Ming Chin Yang
Affiliation: National Taiwan University
- Using path analysis to examine causal relationships among balanced scorecard performance indicators for general hospitals: the case of a public hospital system in TaiwanMing Chin Yang
Institute of Health Care Organization Administration, National Taiwan University, Taipei
Health Care Manage Rev 31:280-8. 2006..However, they should also validate causal relationships between leading and lagging indicators periodically because the management environment changes constantly...
- Smoking attributable medical expenditures, years of potential life lost, and the cost of premature death in TaiwanM C Yang
Institute of Health Care Organization Administration, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Tob Control 14:i62-70. 2005..To estimate the smoking attributable medical expenditures and productivity loss of people aged 35 and over in Taiwan in 2001 from a societal viewpoint...
- National health insurance expenditure for adult beneficiaries in Taiwan in their last year of lifeChia Nien Liu
Institute of Health Policy and Management, Department of Living Science, National Open University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 101:552-9. 2002..The purposes of this study were to examine health care use and expenditure under National Health Insurance (NHI) by Taiwanese adults in the last year of life, and to compare their results with those of randomly selected survivors...
- Lifetime medical expenditure and life expectancy lost attributable to smoking through major smoking related diseases in TaiwanChih Wen Chung
Center for Health Risk Assessment and Policy, College of Public Health, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Tob Control 16:394-9. 2007..To estimate the lifetime financial burden on Taiwan's national health insurance (NHI) system, life expectancy and years of life expectancy lost (YLEL) attributable to smoking from major smoking related diseases...
- Patient satisfaction with and recommendation of a hospital: effects of interpersonal and technical aspects of hospital careShou Hsia Cheng
Institute of Health Policy and Management and Center for Health Policy Research, National Taiwan University, College of Public Health, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Qual Health Care 15:345-55. 2003..To examine patient satisfaction with and recommendation of a hospital, with a special focus on the correlation of these measures to patient ratings of interpersonal and technical performance of the hospital...
- Financial assessment of a picture archiving and communication system implemented all at onceYing Chen Fang
Department of Radiology, Taipei City Hospital Heping Branch, 33 Sec 2 Chung Hwa Rd, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Digit Imaging 19:44-51. 2006..Our experience shows that implementation of hospital-wide PACS all at once can produce cost savings. For hospitals intending to go filmless, this study offers a model for financial evaluation of PACS to help in decision making...
- Impacts of cost containment strategies on pharmaceutical expenditures of the National Health Insurance in Taiwan, 1996-2003Yue Chune Lee
Institute of Health and Welfare Policy, College of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Pharmacoeconomics 24:891-902. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate the impact of these cost containment strategies on the PE of the NHI programme from 1996 to 2003...
- Factors influencing the successful treatment of infectious pulmonary tuberculosisW S Chung
Department of Internal Medicine, Hualien General Hospital, Hualien, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 11:59-64. 2007..Achieving successful treatment of infectious pulmonary tuberculosis (PTB) could reduce the spread of tuberculosis (TB) and the emergence of multidrug resistance...
- A statistical method for flagging weak spots improves normalization and ratio estimates in microarraysM C Yang
Department of Statistics, University of Florida, Department of Pathology, Center for Mammalian Genetics and Diabetes Center of Excellence, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 32610-0275, USA
Physiol Genomics 7:45-53. 2001..These studies suggest that decreasing the background noise is critical to improve the quality of microarray experiments...