Genomes and Genes
Mackay Memorial Hospital
Organization: Mackay Memorial Hospital
- Primary hyperparathyroidism in Taiwan: clinical features and prevalence in a single-center experienceHan Hsiang Chen
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei City, Taiwan, ROC
Endocrine 37:373-8. 2010..In Taiwan, PHPT remains underdiagnosed, and complications manifest in most patients upon admission. Although still relatively uncommon, screening serum calcium levels helps diagnose PHPT at an asymptomatic stage...
- Analysis of disease-associated ND4 mutations: how do we know which mutation is pathogenic?Chin Yuan Tzen
Department of Pathology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Mitochondrion 7:151-6. 2007..The MCI classification appears to be the best one among the three systems. This study demonstrates that evolutional analysis can serve as a rapid evaluation for the pathogenicity of mtDNA replacement mutations...
- Perioperative vasovagal syncope with focus on obstetric anesthesiaPei Shan Tsai
Department of Anesthesiology, Hsinchu Mackay Memorial Hospital, Hsinchu, Taiwan
Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol 45:208-14. 2006..Epinephrine must be used early in established cardiac arrest, especially after high regional anesthesia...
- Use of a PCR-based amplification analysis as a substitute for the Southern blot method to determine the C4A and C4B genesHsien Hsiung Lee
Department of Medical Research, Mackay Memorial Hospital, No 45 Min Sheng Road, Tanshui, Taipei County 251, Taiwan
J Immunol Methods 317:126-31. 2006..5 and 49%, respectively in this ethnic Chinese (Taiwanese) cohort. Since no radiolabelling application is involved, the protocol is reliable as a substitute for the Southern blot method for C4A and C4B determination...
- Pulsed electromagnetic fields accelerate apoptotic rate in osteoclastsKyle Chang
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Chung Yuan Christian University, Chung Li, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Connect Tissue Res 47:222-8. 2006..This in vitro study, therefore, could be considered as groundwork for in vivo PEMF applications on some osteoclasts-associated bone diseases such as osteoporosis...
- SSLP-1, a secreted Ly-6 protein purified from mouse seminal vesicle fluidSheng Hsiang Li
Department of Medical Research, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Tamshui 251, Taiwan, ROC
Reproduction 132:493-500. 2006..The tissue-specific expression pattern suggests that SSLP-1 may play a physiological role in male mouse reproduction...
- Identification of the size and antigenic determinants of the human C4 gene by a polymerase chain-reaction-based amplification methodHsien Hsiung Lee
Department of Medical Research, Mackay Memorial Hospital, No 45 Min Sheng Road, Tanshui, Taipei Co 251, Taiwan
Anal Biochem 357:122-7. 2006..This result was consistent with that of the Southern blot analysis. The PCR method is practical for identifying the C4 genotype and can be used to detect other polymorphisms among variants of C4 genes...
- Ureteral carcinoid tumorTe An Lee
Department of Urology, Hsinchu Mackay Memorial Hospital, Hsinchu, Taiwan
Int J Urol 13:824-6. 2006..Neuroendocrine tumors of the genitourinary tract are extremely rare. To our knowledge, only one ureteral carcinoid tumor has been reported before. We report a second case of ureteral carcinoid tumor found in a 70-year-old female...
- Images in cardiovascular medicine. Unclassified type of aortopulmonary windowMing-Ren Chen
Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Mackay Medicine, Nursing, and Management College, Taipei, Taiwan
Circulation 113:e703-4. 2006
- Detection of mycobacteria in Crohn's disease by a broad spectrum polymerase chain reactionChi Yuan Tzen
Department of Pathology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, National Taipei College of Nursing, and Mackay Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 105:290-8. 2006..We developed primer pairs capable of detecting a broad spectrum of mycobacterium and employed them to investigate surgical specimens from patients with Crohn's disease...
- Comparison of holding power of metal and absorbable hemostatic clipsTzu Chi Hsu
Colon and Rectal Surgery, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Department of Surgery, Taipei Medical University, 92, Section 2, Chung San North Rd, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Surg 191:68-71. 2006..The aim of this study was to test the holding strength of the metal hemoclips and Absolak clips and the amount of pressure that will cause slippage of the 2 types of clips...
- Negative effect of heat sterilization on the free amino acid concentrations in infant formulaC Y Yeung
Division of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Department of Pediatrics, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Eur J Clin Nutr 60:136-41. 2006..Autoclaving clearly results in decreased concentrations of FAA in infant formula. The increased concentration of ammonia after autoclaving is of concern if it leads to deleterious effects...
