcare and Management University, Taichung, Taiwan
Qual Health Res 13:1078-93. 2003..The findings are implicated to help family caregivers continue their care and not damage their quality of care...