Shan Hui Hsu
Affiliation: National Taiwan University
- Hsu S, Huang G, Lin S, Feng F, Ho T, Liao Y. Enhanced chondrogenic differentiation potential of human gingival fibroblasts by spheroid formation on chitosan membranes. Tissue Eng Part A. 2012;18:67-79 pubmed publisher..These changes may contribute to the enhanced chondrogenic differentiation potential of HGF on chitosan. ..
- Huang N, Ji Q, Yamazaki T, Nakanishi W, Hanagata N, Ariga K, et al. Gene transfer on inorganic/organic hybrid silica nanosheets. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015;17:25455-62 pubmed publisher..Future efforts may focus on combining the inorganic/organic hybrid nanosheets with soft substrates for in situ transfection. ..
- Hsieh F, Han H, Chen X, Yang C, Wei Y, Hsu S. Non-viral delivery of an optogenetic tool into cells with self-healing hydrogel. Biomaterials. 2018;174:31-40 pubmed publisher..This novel optogenetic method combining 3D injectable self-healing hydrogel offers potential temporal-spatial approaches to treat neurodegenerative diseases in the future. ..
- Tsai M, Hung K, Hung S, Hsu S. Evaluation of biodegradable elastic scaffolds made of anionic polyurethane for cartilage tissue engineering. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2015;125:34-44 pubmed publisher..Based on the favorable hydrophilicity, elasticity, and regeneration capacities, the novel biodegradable PU scaffolds may be superior to the conventional biodegradable scaffolds in cartilage tissue engineering applications. ..
- Tseng T, Hsieh F, Hsu S. Increased cell survival of cells exposed to superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles through biomaterial substrate-induced autophagy. Biomater Sci. 2016;4:670-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, chitosan as a culture substrate can induce cell autophagy to increase cell survival in particular for NP-labeled cells. This will be valuable for the biomedical application of NPs in cell therapy. ..
- Ho L, Hsu S. Cell reprogramming by 3D bioprinting of human fibroblasts in polyurethane hydrogel for fabrication of neural-like constructs. Acta Biomater. 2018;70:57-70 pubmed publisher..The neural-like tissue engineering constructs fabricated by 3D bioprinting from human fibroblasts may be applied for neuroregeneration or further developed as mini-brain for basic research and drug screening. ..
- Han H, Hsu S. Chitosan-hyaluronan based 3D co-culture platform for studying the crosstalk of lung cancer cells and mesenchymal stem cells. Acta Biomater. 2016;42:157-167 pubmed publisher..Therefore, CS-HA based 3D co-culture platform can be applied to exploration of the relationship between cancer cells and MSCs and other cancer-related medical applications such as drug screening. ..
- Hung K, Tseng C, Dai L, Hsu S. Water-based polyurethane 3D printed scaffolds with controlled release function for customized cartilage tissue engineering. Biomaterials. 2016;83:156-68 pubmed publisher..We consider that the 3D printing composite scaffolds with controlled release bioactivity may have potential in customized tissue engineering. ..
- Hsu S, Huang T, Cheng S, Weng S, Tsai C, Tseng C, et al. Chondrogenesis from human placenta-derived mesenchymal stem cells in three-dimensional scaffolds for cartilage tissue engineering. Tissue Eng Part A. 2011;17:1549-60 pubmed publisher..This study also suggested that hPMSCs, when grown in a suitable scaffold, may be a good source of stem cells for building up the tissue-engineered cartilage. ..
- Wu G, Hsu S. Synthesis of water-based cationic polyurethane for antibacterial and gene delivery applications. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2016;146:825-32 pubmed publisher..The transfection efficiency for HEK293T cells and hBMSCs was ?60% and ?30% at 48h, respectively, after the transfection. Therefore, the WCPU synthesized in this study has potential antibacterial and gene delivery applications. ..