- Ileocolic free flap reconstruction, concomitant chemotherapy and radiotherapy and assessment of speech and swallowing function during management of advanced cancer of the larynx and hypopharynx: preliminary reportYi Shing Leu
The Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Acta Otolaryngol 125:642-6. 2005..The new technique of ileocolic free flap reconstruction provides a better quality of life in terms of swallowing and speech for patients who have undergone laryngopharyngectomy with concomitant chemotherapy and radiotherapy (CCRT)...
- Non-typhi Salmonella adrenal abscess in an HIV-infected patientPao Tsuan Kao
Division of Infectious Disease, Department of Medicine, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Scand J Infect Dis 37:370-2. 2005..Focal salmonellosis is common in haemoglobinopathy but unusual in thalassaemia minor. This patient was diagnosed by computed tomography (CT) guided aspiration and successfully treated with ciprofloxacin...
- ND4 mutation in transitional cell carcinoma: Does mitochondrial mutation occur before tumorigenesis?Chin Yuan Tzen
Department of Pathology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Mitochondrion 7:273-8. 2007..The result suggests that mtDNA mutation occurs before tumorigenesis and become apparent in cancer cells...
- New histologic findings in idiopathic mesenteric phlebosclerosis: clues to its pathogenesis and etiology--probably ingested toxic agent-relatedKuo Ming Chang
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Hsinchu Mackay Memorial Hospital, Hsinchu, Taiwan, R O C
J Chin Med Assoc 70:227-35. 2007..The aim of this brief study was to propose a pathogenesis and possible etiology based on the reviewed clinical data and some newly discovered pathologic findings in several recent cases in our and other hospitals...
- Cloning of genes expressed in cell quiescence: a new function of the ras-recision/lysyl oxidase geneChin Yuan Tzen
Department of Pathology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, No 45, Min Sheng Road, Tam Shui, Taipei 251, Taiwan, Republic of China
Chin J Physiol 50:57-62. 2007....
- Membrane potential depolarization as a triggering mechanism for Vpu-mediated HIV-1 releaseKate Hsu
Department of Medical Research, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Tamsui, Taiwan
Biophys J 99:1718-25. 2010..Our findings identify the trigger of Vpu-mediated release as a manifestation of the general principle of depolarization-stimulated exocytosis...
- High prevalence rate of multidrug resistance among nosocomial pathogens in the respiratory care center of a tertiary hospitalChun Ming Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Microbiol Immunol Infect 42:401-4. 2009..Nosocomial infections occur at a high rate in ICUs, but there have been few studies of nosocomial infections in RCCs in Taiwan...
- Voice and swallowing after laryngopharyngectomy and free ileocolic flap reconstruction for hypopharyngeal cancerHung Tao Hsiao
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Surgery, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Ann Plast Surg 62:390-4. 2009..Although this modified technique yielded good initial results, both voice and swallowing deteriorated after concurrent chemoradiotherapy, possibly because of radiation injury to the transferred bowel...
- Abnormally low expression of connexin 37 and connexin 43 in subcutaneously transplanted cryopreserved mouse ovarian tissueRobert Kuo Kuang Lee
Department of Medical Research, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Assist Reprod Genet 25:489-97. 2008..To analyze the gap junction proteins connexin 37 (Cx37) and connexin 43 (Cx43) after subcutaneous transplantation of cryopreserved mouse ovarian tissue...
- Refractory focal seizures with progressive weakness in the right limbs. Rasmussen encephalitisAlan Kwok-Kuen Pang
Department of Radiology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taitung, Taiwan
Am Fam Physician 78:761-2. 2008
- Effects of percutaneous ethanol injection therapy on subsequent parathyroidectomyHan Hsiang Chen
Department of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Surg 196:155-9. 2008..Although percutaneous ethanol injection therapy (PEIT) is an alternative to surgery for patients with secondary or tertiary hyperparathyroidism, it also has been conjectured to make subsequent parathyroidectomy more difficult...
- Cross-generation and cross-laboratory predictions of Affymetrix microarrays by rank-based methodsHsi Che Liu
Department of Pediatrics, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Biomed Inform 41:570-9. 2008..In addition, we discuss some pitfalls in evaluating cross-generation/laboratory predictions. To use data from various sources one must be cautious on some important but easily neglected steps...
