Yung Chih Kuo
Affiliation: National Chung Cheng University
- Kuo Y, Wang C. Cartilage regeneration by culturing chondrocytes in scaffolds grafted with TATVHL peptide. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2012;93:235-40 pubmed publisher..TATVHL peptide can be a promising bioactive molecule to improve chondrogenesis in porous biomaterials. ..
- Kuo Y, Tsai Y. Heparin-conjugated scaffolds with pore structure of inverted colloidal crystals for cartilage regeneration. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2011;82:616-23 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the ordered pores in the heparinized ICC constructs could favor the chondrocyte culture to regenerate a uniform distribution of cartilage. ..
- Kuo Y, Hsu Y. Tissue-engineered polyethylene oxide/chitosan scaffolds as potential substitutes for articular cartilage. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2009;91:277-87 pubmed publisher..The present PEO/chitosan scaffolds showed enhancements in biomedical characteristics for the formation of tissue-engineered cartilage toward clinical prosthesis. ..
- Kuo Y, Lee C. Methylmethacrylate-sulfopropylmethacrylate nanoparticles with surface RMP-7 for targeting delivery of antiretroviral drugs across the blood-brain barrier. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2012;90:75-82 pubmed publisher..Endocytosis of RMP-7/MMA-SPM NPs and tight junction mediation can improve the permeability of D4T, DLV, and SQV across the BBB. ..
- Kuo Y, Chen Y. Targeting delivery of etoposide to inhibit the growth of human glioblastoma multiforme using lactoferrin- and folic acid-grafted poly(lactide-co-glycolide) nanoparticles. Int J Pharm. 2015;479:138-49 pubmed publisher..Lf/FA/PLGA NPs with loaded etoposide can be a promising anticancer pharmacotherapy to enhance the delivery of etoposide to malignant brain tumors for preclinical trials. ..
- Kuo Y, Wang C. Guided differentiation of induced pluripotent stem cells into neuronal lineage in alginate-chitosan-gelatin hydrogels with surface neuron growth factor. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2013;104:194-9 pubmed publisher..Alginate-chitosan-gelatin scaffolds with surface NGF can guide the differentiation of iPS cells for regenerating neurons. ..
- Kuo Y, Chen H. Entrapment and release of saquinavir using novel cationic solid lipid nanoparticles. Int J Pharm. 2009;365:206-13 pubmed publisher..Hence, the current CSLNs could carry SQV for the improved medication of individuals infected by human immunodeficiency viruses. ..
- Kuo Y, Lin C. Accelerated nerve regeneration using induced pluripotent stem cells in chitin-chitosan-gelatin scaffolds with inverted colloidal crystal geometry. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2013;103:595-600 pubmed publisher..ICC topography in chitin-chitosan-gelatin scaffolds can accelerate neuronal differentiation of iPS cells. ..
- Kuo Y, Chung C. Chondrogenesis in scaffolds with surface modification of elastin and poly-L-lysine. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2012;93:85-91 pubmed publisher..Elastin- and poly-L-lysine-grafted polyethylene oxide/chitin/chitosan scaffolds are effective in producing cartilaginous components. ..
- Kuo Y, Cheng S. Brain targeted delivery of carmustine using solid lipid nanoparticles modified with tamoxifen and lactoferrin for antitumor proliferation. Int J Pharm. 2016;499:10-19 pubmed publisher..TX-Lf-BCNU-SLNs can be effective in infiltrating the BBB and delivering BCNU to GBM for future chemotherapy application. ..
- Kuo Y, Kuo C. Electromagnetic interference in the permeability of saquinavir across the blood-brain barrier using nanoparticulate carriers. Int J Pharm. 2008;351:271-81 pubmed..This combination would be beneficial to the clinical application to the therapy of AIDS and other brain-related diseases. ..
- Kuo Y, Chen H. Effect of nanoparticulate polybutylcyanoacrylate and methylmethacrylate-sulfopropylmethacrylate on the permeability of zidovudine and lamivudine across the in vitro blood-brain barrier. Int J Pharm. 2006;327:160-9 pubmed..In the presence of 0.5% ethanol, 4-12% enhancement in the BBB permeability of the two drugs was obtained in the current carrier-mediated system. ..
