Affiliation: Taipei Medical University
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
- Chang J, Chen Y, Owaga E, Palupi K, Pan W, Bai C. Interactive effects of dietary fat/carbohydrate ratio and body mass index on iron deficiency anemia among Taiwanese women. Nutrients. 2014;6:3929-41 pubmed publisher..144-1.008; p = 0.051), 0.370 (0.133-1.026; p = 0.056) and 0.748 (0.314-1.783; p = 0.513); for T1, T2 and T3, respectively. In conclusion, a protective effect of BMI on IDA may be attenuated in women who had increased fat/CHO ratio. ..
- Lin S, Chen C, Hu H, Bai C. Predicting functional outcomes of posterior circulation acute ischemic stroke in first 36 h of stroke onset. J Neurol. 2018;265:926-932 pubmed publisher..PC-ASPECTS > 7 is a helpful discriminator for achieving favorable functional outcome prediction in posterior circulation acute ischemic stroke. ..
- Chen P, Chuang C, Tu Y, Bai C, Chen C, Liaw M. A Bayesian network meta-analysis: Comparing the clinical effectiveness of local corticosteroid injections using different treatment strategies for carpal tunnel syndrome. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2015;16:363 pubmed publisher..The quality of studies is good. According to our analyses, the ultrasound-guided in-plane injection (Ulnar-I) approach was the most effective treatment among the injection approaches for carpal tunnel syndrome. ..
- Alizargar J, Bai C. Factors associated with carotid Intima media thickness and carotid plaque score in community-dwelling and non-diabetic individuals. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2018;18:21 pubmed publisher..HBA1c at >?5.9% can determine early and late stage subclinical atherosclerosis in community dwelling individuals, but only late stage subclinical atherosclerosis in non-diabetic subjects. ..
- Chan L, Hu C, Fan Y, Li F, Hu H, Hong C, et al. Incidence of poststroke seizures: A meta-analysis. J Clin Neurosci. 2018;47:347-351 pubmed publisher..The pooled incidence density of late-onset poststroke seizure was 1.12 per 100 person-years in 4 cohort studies. ..
- Fan Y, Chou C, You S, Sun C, Chen C, Bai C. Impact of Worsened Metabolic Syndrome on the Risk of Dementia: A Nationwide Cohort Study. J Am Heart Assoc. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..752) or improved (P=0.829) MetS. Similar results were detected in participants aged ?65 years. Patients with worsened MetS had an increased dementia risk during the 10-year follow-up period in a population-based sample. ..
- Hsu J, Hsu W, Chang C, Lin K, Hsiao I, Fan Y, et al. Everyday cognition scales are related to cognitive function in the early stage of probable Alzheimer's disease and FDG-PET findings. Sci Rep. 2017;7:1719 pubmed publisher..41 and -0.46, P < 0.01). In conclusion, both total and memory domain ECog scores were correlated with the neuropsychological tests and neuroimaging biomarkers. ..
- Sabrina N, Bai C, Chang C, Chien Y, Chen J, Chang J. Serum Iron:Ferritin Ratio Predicts Healthy Body Composition and Reduced Risk of Severe Fatty Liver in Young Adult Women. Nutrients. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the serum iron:ferritin ratio more accurately predicts body composition and reduced risk of severe fatty liver progression in young adult women compared to middle-aged women. ..
- Fan Y, Hsu J, Tung H, Chou C, Bai C. Increased dementia risk predominantly in diabetes mellitus rather than in hypertension or hyperlipidemia: a population-based cohort study. Alzheimers Res Ther. 2017;9:7 pubmed publisher..DM itself (i.e., the systemic influence of hyperglycemia) might be the main driver of increased dementia risk. ..