- Neonatal subgaleal hemorrhage: clinical presentation, treatment, and predictors of poor prognosisHung Yang Chang
Department of Pediatrics, Hsinchu Mackay Memorial Hospital, Hsinchu City, Taiwan
Pediatr Int 49:903-7. 2007..The objective of the present retrospective study was to clarify the clinical presentation, management, and factors associated with morbidity and mortality...
- Obesity and changes in body weight related to 10-year diabetes incidence in women in TaiwanLee Ching Hwang
Department of Family Medicine, Mackay Memorial Hospital, 92, Section 2, Chungshan North Road, Taipei, Taiwan
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 16:677-82. 2007..This study indicated that obesity at young adult and weight gain appreciably increase risk for type 2 diabetes. Maintaining a lean weight throughout adulthood seems to be beneficial in the primary prevention of type 2 diabetes...
- Inhibition of cell motility by troglitazone in human ovarian carcinoma cell lineYuh Cheng Yang
Mackay Medicine, Nursing and Management College, Taipei, Taiwan
BMC Cancer 7:216. 2007..Troglitazone (TGZ) is a potential anticancer agent. Little is known about the effect of this agent on cancer cell migration...
- Trafficking of multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells from maternal circulation through the placenta involves vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 and integrinsChie Pein Chen
Division of High Risk Pregnancy, Mackay Memorial Hospital, 92 Sec 2 Chung San North Road, Taipei 104, Taiwan
Stem Cells 26:550-61. 2008..These results suggest that maternal microchimerism arises by the trafficking of multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells via VEGF-A- and integrin-dependent pathways across the hemochorial placenta to fetal tissues...
- Images in clinical medicine. Taenia in the gastrointestinal tractWen-Shen Liao
Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taitung, 950 Taiwan
N Engl J Med 357:1028. 2007
- Bilateral neuralgic amyotrophy presenting with left vocal cord and phrenic nerve paralysisYi Min Chen
Department of Neurology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 106:680-4. 2007....
- Effect of treatment by laser-assisted uvulopalatoplasty on cardiopulmonary exercise test in obstructive sleep apnea syndromeChing Chi Lin
Chest Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 133:55-61. 2005..To evaluate the effects of successful laser-assisted uvulopalatoplasty (LAUP) on cardiopulmonary exercise testing (CPET) in patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS)...
- Radiological evaluation of bone growth in neonates born at gestational ages between 26 and 41 weeks: cross-sectional studyShin Lin Shih
Department of Radiology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan Department of Radiology, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
Early Hum Dev 81:683-8. 2005..However, the ratio of femur to body length in males increased after 36 weeks. The ratio of humerus to body length remained constant over the entire range of GA...
- Polymorphism of the MICA gene and risk for oral submucous fibrosisChung Ji Liu
Departments of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Taipei Mackay Memorial Hospital, School of Dentistry, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Oral Pathol Med 33:1-6. 2004..The MICA gene has a triplet repeat (GCT) polymorphism in the transmembrane domain resulting in five distinct allelic patterns...
- Clinical predictors of severe gallbladder complications in acute acalculous cholecystitisAy Jiun Wang
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:2821-3. 2003..To evaluate the relationship between clinical information (including age, laboratory data, and sonographic findings) and severe complications, such as gangrene, perforation, or abscess, in patients with acute acalculous cholecystitis (AAC)...
- Hemarthrosis associated with failure of a mobile meniscal-bearing total knee arthroplasty. A case reportChun-Hsiung Huang
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Mackay Memorial Hospital, No. 92, Sec. 2, Chung-San North Road, Taipei, Taiwan
J Bone Joint Surg Am 85:2445-8. 2003
- Transcatheter arterial embolization treatment in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma and risk of pulmonary metastasisShee Chan Lin
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Mackay Memorial Hospital 92, Sec 2, Chung San North Road, Taipei, Taiwan, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:1208-11. 2003..To investigate the relationship between transcatheter arterial embolization (TAE) and pulmonary metastasis in subjects with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Sequential changes in serum triglyceride levels during adjuvant tamoxifen therapy in breast cancer patients and the effect of dose reductionChien Liang Liu
Department of General Surgery, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Breast Cancer Res Treat 79:11-6. 2003..This study suggests that reducing TAM from 10 mg twice daily to 10 mg once daily decreases the marked hypertriglyceridemia that occurs in some patients during TAM treatment...
- Osteolysis in failed total knee arthroplasty: a comparison of mobile-bearing and fixed-bearing kneesChun Hsiung Huang
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Bone Joint Surg Am 84:2224-9. 2002..The purpose of this study was to compare the prevalence of osteolysis after failed total knee arthroplasty with a mobile-bearing prosthesis and after failed arthroplasty with a fixed-bearing prosthesis...
