Y C Lee
Affiliation: Taipei Veterans General Hospital
- Autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for peripheral neuropathy secondary to monoclonal gammopathy of unknown significanceY C Lee
Bone Marrow Transplantation Programme, Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Bone Marrow Transplant 30:53-6. 2002..We propose that high-dose chemotherapy and autologous PBSC transplantation may have a role in the treatment of severe, progressive and treatment-resistant MGUS-related peripheral neuropathy...
- Jugular venous reflux and plasma endothelin-1 are associated with cough syncope: a case control pilot studyChih Ping Chung
Department of Neurology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
BMC Neurol 13:9. 2013..The present pilot study tested the hypothesis that JVR, in addition to an increased level of plasma endothelin-1 (ET-1), a potent vasoconstrictor, is involved in the pathophysiology of cough syncope...
- Plasma soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 levels predict outcomes of pneumonia-related septic shock patients: a prospective observational studyKuang Yao Yang
Chest Department, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Shipai Road, Taipei 112, Taiwan, ROC
Crit Care 15:R11. 2011..Their roles in predicting mortality and organ dysfunction remain to be clarified...
- Characteristics of pncA mutations in multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in TaiwanYu Chi Chiu
Department of Chest Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Shih Pai Rd, Taipei 112, Taiwan, ROC
BMC Infect Dis 11:240. 2011..The detection of pncA gene mutations is a potential surrogate of PZA susceptibility testing, especially in MDRTB isolates. The impact of genotypes of M. tuberculosis in pncA gene mutations also remains to be clarified...
- Argyrophilic nucleolar organizer regions in cells of thymoma and thymic carcinoma: correlation with DNA ploidy and clinicopathologic characteristicsY C Lee
Chest Department, Veterans General Hospital Taipei, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taiwan
Chest 115:1115-9. 1999....
- The in vitro activity of beta-lactamase inhibitors in combination with cephalosporins against M. tuberculosisC H Chen
Department of Chest Medicine, Veterans General Hospital Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Proc Natl Sci Counc Repub China B 19:80-4. 1995..5-100 micrograms/ml for cephapirin, 100-400 micrograms/ml for cefamandole, 25-200 micrograms/ml for cefotaxime, and 100-800 micrograms/ml for ceftriaxone. We concluded that sulbactam enhanced the antituberculosis effect of cephalosporins...
- Sialyl stage-specific embryonic antigen-1: a useful marker for differentiating the etiology of pleural effusionY C Lee
Chest Department, Veterans General Hospital Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Chest 114:1542-5. 1998..To assess the usefulness of sialyl stage-specific embryonic antigen-1 (SSEA-1) levels in differentiating the etiology of pleural effusion (PE)...
- Paclitaxel plus carboplatin, compared with paclitaxel plus gemcitabine, shows similar efficacy while more cost-effective: a randomized phase II study of combination chemotherapy against inoperable non-small-cell lung cancer previously untreatedY M Chen
Chest Department, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, National Yang Ming University, National Health Research Institute, Taiwan
Ann Oncol 13:108-15. 2002..Our aim here was to evaluate the clinical efficacy and cost-effectiveness of PC versus PG in chemo-naive. advanced NSCLC patients...
- Diagnosis and development of screening items for migraine in neurological practice in TaiwanShuu Jiun Wang
Neurological Institute, Taipei Veterans General Hospital and National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, 201 Section 2 Shih Pai Road, Taipei, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 107:485-94. 2008....
- Gemcitabine and cisplatin in a multimodality treatment for locally advanced non-small cell lung cancerC H Yang
Department of Oncology and Cancer Research Center, National Taiwan University Hospital, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, 7, Chung Shan South Road, Taipei, 10016, Taiwan
Br J Cancer 86:190-5. 2002..Three cycles of gemcitabine and cisplatin is effective and can be used as induction treatment before surgery for locally advanced non-small cell lung cancer patients...
