Chuang C Chiueh
Affiliation: Taipei Medical University
- Preconditioning-mediated neuroprotection: role of nitric oxide, cGMP, and new protein expressionTsugunobu Andoh
Department of Applied Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama, Japan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 962:1-7. 2002..These results suggest that *NO-cGMP-PKG signaling pathway plays an important role in the preconditioning-induced neuroprotection, and perhaps cardioprotection, against oxidative stress...
- Induction of thioredoxin and mitochondrial survival proteins mediates preconditioning-induced cardioprotection and neuroprotectionChuang C Chiueh
School of Pharmacy, Taipei Medical University, 250 Wu Hsing Street, Taipei 100, Taiwan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1042:403-18. 2005..Preconditioning-induced adaptive tolerance may be signaling through a cGMP-dependent induction of cytosolic redox protein Trx1 and subsequently mitochondrial proteins such as Bcl-2, MnSOD, and perhaps Trx2 or HSP70...
- Roles of thioredoxin in nitric oxide-dependent preconditioning-induced tolerance against MPTP neurotoxinChuang C Chiueh
School of Pharmacy, Taipei Medical University, Taipei 110, Taiwan, ROC
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 207:96-102. 2005..It is concluded that Trx plays a pivotal role in ()NO-dependent preconditioning hormesis against MPTP/MPP(+)...
- Role of the redox protein thioredoxin in cytoprotective mechanism evoked by (-)-deprenylTsugunobu Andoh
School of Pharmacy, Taipei Medical University, 250 Wu-Xing Street, Taipei 110, Taiwan
Mol Pharmacol 68:1408-14. 2005..In conclusion, without modifying MAO-B activity, selegiline augments the gene induction of Trx, leading to elevated expression of antioxidative MnSOD and antiapoptotic Bcl-2 proteins for protecting against MPP+-induced neurotoxicity...
- Contradictory effects of sodium nitroprusside and S-nitroso-N-acetylpenicillamine on oxidative stress in brain dopamine neurons in vivoPekka Rauhala
Institute of Biomedicine, Pharmacology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Ann N Y Acad Sci 962:60-72. 2002..g., GSNO and SNAP) can scavenge reactive oxygen species and activate the heme moiety of guanylyl cyclase, resulting in protection of brain dopamine neurons through both antioxidative and antiapoptotic mechanisms...
- Nitric oxide: an antioxidant and neuroprotectorKochupurackal P Mohanakumar
Laboratory of Experimental and Clinical Neuroscience, Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Calcutta, India
Ann N Y Acad Sci 962:389-401. 2002..This evidence suggests that NO renders protection against MPTP-induced OH-mediated nigrostriatal lesions, acting as an antioxidant...
- 17beta-estradiol activates ICI 182,780-sensitive estrogen receptors and cyclic GMP-dependent thioredoxin expression for neuroprotectionSang Y Lee
Department of Neuroscience and Anatomy, Penn State University College of Medicine, M.S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
FASEB J 17:947-8. 2003..We conclude that cGMP-dependent expression of Trx--the redox protein with potent antioxidative and antiapoptotic properties--may play a pivotal role in estrogen-induced neuroprotection...
- Neuroprotective properties of nitric oxide and S-nitrosoglutathionePekka Rauhala
Institute of Biomedicine, Pharmacology, Biomedicum Helsinki, P O Box 63, University of Helsinki 00014, Helsinki, Finland
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 207:91-5. 2005....
- S-nitrosoglutathione (GSNO) mediates brain response to hypoxiaChuang C Chiueh
Pediatr Res 51:414. 2002
- Angeli's salt induces neurotoxicity in dopaminergic neurons in vivo and in vitroAntiii J Väänänen
Institute of Biomedicine Pharmacology, P O Box 63, University of Helsinki, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Free Radic Res 37:381-9. 2003....
- Biological stress response terminology: Integrating the concepts of adaptive response and preconditioning stress within a hormetic dose-response frameworkEdward J Calabrese
School of Public Health, Morrill I, N344, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 222:122-8. 2007....