- MPS screening methods, the Berry spot and acid turbidity tests, cause a high incidence of false-negative results in sanfilippo and morquio syndromesChang Chih-Kuang
Division of Genetics and Metabolism, Department of Medical Research, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Clin Lab Anal 16:253-8. 2002..For accurate diagnosis and confirmation of MPS, the 2D-EP method and enzymatic assay are recommended. They provide high sensitivity, specificity, and efficiency in diagnosing MPS...
- Decreased vascularization and cell proliferation in placentas of intrauterine growth-restricted fetuses with abnormal umbilical artery flow velocity waveformsChie Pein Chen
Division of High Risk Pregnancy, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Obstet Gynecol 187:764-9. 2002..The purpose of this study was to compare the morphologic features of placentas in severe intrauterine fetal growth restriction with abnormal umbilical artery blood flow velocity waveforms and normal gestation...
- Possible cofactor in cervical carcinogenesis: proliferation index of the transformation zone in cervicitisY C Yang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, 92, Section 2, Chung Shan North Road, Taipei 104, Taiwan, R O C
Chang Gung Med J 24:615-20. 2001..The results may help to explain the role of chronic inflammation as a possible cofactor of cervical carcinogenesis...
- Adult isolated hypoplasia of left pulmonary artery with exertional angina and abnormal exercise stress test: a case report and treatment implicationY J Wu
Department of Internal Medicine, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Med Sci 322:113-8. 2001..Additional oxygen supply after nitroglycerin administration further benefited exertional hypoxemia (arterial oxygen saturation, 96%) and exercise ST depression (attenuated by 82%)...
- Invasive pneumococcal infection in childrenC H Yu
Department of Pediatrics, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 32:126-31. 2001..Since invasive pneumococcal infections in children may have a poor prognosis and penicillin-resistant strains have become increasingly common, early and adequate antibiotic therapy should be given as soon as possible...
- Sequence polymorphism in the coding region of mitochondrial genome encompassing position 8389-8865C Y Tzen
Department of Pathology and Medical Research, Mackay Memorial Hospital, School of Medical Technology, Taipei Medical College, 45 Minsheng Road, Tamshui, Taipei, Taiwan
Forensic Sci Int 120:204-9. 2001..1265 and 0.8809, respectively. The results suggest that sequence polymorphism from position 8389-8865 in human mtDNA can be used as a marker for identity investigation...
- The promoter region of the CTLA4 gene is associated with type 1 diabetes mellitusY J Lee
Department of Pediatrics, Medical Research, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 14:383-8. 2001..0051). This study demonstrates that nucleotide -318 C-T polymorphism of the CTLA4 gene is associated with type 1 DM. The promoter allele -318 C confers a risk of type 1 DM but allele -318 T confers protection against this disease...
- Cloning of murine early quiescence-1 gene: the murine counterpart of dermatopontin gene can induce and be induced by cell quiescenceChin Yuan Tzen
Department of Pathology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan Department of Medical Research, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Exp Cell Res 294:30-8. 2004..These results suggest that the cell quiescence-induced EQ-1 gene can induce cell quiescence, implicating a self-driven mechanism of antiproliferation...
- Salvage therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma with thalidomideTsang En Wang
Gastroenterology Section, Department of Internal Medicine, Mackay Memorial Hospital and Mackay Junior College of Nursing, No 92 Section 2 Chang San North Road, Taipei, Taiwan, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:649-53. 2004..To evaluate the clinical benefit of thalidomide in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (hepatoma)...
- A new method for correction of inverted nipple with three periductal dermofibrous flapsWen Chen Huang
Plastic Department, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Aesthetic Plast Surg 27:301-4. 2003..We have corrected 46 nipples of 25 patients with this method successfully since 1996. This method can be applied to all types of inverted nipple without significant complications...
- Feasibility of colectomy with mini-incisionTzu Chi Hsu
Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Department of Surgery, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Surg 190:48-50. 2005..One advantage claimed by laparoscopy is its smaller incision size. The aim of the present study is to evaluate whether mini-incision is feasible along with the advantage of adequate exploration of the peritoneal cavity...
- Evolutional analysis in determining pathogenic versus nonpathogenic mutations of ATPase 6 in human mitochondriopathyChin Yuan Tzen
Department of Pathology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, 45, Minsheng Road, Tamshui, Taipei 251, Taiwan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1042:19-24. 2005..coli. They were probably pathogenic if mutated. The classification proposed in this study may, therefore, provide an algorithm for a diagnostic approach when a newly identified change of ATPase 6 is suspected for human mitochondriopathy...
