Genomes and Genes
H C Chen
Affiliation: National Chung Hsing University
- FAK is required for the assembly of podosome rosettesYi Ru Pan
Department of Life Sciences, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung 402, Taiwan
J Cell Biol 195:113-29. 2011..Collectively, our results strongly suggest a link between FAK, podosome rosettes, and tumor invasion and unveil a negative role for Rho signaling and vimentin filaments in podosome rosette assembly...
- Involvement of lipid rafts in adhesion-induced activation of Met and EGFRYing Che Lu
Graduate Institute of Biomedical Sciences, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Biomed Sci 18:78. 2011..Cell adhesion has been shown to induce activation of certain growth factor receptors in a ligand-independent manner. However, the mechanism for such activation remains obscure...
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of focal adhesion kinase stimulated by hepatocyte growth factor leads to mitogen-activated protein kinase activationH C Chen
Department of Zoology, College of Agriculture, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Biol Chem 273:25777-82. 1998....
- Effect of calcium channel antagonist diltiazem and calcium ionophore A23187 on cyclosporine A-induced apoptosis of renal tubular cellsChi Hung Cheng
Section of Nephrology, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
FEBS Lett 516:191-6. 2002..Instead, it enhances the toxicity of CsA to renal tubular cells. In addition, our findings raise a possibility that the intracellular calcium level and the AKT pathway may participate in the regulation of CsA cytotoxicity...
- Phosphorylation of focal adhesion kinase on tyrosine 194 by Met leads to its activation through relief of autoinhibitionT H Chen
Department of Life Science, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan
Oncogene 30:153-66. 2011..Collectively, this study provides the first example to explain how FAK is activated by receptor tyrosine kinases...
- Involvement of focal adhesion kinase in hepatocyte growth factor-induced scatter of Madin-Darby canine kidney cellsJ F Lai
Department of Zoology, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung 40227, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 275:7474-80. 2000..Taken together, our results suggest a link between HGF-increased integrin expression, FAK activation, and enhanced cell motility and implicate a role for FAK in the facilitation of growth factor-induced cell motility...
- Advanced glycation end product-induced proliferation in NRK-49F cells is dependent on the JAK2/STAT5 pathway and cyclin D1J Y Guh
Department of Internal Medicine and School of Technology for Medical Science, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Am J Kidney Dis 38:1096-104. 2001..We concluded that AGE induced cell-cycle-dependent cellular proliferation by inducing the JAK2-STAT5-cyclin D1 and cdk4 pathways in NRK-49F cells...
- Differential phosphorylation of the docking protein Gab1 by c-Src and the hepatocyte growth factor receptor regulates different aspects of cell functionsP C Chan
Department of Life Science, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan
Oncogene 29:698-710. 2010....
- Sustained activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase stimulated by hepatocyte growth factor leads to integrin alpha 2 expression that is involved in cell scatteringC C Liang
Department of Zoology, College of Life Sciences, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung 40227, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Biol Chem 276:21146-52. 2001....
- Histopathological alterations in gills of white shrimp, Litopenaeus vannamei (Boone) after acute exposure to cadmium and zincJ P Wu
Division of Environmental Health and Occupational Medicine, National Health Research Institutes, Zhunan 106, Taiwan, Republic of China
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 82:90-5. 2009..vannamei were estimated. Furthermore, we also demonstrated that acute exposure to high concentrations of Cd and Zn resulted in morphological alterations in gills of L. vannamei in this present study...
- Insulin and heparin suppress superoxide production in diabetic rat glomeruli stimulated with low-density lipoproteinH C Chen
Division of Nephrology and Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Kidney Int Suppl 78:S124-7. 2001..Our results suggest that glomerular injury in diabetics with hyperlipidemia may be mediated through enhanced generation of oxygen-free radicals, which can be partially attenuated by insulin and heparin...
- Differential effects of circulating IgA isolated from patients with IgA nephropathy on superoxide and fibronectin production of mesangial cellsH C Chen
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Nephron 88:211-7. 2001....
- Persistent hyperendemicity of hepatitis C virus infection in Taiwan: the important role of iatrogenic risk factorsC A Sun
School of Public Health, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Med Virol 65:30-4. 2001..4-7.1), respectively. The data indicate that the basis for HCV transmission has already been existed in study areas and the iatrogenic risk factor tended to be the major determinant for sustaining persistent endemicity within a community...
- Role of receptor for advanced glycation end-product (RAGE) and the JAK/STAT-signaling pathway in AGE-induced collagen production in NRK-49F cellsJ S Huang
Department of Biochemistry, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung 80708, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Cell Biochem 81:102-13. 2001..Furthermore, captopril was found to reverse AGE-induced collagen production, probably by attenuating RAGE expression and JAK2-STAT1/STAT3 activities...