- Jarockyte G, Daugelaite E, Stasys M, Statkutė U, Poderys V, Tseng T, et al. Accumulation and Toxicity of Superparamagnetic Iron Oxide Nanoparticles in Cells and Experimental Animals. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..Therefore, they could be used as a dual imaging agent: as contrast agents for MRI and for traditional optical biopsy by using Prussian Blue staining. ..
- Yeh H, Liu B, Sieber M, Hsu S. Substrate-dependent gene regulation of self-assembled human MSC spheroids on chitosan membranes. BMC Genomics. 2014;15:10 pubmed publisher..Based on the study, the culture substrates used to prepare 3D MSC spheroids may predefine their properties through cell-substrate interaction. ..
- Tseng T, Hsieh F, Dai N, Hsu S. Substrate-mediated reprogramming of human fibroblasts into neural crest stem-like cells and their applications in neural repair. Biomaterials. 2016;102:148-61 pubmed publisher..Particularly, the FOXD3 reprogrammed fibroblasts hold promise as an easily accessible cellular source with neural crest stem-like behavior for treating neural diseases in the future. ..
- Huang Y, Hung K, Hsieh F, Hsu S. Carboxyl-functionalized polyurethane nanoparticles with immunosuppressive properties as a new type of anti-inflammatory platform. Nanoscale. 2015;7:20352-64 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that NP surface chemistry may regulate the immune response, which provides a new paradigm for potential applications of NPs in anti-inflammation and immunomodulation. ..
- Hsu S, Huang S, Wang Y, Kuo Y. Novel nanostructured biodegradable polymer matrices fabricated by phase separation techniques for tissue regeneration. Acta Biomater. 2013;9:6915-27 pubmed publisher..Antimicrobial nanofibers were further obtained by plasma-assisted coating of chitosan on PLA nanofibers. This study reveals a platform for fabricating novel biodegradable nanofibrous architecture, with potential in tissue regeneration...
- Hsu S, Tseng H, Hung H, Wang M, Hung C, Li P, et al. Antimicrobial activities and cellular responses to natural silicate clays and derivatives modified by cationic alkylamine salts. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2009;1:2556-64 pubmed publisher..This study helped to understand the antibacterial potential of NSP and the interaction of natural and modified clays with cellular activities...
- Tseng T, Hsieh F, Theato P, Wei Y, Hsu S. Glucose-sensitive self-healing hydrogel as sacrificial materials to fabricate vascularized constructs. Biomaterials. 2017;133:20-28 pubmed publisher..The novel sacrificial materials can create complicated but easily removable structure for building a vascularized tissue construct particularly a neurovascular unit. ..
- Tang C, Tian Y, Hsu S. Poly(vinyl alcohol) Nanocomposites Reinforced with Bamboo Charcoal Nanoparticles: Mineralization Behavior and Characterization. Materials (Basel). 2015;8:4895-4911 pubmed publisher..The PVA/BCNP composite hydrogels may have potential applications in alveolar bone regeneration. ..
- Hsieh F, Shrestha L, Ariga K, Hsu S. Neural differentiation on aligned fullerene C60 nanowhiskers. Chem Commun (Camb). 2017;53:11024-11027 pubmed publisher..Neural stem cells on the aligned C60 NWs are oriented and have a high capacity to differentiate into mature neurons. The aligned C60 NWs can serve as a functional scaffold for neural tissue engineering. ..
- Wong C, Chen Y, Chien C, Yu T, Rwei S, Hsu S. A simple and efficient feeder-free culture system to up-scale iPSCs on polymeric material surface for use in 3D bioprinting. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2018;82:69-79 pubmed publisher..The combination of these steps could offer a new possibility for future applications of iPSC-based 3D bioprinting in tissue engineering. ..
- Hsu S, Tseng H, Lin Y. The biocompatibility and antibacterial properties of waterborne polyurethane-silver nanocomposites. Biomaterials. 2010;31:6796-808 pubmed publisher..The dispersion of nano Ag was highly associated with the overall performance...