Wen Chen Tsai
Affiliation: China Medical University
- Yen S, Kung P, Tsai W. Factors associated with free adult preventive health care utilization among physically disabled people in Taiwan: nationwide population-based study. BMC Health Serv Res. 2014;14:610 pubmed publisher..Governments should use the media to reinforce propagation and education of these services to specific, low-utilization groups, and encourage doctors to actively provide preventive health care to communities. ..
- Yen S, Kung P, Tsai W. The characteristics and relevant factors of Pap smear test use for women with intellectual disabilities in Taiwan. BMC Health Serv Res. 2014;14:240 pubmed publisher..The women with intellectual disabilities had a low use rate of Pap smear test, which is significantly less than the 28.8% usage rate for the general population of women aged 30 years and above. ..
- Yen S, Kung P, Chiu L, Tsai W. Related factors and use of free preventive health services among adults with intellectual disabilities in Taiwan. BMC Health Serv Res. 2014;14:248 pubmed publisher..It is also suggested to conduct media publicity and education to the public and the nursing facilities for the utilization of adult preventive health services. ..
- Liu C, Chen W, Kung P, Chiu C, Wang Y, Shieh S, et al. Characteristics, survival, and related factors of newly diagnosed colorectal cancer patients refusing cancer treatments under a universal health insurance program. BMC Cancer. 2014;14:446 pubmed publisher..An age of 75 years or older, low-income household status, advanced stages of cancer, especially stage IV, were associated with higher risks of death for those who refused treatment. ..
- Yen S, Kung P, Sheen Y, Chiu L, Xu X, Tsai W. Factors related to continuing care and interruption of P4P program participation in patients with diabetes. Am J Manag Care. 2016;22:e18-30 pubmed..The rate of interruption of P4P program participation among enrolled patients with diabetes, at 44.33%, should be a focus of improvement for Taiwan's health authorities. ..
- Hsu Y, Kung P, Wang S, Fang C, Tsai W. Improved patient survivals with colorectal cancer under multidisciplinary team care: A nationwide cohort study of 25,766 patients in Taiwan. Health Policy. 2016;120:674-81 pubmed publisher..88, p=0.002). Colorectal cancer patients with participation in MDT have a lower mortality risk; the improvements of survival exist in all colorectal cancer patients, especially in those with stage IV disease. ..
- Huang H, Pan C, Wang S, Kung P, Chou W, Tsai W. The incidence risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus in female nurses: a nationwide matched cohort study. BMC Public Health. 2016;16:443 pubmed publisher..The results of this study can be used as a reference to assess occupational risks facing nursing staff, to prevent diabetes development, and to promote health education. ..
- Huang H, Kung C, Pan C, Kung P, Wang S, Chou W, et al. Comparing the mortality risks of nursing professionals with diabetes and general patients with diabetes: a nationwide matched cohort study. BMC Public Health. 2016;16:1054 pubmed..The results can serve as a reference for developing heath education, and for preventing occupational hazards in nurses. ..
- Chen M, Hung H, Chang H, Yang S, Tsai W, Chang S. Assessment of Educational Needs and Quality of Life of Chronic Hepatitis Patients. BMC Health Serv Res. 2017;17:148 pubmed publisher..These findings can serve as a useful reference for nursing personnel who perform needs assessment to develop individual nursing instruction and thereby improve the quality of care for chronic hepatitis patients. ..
- Weng R, Huang C, Tsai W, Chang L, Lin S, Lee M. Exploring the impact of mentoring functions on job satisfaction and organizational commitment of new staff nurses. BMC Health Serv Res. 2010;10:240 pubmed publisher..It is suggested in this study that nurse managers should improve the career development and role modeling functions of mentoring in order to enhance the job satisfaction and organizational commitment of new nurses. ..
- Pan C, Kung P, Chiu L, Liao Y, Tsai W. Patients with diabetes in pay-for-performance programs have better physician continuity of care and survival. Am J Manag Care. 2017;23:e57-e66 pubmed..43 (95% CI, 0.41-0.44). Patients with diabetes with higher physician continuity had a lower HR of mortality. P4P participants had higher physician continuity and a lower HR of mortality. ..
- Tsai W, Kung P, Chang W. Influences of market competition on dental care utilization under the global budget payment system. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol. 2007;35:459-64 pubmed..After the global budget payment system for dental care was implemented, increases in dental care market competition led to the increase in utilization of dental care services. ..
- Chu C, Liu C, Yen S, Chou W, Kung P, Tsai Y, et al. Factors Associated With Re-Intubation Within 14 Days After Ventilator Liberation. Respir Care. 2017;62:1557-1564 pubmed publisher..However, premature discharge affects the 14-d readmission quality index. Therefore, we explored the risk and related factors of subjects liberated from mechanical ventilation who were re-intubated within 14 d...