- Mucin mRNA expression in lung adenocarcinoma cell lines and tissuesC J Yu
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Republic of China
Oncology 53:118-26. 1996..Therefore the clinical implications of the differential expression of the mucin genes need further investigation...
- A 13-year longitudinal study of the impact of double mutations in the core promoter region of hepatitis B virus on HBeAg seroconversion and disease progression in patients with genotype C chronic active hepatitisJ W Jang
Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
J Viral Hepat 14:169-75. 2007..A longer period of immune clearance coupled with delayed HBeAg seroconversion appears to contribute to disease progression in patients harbouring these mutations in the CP region of HBV...
- Developing an NLP and IR-based algorithm for analyzing gene-disease relationshipsY T Yen
Graduate Institute of Medical Informatics, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
Methods Inf Med 45:321-9. 2006....
- Vascular endothelial growth factor correlates with matrix metalloproteinase-9 in the pleural effusionH Y Jin
Department of Internal Medicine, Research Institute of Clinical Medicine, Chonbuk National University Medical School, 634 18, Keumamdong, Jeonju, 561 712, South Korea
Respir Med 98:115-22. 2004..The relationship between VEGF and MMP-9 in the pleural effusion may have a role in the pathogenesis of pleural fluid formation...
- Lung transplantation-the surgical experienceY C Lee
Department of Surgery, Pathology, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Transplant Proc 35:445-6. 2003
- Vascular endothelial growth factor 189 mRNA isoform expression specifically correlates with tumor angiogenesis, patient survival, and postoperative relapse in non-small-cell lung cancerA Yuan
Division of Chest Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine. National Taiwan University hospital and Institute of Biomedical Academia Sinica, Taipei
J Clin Oncol 19:432-41. 2001....
- Collapsin response mediator protein-1 and the invasion and metastasis of cancer cellsJ Y Shih
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei
J Natl Cancer Inst 93:1392-400. 2001....
- Pulmonary pleomorphic (spindle) cell carcinoma: peculiar clinicopathologic manifestations different from ordinary non-small cell carcinomaY L Chang
Department of Pathology, National Taiwan University Hospital, Chung-Shan South Road, Taipei 100, Taiwan, ROC
Lung Cancer 34:91-7. 2001..More definite diagnostic results will depend on further tissue sections and can be confirmed by immunohistochemical studies. Significantly fewer Ki-67, p53 and c-erb B-2 oncoprotein expressions were also noted...
- Genetic polymorphisms of XRCC1 and risk of the esophageal cancerJ M Lee
Department of Surgery, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Cancer 95:240-6. 2001..However, they did not reach a statistical significance. Our findings suggest that the polymorphic XRCC1 genes might modify the risk of alcohol-associated esophageal cancers...
- Gene polymorphisms of endothelial nitric oxide synthase and angiotensin-converting enzyme in patients with lung cancerK T Cheon
Department of Internal Medicine, Chonbuk National University Medical School, Chonju, South Korea
Lung 178:351-60. 2000..These results suggest that polymorphisms of the ecNOS gene, but not the ACE gene, may be associated with the development of lung cancer...
- Pulmonary resection in the treatment of patients with pulmonary multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in TaiwanC Y Chiang
Chronic Disease Control Bureau, Department of Health, Shen-Keng Shiang, Taipei County, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 5:272-7. 2001..This patient was disease-free after another course of treatment. CONCLUSION: For selected patients, pulmonary resection may improve the outcome of pulmonary MDR-TB...
- 60Cobalt vs. linear accelerator in the treatment of locally advanced cervix carcinoma: a comparison of survival and recurrence patternsK Holcomb
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kings County Hospital and State University of New York-Health Science Center at Brooklyn, USA
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 22:16-9. 2001..8%) compared to Group 2 (35.8%, p = .08). CONCLUSIONS: 60Cobalt units and linear accelerators offer comparable rates of overall survival in patients with locally advanced cervix carcinoma...