Genomes and Genes
Yau Sheng Tsai
Affiliation: National Cheng Kung University
- Decreased PPAR gamma expression compromises perigonadal-specific fat deposition and insulin sensitivityYau Sheng Tsai
Institute of Clinical Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 701, Taiwan, Republic of China
Mol Endocrinol 23:1787-98. 2009..Together, these results underscore the differential sensitivity of the individual fat depots on PPAR gamma availability as an underlying mechanism of partial lipodystrophy...
- Overweight worsens apoptosis, neuroinflammation and blood-brain barrier damage after hypoxic ischemia in neonatal brain through JNK hyperactivationYi Fang Tu
Institute of Clinical Medicine, National Cheng Kung University College of Medicine, Tainan, Taiwan
J Neuroinflammation 8:40. 2011..We hypothesized that neonatal overweight aggravates HI brain damage through JNK hyperactivation-mediated upregulation of neuronal apoptosis, neuroinflammation and BBB leakage in rat pups...
- Effects of PPARγ and RBP4 gene variants on metabolic syndrome in HIV-infected patients with anti-retroviral therapyYuan Pin Hung
Institute of Clinical Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 7:e49102. 2012..The influences of PPARγ (C1431T and Pro12Ala) and RBP4 (-803GA) polymorphisms on metabolic syndrome in HIV-infected patients receiving anti-retroviral therapy were examined in this study...
- Increased aortic stiffness and attenuated lysyl oxidase activity in obesityJu Yi Chen
Institute of Clinical Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 701, Taiwan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 33:839-46. 2013..The aim of this study was to investigate the pathophysiology that links obesity to aortic stiffening...
- Effects of increased systemic inflammation and central obesity on arterial stiffness in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseJu Yi Chen
Institute of Clinical Medicine, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
J Am Soc Hypertens 6:253-60. 2012..01-1.13; P < .05) was the only independent factor that predicted low CI (<median value) in patients with NAFLD. Central obesity was an important determinant both for increased arterial stiffness and hs-CRP in Patients with NAFLD...
- Mitochondrial fission contributes to mitochondrial dysfunction and insulin resistance in skeletal muscleHuei Fen Jheng
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Republic of China
Mol Cell Biol 32:309-19. 2012..Thus, disruption of mitochondrial dynamics may underlie the pathogenesis of muscle insulin resistance in obesity and type 2 diabetes...