Shih Ming Huang
Affiliation: National Cheng Kung University
- Protective effect of intraoperative nerve monitoring against recurrent laryngeal nerve injury during re-exploration of the thyroidYu Chuan Chuang
Department of Surgery, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, Tainan 704, Taiwan
World J Surg Oncol 11:94. 2013..The benefit of intraoperative nerve monitoring (IONM) for re-exploration (a second nerve exploration) and reoperation has not been established...
- Do we overtreat post-thyroidectomy hypocalcemia?Shih Ming Huang
Department of General Surgery, College of Medicine and Hospital, National Cheng Kung University, No 138, Sheng Li Road, 704, Tainan, Taiwan, R O C
World J Surg 36:1503-8. 2012..We examined quick-intraoperative intact PTH (QiPTH) assay results to find a suitable treatment for post-thyroidectomy hypocalcemia...
- Neck ultrasound for prediction of right nonrecurrent laryngeal nerveShih Ming Huang
Department of General Surgery, Medical College, National Cheng Kung University, National Cheng Kung University Hospital and Dou liou Branch, Dou Liou City 64043, Taiwan, Republic of China
Head Neck 32:844-9. 2010..Nonrecurrent laryngeal nerve (NRLN) is 1 of the important causes for nerve damage during neck surgery. The anomaly is almost associated with congenital vascular abnormally. Most neck vascular anomalies can be detected by ultrasound...
- Thyroxine effects on serum insulin-like growth factor I levels, anthropometric measures, and body composition in patients after thyroidectomyTa Jen Wu
Department of Internal Medicine, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, Taiwan, Republic of China
Ann Clin Lab Sci 33:423-8. 2003..In conclusion, withdrawal of thyroxine from patients with thyroid cancer was associated with an immediate decrease in serum IGF-I levels. However, lean mass did not respond to the changes in serum IGF-I levels...
- A misdiagnosed Riedel's thyroiditis successfully treated by thyroidectomy and tamoxifenChih Jung Wang
Department of Surgery of Dou liou Branch, National Cheng Kung University Medical College and Hospital, Tainan, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 111:719-23. 2012..Tamoxifen has been given for 8 months and the size of remnant thyroid decreased to 8 mm. We concluded that combined thyroidectomy and tamoxifen successfully cured a patient with Riedel's thyroiditis...