Ming Ying Lan
Affiliation: Taipei Veterans General Hospital
- Using high resolution computed tomography to evaluate middle ear cleft aeration of postoperative cholesteatoma earsMing Ying Lan
Department of Otolaryngology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taiwan, ROC
J Chin Med Assoc 66:217-23. 2003..In order to preserve the healthy mastoid air cells and also eradicate the cholesteatoma completely, we treated cholesteatoma ears by "tailored mastoidectomy with cartilage obliteration of the open cavity."..
- Pilomatricoma of the head and neck: a retrospective review of 179 casesMing Ying Lan
Department of Otolaryngology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, 201 Shih Pai Road, sector 2, Taipei 112, Taiwan
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 129:1327-30. 2003..To describe the clinical presentations and management of pilomatricoma, formerly known as pilomatrixoma, of the head and neck...
- Facial paralysis caused by metastasis of breast carcinoma to the temporal boneMing Ying Lan
Department of Otolaryngology, National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Chin Med Assoc 67:587-90. 2004..Metastatic disease should be considered as a possible etiology in patients with a clinical history of malignant neoplasms presenting with common otologic or vestibular symptoms, especially with facial nerve paralysis...
- Cigarette smoke extract induces cytotoxicity on human nasal epithelial cellsMing Ying Lan
Institute of Clinical Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Am J Rhinol 21:218-23. 2007..The nasal mucosa is the first area to be exposed to a variety of inhaled toxins. Among various inhaled toxins, cigarette smoke is the most common one and is associated with several nasal and sinus disorders...
- In vitro effects of preservatives in nasal sprays on human nasal epithelial cellsChing Yin Ho
Department of Otolaryngology, Veterans General Hospital Taipei and National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Rhinol 22:125-9. 2008..The preservatives benzalkonium chloride and potassium sorbate are widely used in nasal drops and sprays. Recently, side effects resulting from mucosal damage caused by benzalkonium chloride and potassium sorbate were reported...
- Topical corticosteroids applied with a squirt system are more effective than a nasal spray for steroid-dependent olfactory impairmentChih Hung Shu
Department of Otolaryngology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital and National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, Taipei
Laryngoscope 122:747-50. 2012..This study was designed to evaluate whether applying topical corticosteroids with a squirt system was more effective than using a nasal spray to maintain olfactory improvement following oral corticosteroids...
- Measurements of normal inner ear on computed tomography in children with congenital sensorineural hearing lossMing Ying Lan
Department of Otolaryngology, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, 160, Section 3, Chung Kang Rd, Taichung, 40705, Taiwan, ROC
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 266:1361-4. 2009..05). In conclusion, standardized measurements of bony labyrinth of inner ear on temporal bone CT can identify subtle abnormalities of inner ear in patients with congenital SNHL having grossly normal radiological images...
- A preliminary study on the role of inherited prothrombotic risk factors in Taiwanese patients with sudden sensorineural hearing lossMing Ying Lan
Department of Otolaryngology, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 268:817-22. 2011..Further studies with a large series of patients are needed to identify other possible candidate genes in order to elucidate the pathogenesis of SSHL...
- Using greater superficial petrosal nerve and geniculate ganglion as the only two landmarks for identifying internal auditory canal in middle fossa approachMing Ying Lan
Department of Otolaryngology, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, 160, Section 3, Chung Kang Rd, 40705, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 267:1867-71. 2010..In conclusion, the GSPN and GG can be the only two landmarks for safely identifying the IAC without injury to the inner ear structures in the middle fossa approach...
- From NPC therapeutic target identification to potential treatment strategyMing Ying Lan
Department of Otolaryngology, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Mol Cancer Ther 9:2511-23. 2010..109.23.188:8080/NPC) was established to facilitate future NPC research. This in silico approach, from target prioritization to potential drugs identification, might be an effective method for various cancer researches...
- Pathology quiz case 1. Actinomycosis of the lip mimicking minor salivary gland tumorMing-Chin Lan
Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 133:411, 414. 2007
- Sebaceous carcinoma of the eyelid with neck metastasisMing-Chin Lan
Department of Otolaryngology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital and National Yang-Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 136:670-1. 2007