Sheng Nan Wu
Affiliation: National Cheng Kung University
- Huang C, Hung T, Wu S. The inhibitory actions by lacosamide, a functionalized amino acid, on voltage-gated Na+ currents. Neuroscience. 2015;287:125-36 pubmed publisher..The unique effects of LCS on NaV currents presented here may contribute to its in vivo modulation of cellular excitability. ..
- Wu S, Huang H, Yeh C, Yang W, Lo Y. Inhibitory effect of memantine, an NMDA-receptor antagonist, on electroporation-induced inward currents in pituitary GH3 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;405:508-13 pubmed publisher..The channel-suppressing properties of MEM might contribute to the underlying mechanisms by which it and its structurally related compounds affect neuronal or neuroendocrine function. ..
- Wu S, Chen B, Hsu T, Peng H, Wu Y, Lo Y. Analytical studies of rapidly inactivating and noninactivating sodium currents in differentiated NG108-15 neuronal cells. J Theor Biol. 2009;259:828-36 pubmed publisher..The underlying mechanism of the inhibitory actions of ranolazine or riluzole on membrane potential in neurons or neuroendocrine cells in vivo may thus be associated with their blocking of I(Na)(()(NI)()). ..
- Chiang N, Wu S, Chen L. The potent activation of Ca(2+)-activated K(+) current by NVP-AUY922 in the human pancreatic duct cell line (PANC-1) possibly independent of heat shock protein 90 inhibition. J Pharmacol Sci. 2015;127:404-13 pubmed publisher..Collectively, AUY can interact with the BKCa channel to largely increase IK(Ca) in PDECs. ..
- Hsu H, Lo Y, Huang Y, Tseng Y, Wu S. Important modifications by sugammadex, a modified ?-cyclodextrin, of ion currents in differentiated NSC-34 neuronal cells. BMC Neurosci. 2017;18:6 pubmed publisher..The treatment of SGX may influence the amplitude and gating of I K(DR) and its actions could potentially contribute to functional activities of motor neurons if similar results were found in vivo. ..
- So E, Wu S, Lo Y, Su K. Differential regulation of tefluthrin and telmisartan on the gating charges of INa activation and inactivation as well as on resurgent and persistent INa in a pituitary cell line (GH3). Toxicol Lett. 2018;285:104-112 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results indicated that Tef- or TEL-mediated changes in the gating kinetics of INa are linked to their actions on functional activity of neurons, neuroendocrine or endocrine cells. ..
- Lai M, Hung T, Lin K, Sung P, Wu S, Yang C, et al. Sodium Metabisulfite: Effects on Ionic Currents and Excitotoxicity. Neurotox Res. 2018;34:1-15 pubmed publisher..We conclude that SMB contributes to the sodium channel-activating mechanism through which it alters cellular excitability and excitotoxicity in wide-spectrum excitable cells. ..
- Kuo P, Yang C, Lee Y, Chen P, Liu Y, Wu S. The comprehensive electrophysiological study of curcuminoids on delayed-rectifier K+ currents in insulin-secreting cells. Eur J Pharmacol. 2018;819:233-241 pubmed publisher..Taken these results together, these effects may be one of the possible mechanisms contributing their insulin-releasing effect. ..
- Wu S, Wu A, Sung R. Identification of two types of ATP-sensitive K+ channels in rat ventricular myocytes. Life Sci. 2007;80:378-87 pubmed..The present results suggest that these two types of K(ATP) channels may functionally be related to the activity of heart cells. ..