- Acute pancreatitis following antilymphocyte globulin therapy in a renal transplant recipientW C Lee
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Clin Nephrol 65:144-6. 2006..Resumption of ALG therapy triggered another episode of acute pancreatitis. Therefore, the clinical course strongly suggests that ALG was the etiological factor of acute pancreatitis in this particular patient...
- Long-term reno-cardiovascular effects of orally administered aconiti tuber in humansH C Chen
Department of Internal Medicine, China Medical College and Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Am J Chin Med 18:25-33. 1990..The renal function test results could be interpreted as secondary to hemodynamic changes. We conclude that specially prepared Aconiti Tuber may be a promising cardiotonic agent...
- MicroRNA deregulation and pathway alterations in nasopharyngeal carcinomaH C Chen
Genomic Core Laboratory, Molecular Medicine Research Center, Chang Gung University, Taiwan, Republic of China
Br J Cancer 100:1002-11. 2009..These results indicate that these downregulated miRNAs coordinately regulate several oncogenic pathways in NPC...
- Effects of cadmium and zinc on the growth, food consumption, and nutritional conditions of the white shrimp, Litopenaeus vannamei (Boone)J P Wu
Institute of Zoology, National Taiwan University, Taipei 106, Taiwan, Republic of China
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 74:234-41. 2005
- Identification of yeasts and evaluation of their distribution in Taiwanese Kefir and Viili startersS Y Wang
Experimental Farm, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Dairy Sci 91:3798-805. 2008..Sequences of yeast isolates reported in this study have been deposited in the GenBank database under accession nos. DQ139802, AF398485, DQ377652, and AY007920...
- Molecular cloning and expression of a full-length complementary DNA encoding the guinea pig adrenocortical estrogen sulfotransferaseT Oeda
Section on Adrenal Cell Biology, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Mol Endocrinol 6:1216-26. 1992..Primer extension analysis revealed that the multiple mRNAs do not arise from differential transcription initiation sites, and genomic Southern blot analysis indicated that the multiple mRNAs arise from a single gene...
- Cloning and promoter mapping of mouse kappa opioid receptor geneH C Liu
Department of Pharmacology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 209:639-47. 1995..Based upon Northern blot analysis, KOR transcript is estimated to be approximately 6 kb in length...
- Characterization of a 7.5-kDa protein kinase C substrate (RC3 protein, neurogranin) from rat brainK P Huang
Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Arch Biochem Biophys 305:570-80. 1993..In rat brain homogenate, RC3 formed a stable complex with CaM in the presence of Ca2+, as demonstrated by immunoblot analysis following gel filtration chromatography.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..
- Role of alpha(3)beta(1) integrin in tubulogenesis of Madin-Darby canine kidney cellsS T Jiang
Department of Physiology, National Cheng Kung University Medical College, Tainan, Taiwan
Kidney Int 59:1770-8. 2001..CONCLUSION: Our data indicate that expression of alpha(3)beta(1) integrin regulates cell scattering, migration, and branching tubulogenesis of MDCK cells, possibly via adhesion to or serving as a signaling molecule for type I collagen...
- Aloe-emodin induced in vitro G2/M arrest of cell cycle in human promyelocytic leukemia HL-60 cellsH C Chen
Department of Pharmcology, China Medical University, 91 Hsueh Shih Road, Taichung 404, Taiwan, ROC
Food Chem Toxicol 42:1251-7. 2004..Taken together, aloe-emodin therefore appears to exert its anticarcinogenesis properties by inhibiting proliferation and inducing cell cycle arrest and apoptosis underwent activation of caspase-3 in human leukemia HL-60 cells...
- The phosphorylation and DNA binding of the DNA-binding domain of the orphan nuclear receptor NGFI-BY Hirata
Section on Growth Factors, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Biol Chem 268:24808-12. 1993..These findings demonstrate that phosphorylation of a nuclear receptor DBD results in a change in DNA binding and provides another potential mechanism for regulating NGFI-B activity...
- mu-Opioid receptor gene expression: the role of NCAMH C Chen
Department of Pharmacology, University of Minnesota, 6-120 Jackson Hall, 321 Church Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455-0217, USA
Neuroscience 108:7-15. 2001..Our results indicate that the P19 system is an useful model to study the expression of the mu-opioid receptor gene...
- Protein kinase C-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation of paxillin and focal adhesion kinase requires cytoskeletal integrity and is uncoupled to mitogen-activated protein kinase activation in human hepatoma cellsL C Tu
Institute of Biochemistry, National Yang-Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Biomed Sci 8:184-90. 2001....
- Characterization of a HeLa cDNA clone encoding the human SII protein, an elongation factor for RNA polymerase IIH C Chen
Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of California, Berkeley 94720
Gene 116:253-8. 1992..A comparison of deduced amino acid sequences for SII-related proteins from a variety of eukaryotes demonstrates very high similarity, especially within the C-terminal domain...