- Treatment of pan-drug resistant Acinetobacter baumanniiChun Ming Lee
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Scand J Infect Dis 37:195-9. 2005..It may be that aggressive, early treatment of A. baumannii infections with these agents might prevent the emergence of PDRAB strains...
- Blastocyst development after cryopreservation and subcutaneous transplantation of mouse ovarian tissueRobert Kuo Kuang Lee
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei 10449, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Assist Reprod Genet 22:95-101. 2005..To investigate follicle survival and developmental potential with IVF of cryopreserved, subcutaneously transplanted mouse ovarian tissue...
- Novel missense mutations, GCC [Ala306]- > GTC [Val] and ACG [Thr318]- > CCG [Pro], in the CYP11B1 gene cause steroid 11beta-hydroxylase deficiency in the ChineseHsien Hsiung Lee
Department of Medical Research, Mackay Memorial Hospital, 45 Min Sheng Road, Tanshui, Taipei 251, Taiwan
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 62:418-22. 2005..Steroid 11beta-hydroxylase (CYP11B1) deficiency, an autosomal recessive inherited disease, accounts for 5-8% of congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH). It is mainly caused by mutations of nucleotide substitutions in the coding region...
- Practical effects of educating nurses on the Natural Death ActLi Yun Tsai
Department of Nursing, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Support Care Cancer 13:232-8. 2005..The aim of this study was to investigate a nursing staff's knowledge of the Natural Death Act before and after an educational intervention...
- Cardiovascular changes in mucopolysaccharidoses in TaiwanMing Ren Chen
Division of Cardiology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Mackay Medicine, Nursing and Management College, Taipei, Taiwan
Acta Cardiol 60:51-3. 2005..In at least 3 of these patients, death was related to cardiopulmonary failure. As MPS patients are surviving longer, complete cardiac evaluation at regular intervals is mandatory and should be part of their routine assessment...
- Diversity of the CYP21P-like gene in CYP21 deficiencyHsien Hsiung Lee
King Car Food Industrial Co, Yuan Shan Research Institute, Taiwan, Republic of China
DNA Cell Biol 24:1-9. 2005..Most of these gene arrangements probably exist in the C4A-XCYP21-TNXB and C4A-CYP21P/CYP21-TNXB gene loci. The existence of the C4A-CYP21P-TNXA/TNXB locus might not be common in CAH patients with 21-hydroxylase deficiency...
- Effect of treatment by nasal CPAP on cardiopulmonary exercise test in obstructive sleep apnea syndromeChing Chi Lin
Chest Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Department of Medical Research, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Lung 182:199-212. 2004..These abnormalities can be improved after 2 months of nasal CPAP treatment...
- Using children as standardised patients for assessing clinical competence in paediatricsT C Tsai
Department of Pediatrics, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Mackay Medicine, Nursing and Management College, Taiwan, ROC
Arch Dis Child 89:1117-20. 2004..However, in paediatrics, the use of children in such a way has long been questioned with regard to ethics and the examination quality (in terms of validity, reliability, and feasibility)...
- Predicting blood pressure change caused by rapid injection of propofol during anesthesia induction with a logistic regression modelRuey Horng Rau
Department ofAnesthesiology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, R O C
Acta Anaesthesiol Taiwan 42:81-6. 2004..On the other hand, rapid infusion of propofol is painful and may cause hypotension. In this study, we aimed to develop a logistic regression model to accurately predict blood pressure change caused by rapid infusion of propofol...
- Oral airway resistance during wakefulness in eucapnic and hypercapnic sleep apnea syndromeChing Chi Lin
Chest Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Mackay Memorial Hospital, 92, Sec 2, Chung Shan North Road, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 139:215-24. 2004..Secondly, the increased upper airway resistance in the supine position in the eucapnic OSAS patients may contribute to their OSAS...
- Expression of p53 protein and Ki-67 antigen in phyllodes tumor of the breastYu Jan Chan
Department of Pathology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Chin Med Assoc 67:3-8. 2004..In addition to routine morphology, the studies of p53 protein and Ki-67 antigen expression in PT may be useful to differentiate benign from malignant tumors...
- In vitro diffusion of lidocaine across endotracheal tube cuffsC J Huang
Department of Anesthesiology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Can J Anaesth 46:82-6. 1999..The purpose of this study is to determine the effectiveness of warming alkalization or warming with alkalization on diffusion...