Kevin Chien Chang Wu
Affiliation: National Taiwan University
- Suicide methods in Asia: implications in suicide preventionKevin Chien Chang Wu
Department of Social Medicine, School of Medicine, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, 2F Medical Humanity Building, No 1, Section 1, Ren Ai Road, Zhong Zheng District, Taipei 10051, Taiwan
Int J Environ Res Public Health 9:1135-58. 2012..Further research on suicide methods is important for public health approaches to suicide prevention with sensitivity to socio-cultural, economic, and religious factors in different countries...
- Altruistic violenceKevin Chien Chang Wu
National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Am J Bioeth 8:28-30; discussion W1-3. 2008
- Soul-making in neuroimaging?Kevin Chien Chang Wu
National Taiwan University College of Medicine, 2F Medical Humanity Building, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Bioeth 8:21-2. 2008
- [Mental capacity of psychiatric patients]Kevin Chien Chang Wu
Department of Social Medicine, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, and Department of Psychiatry, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Hu Li Za Zhi 57:5-10. 2010....
- Deliberative democracy and epistemic humilityKevin Chien Chang Wu
National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Behav Brain Sci 34:93-4. 2011..However, three conditions are necessary: (1) an ethic of individual epistemic humility, (2) a pragmatic deflationist definition of truth, and (3) a microscopic framing power analysis during group reasoning...
- Governing drug use through neurobiological subject construction: The sad loss of the socioculturalKevin Chien Chang Wu
National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei 100, Taiwan http www ntu edu tw
Behav Brain Sci 34:327-8. 2011....
- A test of the substitution hypothesis: an analysis of urban and rural trends in solid/liquid poisoning suicides in TaiwanYing Yeh Chen
Taipei City Psychiatric Centre, Taipei City Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan Institute of Public Health and Department of Public Health, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Soc Sci Med 96:45-51. 2013..Stratified analyses by geographical (i.e. urban/rural) area can help to disentangle the patterns in each subgroup, which will improve our understanding of the phenomenon and make suicide prevention efforts more focused and effective. ..
- Suicide in Asia: opportunities and challengesYing Yeh Chen
Taipei City Psychiatric Centre, Taipei City Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Epidemiol Rev 34:129-44. 2012....
- The diffusion of a new method of suicide: charcoal-burning suicide in Hong Kong and TaiwanYing Yeh Chen
Taipei City Psychiatric Center, Taipei City Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 50:227-36. 2015..In the late 1990s, an epidemic rise in suicides by carbon monoxide poisoning from burning barbecue charcoal began in Hong Kong and Taiwan. This study investigates the diffusion of this new method of suicide...