Wei Chien Huang
Affiliation: China Medical University
- Lapatinib-mediated cyclooxygenase-2 expression via epidermal growth factor receptor/HuR interaction enhances the aggressiveness of triple-negative breast cancer cellsTe Chun Hsia
Department of Internal Medicine, China Medical University and Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Mol Pharmacol 83:857-69. 2013..These findings also shed new light on the molecular mechanism of COX-2 mRNA stabilization by EGFR in a kinase-independent manner...
- Beyond NF-κB activation: nuclear functions of IκB kinase αWei Chien Huang
Center for Molecular Medicine, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, 40447, Taiwan
J Biomed Sci 20:3. 2013..This review highlights major advances in the studies of the nuclear functions of IKKα and the mechanisms of IKKα nuclear translocation. Understanding the nuclear activity is essential for targeting IKKα for therapeutics...
- Induction of Akt activity by chemotherapy confers acquired resistanceWei Chien Huang
Center for Molecular Medicine and Graduate Institute of Cancer Biology, China Medical University and Hospital, and Department of Biotechnology, Asia University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 108:180-94. 2009..These regulatory mechanisms may limit the efficacy of PI3K/Akt-targeted therapy; therefore, disruption of these mechanisms may be an effective strategy for development of novel anti-cancer therapies...
- Nuclear translocation of epidermal growth factor receptor by Akt-dependent phosphorylation enhances breast cancer-resistant protein expression in gefitinib-resistant cellsWei Chien Huang
Center for Molecular Medicine, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung 404, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 286:20558-68. 2011....
- Hepatitis B virus X protein induces IKKα nuclear translocation via Akt-dependent phosphorylation to promote the motility of hepatocarcinoma cellsWei Chien Huang
Graduate Institute of Cancer Biology, China Medical University and Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 227:1446-54. 2012..Taken together, our findings shed light on the molecular mechanism of IKKα nuclear translocation and provide a potential role of nuclear IKKα in HBx-mediated hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) progression...
- Elevated BCRP/ABCG2 expression confers acquired resistance to gefitinib in wild-type EGFR-expressing cellsYun Ju Chen
Center for Molecular Medicine, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 6:e21428. 2011....
- Targeting the EGFR/PCNA Signaling Suppresses Tumor Growth of Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Cells with Cell-Penetrating PCNA PeptidesYung luen Yu
Graduate Institute of Cancer Biology and Center for Molecular Medicine, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan Department of Biotechnology, Asia University, Taichung, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 8:e61362. 2013..Our study reveals a drug candidate with translational potential for the future development of safe and effective therapeutic for EGFR TKI resistance in TNBC...
- Cancer-associated carbohydrate antigens as potential biomarkers for hepatocellular carcinomaChen Shiou Wu
The PhD Program for Cancer Biology and Drug Discovery, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 7:e39466. 2012..Glycan microarray analysis provides a powerful tool for high-sensitivity and high-throughput detection of serum antibodies against CACAs, which may be valuable serum biomarkers for the early detection of persons at high risk for HCC...
- ERK-modulated intrinsic signaling and G(2)/M phase arrest contribute to the induction of apoptotic death by allyl isothiocyanate in MDA-MB-468 human breast adenocarcinoma cellsShih Chang Tsai
Department of Biological Science and Technology, China Medical University, Taichung 404, Taiwan, ROC
Int J Oncol 41:2065-72. 2012..AITC is a potential agent for applcation in the treatment of human breast cancer...