Jing Jy Wang
Affiliation: National Cheng Kung University
- A structural model of the bio-psycho-socio-spiritual factors influencing the development towards gerotranscendence in a sample of institutionalized eldersJing Jy Wang
Department of Nursing and Institute of Gerontology, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
J Adv Nurs 67:2628-36. 2011..Physical ability, depressive symptoms, social network support, meaning of life and life satisfaction were examined through a structured equation modelling approach...
- Characteristics and underlying meaning of hoarding behavior in elders with Alzheimer's dementia: caregivers' perspectiveJing Jy Wang
Department of Nursing, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan, ROC
J Nurs Res 20:189-96. 2012..Although hoarding is relatively harmless, unattended excessive hoarding can create health and safety issues for both patients and caregivers...
- Group reminiscence therapy for cognitive and affective function of demented elderly in TaiwanJing Jy Wang
Department of Nursing, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 22:1235-40. 2007..Reminiscence is believed to be effective in improving the cognition and mood of demented people...
- Development and testing of screening indicators for psychological abuse of older peopleJing Jy Wang
Department of Nursing, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan, ROC
Arch Psychiatr Nurs 21:40-7. 2007....
- Caregiver factors contributing to psychological elder abuse behavior in long-term care facilities: a structural equation model approachJing Jy Wang
Department of Nursing, Institute of Allied Health Science, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan City, Taiwan
Int Psychogeriatr 21:314-20. 2009....
- [Dementia patients: effective communication strategies]Jing Jy Wang
Department of Nursing, National Cheng Kung University, ROC
Hu Li Za Zhi 58:85-90. 2011..Evidence based guidelines are important for caregivers when communicating with dementia patients in order to achieve positive outcomes and high care quality...
- Effects of gerotranscendence support group on gerotranscendence perspective, depression, and life satisfaction of institutionalized eldersJing Jy Wang
Institute of Gerontology, Department of Nursing, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Aging Ment Health 15:580-6. 2011..The purpose of this research was to test the clinical use of the gerotranscendence (GT) theory and its influence on GT perspective, depression, and life satisfaction among a group of institutionalized elders...
- Group reminiscence intervention in Taiwanese elders with dementiaJing Jy Wang
National Cheng Kung University, Department of Nursing and Institute of Allied Health Science, No 1, University Road, Tainan City 701 Taiwan, ROC
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 49:227-32. 2009....
- The effects of reminiscence on self-health perception and self-esteem of institutionalized elderly in TaiwanJing Jy Wang
Fooyin University, Department of Nursing, Taiwan, R O C
Int J Psychiatr Nurs Res 9:1092-9. 2004..Efforts to improve health perceptions of the elderly may also reach consequences on their quality of life...
- The comparative effectiveness among institutionalized and non-institutionalized elderly people in Taiwan of reminiscence therapy as a psychological measureJing Jy Wang
Department of Nursing, Fooyin University, ROC
J Nurs Res 12:237-45. 2004..Implementing strategies that enrich the lives of elderly people residing in long-term cares is crucial, and reminiscence offers a method for promoting healthy aging...
- The effects of reminiscence on depressive symptoms and mood status of older institutionalized adults in TaiwanJing Jy Wang
Department of Nursing, Fooyin University, Taiwan, 831 ROC
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 20:57-62. 2005..This study examined the effects of reminiscence on depressive symptoms and mood status of elderly people residing in long-term care facilities...
- Psychologically abusive behavior by those caring for the elderly in a domestic contextJing Jy Wang
Department of Nursing, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
Geriatr Nurs 27:284-91; quiz 292. 2006..Analytical results provide important information for medical and social interventions and policies for improving the quality of life of elderly people...
- Assessment of the convergent validity of pain intensity in the Pain Sensory ToolSu Fen Cheng
School of Nursing, Fooyin University, Taiwan, ROC
J Nurs Res 11:93-100. 2003..It is not clear whether these five-year-old children were outliers or whether the PST is difficult for younger children. The authors suggested duplicating this study and specifying the five-year-old age group for the validity test...
- [Chronic pain and associated factors amongst institutionalized elderly with arthritis]Jyy I Lin
Department of Nursing, National Taipei University of Nursing and Health Sciences, ROC
Hu Li Za Zhi 58:59-67. 2011..Arthritis is already a main cause of chronic pain, depression, and institutionalization in this group. Chronic pain resulting from arthritis is a serious threat to the elderly population...
- The effects of reminiscence in promoting mental health of Taiwanese elderlyJing Jy Wang
Department of Nursing, Fooyin University, 151 Chinh Hsuen Road, Ta Liao Hsiang, Kaohsiung Hsien, 831, Taiwan, ROC
Int J Nurs Stud 42:31-6. 2005..Reminiscence not only supports depression of the elderly but also empower nurses to become proactive in their daily nursing care activities...
- Educational support group in changing caregivers' psychological elder abuse behavior toward caring for institutionalized eldersHsiu Fang Hsieh
Department of Nursing, Fooyin University, Kaohsiung Hsien, Taiwan, ROC
Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract 14:377-86. 2009..66). Findings have important implications for education and programming for facility administers and long-term care policy makers when planning quality improvement for elderly care...
- Physical, affective, and behavioral effects of group reminiscence on depressed institutionalized elders in TaiwanYa Chuan Hsu
Department of Nursing, Chang Jung Christian University, Tainan County, Taiwan, Republic of China
Nurs Res 58:294-9. 2009..Depression among institutionalized elders is a common problem associated with physical and functional limitations, and effective interventions are needed...
- [Chronic pain coping experiences of institutionalized elderly]Chiung Ying Lee
Department of Nursing, Chang Gung Institute of Technology, ROC
Hu Li Za Zhi 55:53-62. 2008..Recommendations highlighted in this study include increasing chronic pain education and continued research in support of developing a Chinese version chronic pain assessment tool for the elderly...
- [The relationship between gerotranscendence and demographics in institutionalized elders]Ling Yu Hsieh
Department of Nursing, Chia Yi Christian Hospital, ROC
Hu Li Za Zhi 55:37-46. 2008..Study findings help health professionals better understand the development of the psychosocial perception of elders as well as assist clinical caregivers to plan relevant activities and nursing interventions...
- Problem solving strategies integrated into nursing process to promote clinical problem solving abilities of RN-BSN studentsJing Jy Wang
Department of Nursing, Fooyin University, Taiwan, ROC
Nurse Educ Today 24:589-95. 2004..In conclusion, problem-solving strategies integrated into nursing process designed for future RN-BSN students are recommendable...
- Psychological abuse behavior exhibited by caregivers in the care of the elderly and correlated factors in long-term care facilities in TaiwanJing Jy Wang
Department of Nursing, Fooyin University, Kaohsiung County
J Nurs Res 13:271-80. 2005..Results of this study provide important information that may be used in medical and social interventions and policies aimed at improving quality of life for the institutionalized elderly...
- Psychological abuse and its characteristic correlates among elderly TaiwaneseJing Jy Wang
Department of Nursing, Fooyin University, 151 Chinh Hsuen Road, Ta Liao Hsiang, Kaohsiung Hsien 831, Taiwan ROC
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 42:307-18. 2006..The findings of this study are crucial in developing a national system for protecting the elderly, and a continuing educational plan is required for enforcing communication between caregivers and elders...