Tung Hu Tsai
Affiliation: National Yang-Ming University
- Hou M, Lin C, Lin L, Tsai T. The Drug-Drug Effects of Rhein on the Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of Clozapine in Rat Brain Extracellular Fluid by In Vivo Microdialysis. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2015;355:125-34 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that a detailed clinical study for drug-drug interactions is recommended. ..
- Hsueh T, Ho J, Lin L, Chiu A, Lin C, Tsai T. Herb-drug interaction of Epimedium extract on the pharmacokinetic of dapoxetine in rats. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2016;1014:64-9 pubmed publisher..The oral bioavailability of dapoxetine was about 75% in rats. ..
- Cheng Y, Tsai T. Analysis of Sheng-Mai-San, a Ginseng-Containing Multiple Components Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine Using Liquid Chromatography Tandem Mass Spectrometry and Physical Examination by Electron and Light Microscopies. Molecules. 2016;21: pubmed publisher..This study provides a reference standard operating procedure guide for the quality control of the Chinese herbal pharmaceutical products of Sheng-Mai-San. ..
- Liu Y, Liu Y, Huang P, Tsai T, Chen Y. Antrodia cinnamomea mycelial fermentation broth inhibits the epithelial-mesenchymal transition of human esophageal adenocarcinoma cancer cells. Food Chem Toxicol. 2018;119:380-386 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, AC-MFB treatment was able to inhibit the expression levels of both Twist and Twist1. Overall, AC-MFB was able to inhibit the EMT of esophageal cancer BE3 cells, which was accompanied by Twist and Twist1 downregulation. ..
- Liu J, Cheng Y, Hsieh C, Tsai T. The Herb-Drug Pharmacokinetic Interaction of 5-Fluorouracil and Its Metabolite 5-Fluoro-5,6-Dihydrouracil with a Traditional Chinese Medicine in Rats. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;19: pubmed publisher..Overall, the pharmacokinetic results confirm the safety of coadministering 5-FU with XSLJZT, and provide practical dosage information for clinical practice. ..
- Hsueh T, Lin W, Tsai T. Using Light Microscopy and Liquid Chromatography Tandem Mass Spectrometry for Qualitative and Quantitative Control of a Combined Three-Herb Formulation in Different Preparations. Molecules. 2016;21: pubmed..The results provide a reference for clinical herbal product preparations and further pharmacokinetic research. ..
- Chen S, Lee T, Tsai T, Lin Y, Lin C, Shieh H, et al. The Traditional Chinese Medicine DangguiBuxue Tang Sensitizes Colorectal Cancer Cells to Chemoradiotherapy. Molecules. 2016;21: pubmed..We conclude that DBT-PD induces autophagy-associated cell death in CT26 cells, and may have potential as a chemotherapy or radiotherapy sensitizer in colorectal cancer treatment. ..
- Chen C, Chiang C, Wu L, Yang C, Kuo Y, Tsuang Y, et al. Time course investigation of intervertebral disc degeneration in a rat-tail puncture model. Life Sci. 2016;156:15-20 pubmed publisher..The degenerative changes observed in this rat-tail puncture model are similar to human disc degeneration and that this model may be valuable for elucidating the molecular mechanisms and pathways underlying disc degeneration. ..
- Cheng Y, Tsai T, Jhan Y, Chiu A, Tsai K, Chien C, et al. Thermosensitive chitosan-based hydrogel as a topical ocular drug delivery system of latanoprost for glaucoma treatment. Carbohydr Polym. 2016;144:390-9 pubmed publisher..This newly developed chitosan-based hydrogel may provide a non-invasive alternative to traditional anti-glaucoma eye drops for glaucoma treatment. ..
- Hou M, Lu C, Lin C, Lin L, Tsai T. Pharmacokinetics of Maleic Acid as a Food Adulterant Determined by Microdialysis in Rat Blood and Kidney Cortex. Molecules. 2016;21:367 pubmed publisher..v., respectively), indicating that greater accumulation of maleic acid occurred in the rat kidney. ..