- Kuo Y, Lin C. Effect of genipin-crosslinked chitin-chitosan scaffolds with hydroxyapatite modifications on the cultivation of bovine knee chondrocytes. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2006;95:132-44 pubmed
- Kuo Y, Liang C. Inhibition of human brain malignant glioblastoma cells using carmustine-loaded catanionic solid lipid nanoparticles with surface anti-epithelial growth factor receptor. Biomaterials. 2011;32:3340-50 pubmed publisher..Anti-EGFR/BCNU-CASLNs demonstrated the properties including an effective delivery to U87MG cells and antiproliferative efficacy against the growth of malignant brain tumors. ..
- Kuo Y, Lee C. Dual targeting of solid lipid nanoparticles grafted with 83-14 MAb and anti-EGF receptor for malignant brain tumor therapy. Life Sci. 2016;146:222-31 pubmed publisher..The conjugation of 8314MAb and AEGFR on ETP-loaded SLNs can be a promising strategy to deliver antitumor ETP to the brain and restrain the propagation of GBM. ..
- Kuo Y, Hsueh C. Neuronal production from induced pluripotent stem cells in self-assembled collagen-hyaluronic acid-alginate microgel scaffolds with grafted GRGDSP/Ln5-P4. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2017;76:760-774 pubmed publisher..Self-assembled microgel comprising COLMA, HAMA, ALGMA, and GRGDSP/Ln5-P4 may be promising in producing mature neural lineage from iPSCs, to provide better treatment for damaged nervous tissue. ..
- Kuo Y, Liu Y, Rajesh R. Pancreatic differentiation of induced pluripotent stem cells in activin A-grafted gelatin-poly(lactide-co-glycolide) nanoparticle scaffolds with induction of LY294002 and retinoic acid. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2017;77:384-393 pubmed publisher..The use of activin A-grafted gelatin-PLGA NP scaffolds induced by LY294002 and RA can be a promising approach to developing pancreatic islet cells from iPSCs. ..
- Kuo Y, Rajesh R. Nerve growth factor-loaded heparinized cationic solid lipid nanoparticles for regulating membrane charge of induced pluripotent stem cells during differentiation. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2017;77:680-689 pubmed publisher..NGF-loaded HCSLNs with EQ 1 had higher viability of iPSCs than NGF-loaded HCSLNs with SA. NGF-loaded HCSLNs with EQ 1 may be promising formulation to regulate the membrane charge of iPSCs during neuronal differentiation. ..
- Kuo Y, Rajesh R. Targeted delivery of rosmarinic acid across the blood-brain barrier for neuronal rescue using polyacrylamide-chitosan-poly(lactide-co-glycolide) nanoparticles with surface cross-reacting material 197 and apolipoprotein E. Int J Pharm. 2017;528:228-241 pubmed publisher..Thus, CRM197-ApoE-RA-PAAM-CH-PLGA NPs can be a promising formulation to deliver RA to A?-insulted neurons in the pharmacotherapy of Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Kuo Y. Loading efficiency of stavudine on polybutylcyanoacrylate and methylmethacrylate-sulfopropylmethacrylate copolymer nanoparticles. Int J Pharm. 2005;290:161-72 pubmed..These outcomes imply that for oral administration, D4T-loaded MMA-SPM NPs may be more advantageous than D4T-loaded PBCA NPs, and D4T-loaded PBCA NPs may be more favorable than D4T-loaded MMA-SPM NPs for intravenous injection...
- Kuo Y, Chung C. Solid lipid nanoparticles comprising internal Compritol 888 ATO, tripalmitin and cacao butter for encapsulating and releasing stavudine, delavirdine and saquinavir. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2011;88:682-90 pubmed publisher..The order of drug in the cumulative release percentage was D4T>DLV>SQV. SLNs containing Compritol 888 ATO, tripalmitin, and cacao butter are efficient in carrying antiretroviral agents for medicinal application...