Chia Kwung Fan
Affiliation: Taipei Medical University
- Fan C, Lee L, Liao C, Huang Y, Lee Y, Chang Y, et al. Toxoplasma gondii infection: relationship between seroprevalence and risk factors among primary schoolchildren in the capital areas of Democratic Republic of São Tomé and Príncipe, West Africa. Parasit Vectors. 2012;5:141 pubmed publisher..Measures such as improving environmental hygiene and intensive educational intervention to both PSC and their parents should be performed immediately so as to reduce T. gondii infection of DRSTP inhabitants including PSC and adults. ..
- Fan C, Su K. Cross-reactions with Ascaris suum antigens of sera from mice infected with A. suum, Toxocara canis, and Angiostrongylus cantonensis. Parasitol Int. 2004;53:263-71 pubmed..suum-induced VLM with serum IgG as tested by ELISA. Moreover, it was the first report to test the possibly antigenic cross-reactivity between A. suum and A. cantonensis. ..
- Fan C, Hung C, Du W, Liao C, Su K. Seroepidemiology of Toxocara canis infection among mountain aboriginal schoolchildren living in contaminated districts in eastern Taiwan. Trop Med Int Health. 2004;9:1312-8 pubmed..canis infection than those who did not. Children who habitually washed their hands before eating (OR=0.57, 95% CI: 0.33-0.97, P=0.04) had a lower chance of acquiring T. canis infection than those who did not. ..
- Maseko T, Mkhonta N, Masuku S, Dlamini S, Fan C. Schistosomiasis knowledge, attitude, practices, and associated factors among primary school children in the Siphofaneni area in the Lowveld of Swaziland. J Microbiol Immunol Infect. 2018;51:103-109 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that empowering children with knowledge and attempting to modify their water contact, and improved human waste disposal practices are necessary for schistosomiasis control. ..
- Sowemimo O, Lee Y, Asaolu S, Chuang T, Akinwale O, Badejoko B, et al. Seroepidemiological study and associated risk factors of Toxocara canis infection among preschool children in Osun State, Nigeria. Acta Trop. 2017;173:85-89 pubmed publisher..The results also provide baseline data for effective prevention strategies of toxocariasis in Southwest Nigeria and the study recommends prompt interventional measures, particularly health education on personal hygiene. ..
- Chou C, Lee Y, Liao C, Huang Y, Fan C. Enhanced expressions of neurodegeneration-associated factors, UPS impairment, and excess A? accumulation in the hippocampus of mice with persistent cerebral toxocariasis. Parasit Vectors. 2017;10:620 pubmed publisher..We thus postulate that progressive CT may still progress to neurodegeneration due to enhanced NDAF expressions, persistent UPS impairment and excess A? accumulation in the hippocampus. ..
- Liao C, Fan C, Kao T, Ji D, Su K, Lin Y, et al. Brain injury-associated biomarkers of TGF-beta1, S100B, GFAP, NF-L, tTG, AbetaPP, and tau were concomitantly enhanced and the UPS was impaired during acute brain injury caused by Toxocara canis in mice. BMC Infect Dis. 2008;8:84 pubmed publisher..Since the pathogenesis of murine toxocariasis is very similar to that in humans, it appears appropriate to use a murine model to investigate the pathogenesis of CT...
- Liao C, Cheng P, Chuang T, Chiu K, Chiang I, Kuo J, et al. Prevalence of Pediculus capitis in schoolchildren in Battambang, Cambodia. J Microbiol Immunol Infect. 2017;: pubmed publisher..P. capitis infestation is currently a common parasitic dermatosis and a critical public health concern in underdeveloped countries...
- Gyang P, Akinwale O, Lee Y, Chuang T, Orok A, Ajibaye O, et al. Seroprevalence, disease awareness, and risk factors for Toxocara canis infection among primary schoolchildren in Makoko, an urban slum community in Nigeria. Acta Trop. 2015;146:135-40 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest the need for prompt interventional measures, particularly health education on personal hygiene. ..
- Liao C, Chuang T, Huang Y, Chou C, Chiang C, Lee F, et al. Intestinal parasitic infections: Current prevalence and risk factors among schoolchildren in capital area of the Republic of Marshall Islands. Acta Trop. 2017;176:242-248 pubmed publisher..05). Schoolchildren who lived in urban area than rural area had higher chance to acquire pathogenic IPIs (p=0.03). However, none of risk factors were identified to be associated with pathogenic IPIs. ..