- Wang J, Chiang M, Lu C, Tsai T. Determination the active compounds of herbal preparation by UHPLC-MS/MS and its application on the preclinical pharmacokinetics of pure ephedrine, single herbal extract of Ephedra, and a multiple herbal preparation in rats. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2016;1026:152-161 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the rest of the herbal ingredients in the Ephedra extract and the MXGST may provide a compensation effect that reduces the peak concentration of ephedrine and prolongs the elimination half-life. ..
- Hsieh C, Hou M, Wang L, Tai H, Tsai T, Chen Y. Local pelvic irradiation modulates Pharmacokinetics of 5-Fluorouracil in the plasma but not in the Lymphatic System. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:316 pubmed publisher..The RT-PK phenomena in plasma provide references for adjustment of drug administration. Chemotherapy drugs entering the lymphatic system is worthy of further investigation. ..
- Li C, Cheng Y, Hsieh C, Tsai T. Pharmacokinetics of Schizandrin and Its Pharmaceutical Products Assessed Using a Validated LC-MS/MS Method. Molecules. 2018;23: pubmed publisher..The method was successfully applied to the pharmacokinetic study of pure schizandrin after oral administration of its pharmaceutical industry products in rats. ..
- Cheng Y, Tsai T. A validated LC-MS/MS determination method for the illegal food additive rhodamine B: Applications of a pharmacokinetic study in rats. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2016;125:394-9 pubmed publisher..8±1.4h, with a clearance of 229.7±19.4mL/h/kg. These pharmacokinetic results provide a constructive contribution to our understanding of the absorption mechanism of rhodamine B and support additional food safety evaluations. ..
- Ting C, Kuo C, Hu H, Lee Y, Tsai T. Prescription frequency and patterns of Chinese herbal medicine for liver cancer patients in Taiwan: a cross-sectional analysis of the National Health Insurance Research Database. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:118 pubmed publisher..We propose that these breakthrough findings may have important implications for HCC therapy, clinical trials and modernization of CHM. ..
- Su N, Wu S, Chi C, Liu C, Tsai T, Chen Y. Metronomic Cordycepin Therapy Prolongs Survival of Oral Cancer-Bearing Mice and Inhibits Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..In conclusion, metronomic cordycepin therapy showed effective tumor control, prolonged survival and low toxicities. Cytotoxicity against cancer cells with apoptotic features and EMT inhibition were observed. ..
- Ting C, Cheng Y, Tsai T. Herb-Drug Interaction between the Traditional Hepatoprotective Formulation and Sorafenib on Hepatotoxicity, Histopathology and Pharmacokinetics in Rats. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..A detailed clinical trial should be performed to further evaluate the efficacy or adverse effects of the LDXGT formulation in combination with sorafenib in humans. ..
- Hsueh T, Lin W, Tsai T. Pharmacokinetic interactions of herbal medicines for the treatment of chronic hepatitis. J Food Drug Anal. 2017;25:209-218 pubmed publisher..In addition, the existing pharmacokinetic profiles were further linked with clinical practice to provide insight for the safety and specific use of traditional herbal medicines. ..
- Tsai Y, Chang Liao W, Chien C, Lin L, Tsai T. Effects of polymer molecular weight on relative oral bioavailability of curcumin. Int J Nanomedicine. 2012;7:2957-66 pubmed publisher..The results of this study provide the rationale for design of a nanomedicine delivery system to enhance the bioavailability of water-insoluble pharmaceutical compounds and functional foods. ..
- Tsai T, Chang C, Lin L. Effects of Evodia rutaecarpa and rutaecarpine on the pharmacokinetics of caffeine in rats. Planta Med. 2005;71:640-5 pubmed..This finding should be very important whenever herb-drug interactions would be possible for a herbal remedy...
- Liu J, Cheng Y, Hsieh C, Tsai T. Identification of a Multicomponent Traditional Herbal Medicine by HPLC-MS and Electron and Light Microscopy. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..The developed chemical and physical methods provide a standard operating procedure for the quantity control of the herbal pharmaceutical products of XSLJZT. ..