Genomes and Genes
Chuen Mao Yang
Affiliation: Chang Gung University
- Lin C, Hsieh H, Shih R, Chi P, Cheng S, Chen J, et al. NADPH oxidase 2-derived reactive oxygen species signal contributes to bradykinin-induced matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression and cell migration in brain astrocytes. Cell Commun Signal. 2012;10:35 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that in RBA-1 cells, activation of AP-1 (c-Fos/c-Jun) by the PKC-?-mediated Nox2/ROS signals is essential for up-regulation of MMP-9 and cell migration enhanced by BK. ..
- Tsai C, Chen W, Hsieh H, Chi P, Hsiao L, Yang C. TNF-? induces matrix metalloproteinase-9-dependent soluble intercellular adhesion molecule-1 release via TRAF2-mediated MAPKs and NF-?B activation in osteoblast-like MC3T3-E1 cells. J Biomed Sci. 2014;21:12 pubmed publisher..The interplay between MMP-9 expression and sICAM-1 release may exert an important role in the regulation of bone inflammatory diseases. ..
- Chien P, Lin C, Hsiao L, Yang C. Induction of HO-1 by carbon monoxide releasing molecule-2 attenuates thrombin-induced COX-2 expression and hypertrophy in primary human cardiomyocytes. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2015;289:349-59 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that CORM-2-induced HO-1 expression is mediated through a Pyk2/PDGFR/PI3K/Akt/FoxO1/Sp1-dependent manner and exerts a cytoprotective effect in human cardiomyocytes. ..
- Yang C, Lee I, Chi P, Cheng S, Hsiao L, Hsu C. TNF-? induces cytosolic phospholipase A2 expression via Jak2/PDGFR-dependent Elk-1/p300 activation in human lung epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2014;306:L543-51 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrated that TNF-?-induced cPLA2 expression and PGE2 release were mediated through a Jak2/PDGFR/PI3K/Akt/p42/p44 MAPK/Elk-1 pathway in HPAEpiCs. ..
- Yang C, Chen Y, Chi P, Lin C, Hsiao L. Resveratrol inhibits BK-induced COX-2 transcription by suppressing acetylation of AP-1 and NF-?B in human rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblasts. Biochem Pharmacol. 2017;132:77-91 pubmed publisher..Therefore, resveratrol may be a promising therapeutic intervention for treatment of inflammatory arthritis. ..
- Lin C, Yang C, Chen Y, Hsiao L, Yang C. Arachidonic Acid Induces ARE/Nrf2-Dependent Heme Oxygenase-1 Transcription in Rat Brain Astrocytes. Mol Neurobiol. 2018;55:3328-3343 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that AA increases formation of Nrf2 and PPARγ complex and binding with ARE1 binding site through Src, Pyk2, PI3K/Akt, and ERK1/2, which further induced HO-1 expression in RBA-1 cells. ..
- Chien P, Lin C, Hsiao L, Yang C. c-Src/Pyk2/EGFR/PI3K/Akt/CREB-activated pathway contributes to human cardiomyocyte hypertrophy: Role of COX-2 induction. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2015;409:59-72 pubmed publisher..We uncover the importance of COX-2 regarding human cardiomyocyte hypertrophy that will provide a therapeutic intervention in cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Cho R, Lin W, Wang C, Yang C, Hsiao L, Lin C, et al. Heme oxygenase-1 induction by rosiglitazone via PKCα/AMPKα/p38 MAPKα/SIRT1/PPARγ pathway suppresses lipopolysaccharide-mediated pulmonary inflammation. Biochem Pharmacol. 2018;148:222-237 pubmed publisher..Up-regulation of HO-1 protected against the inflammatory responses triggered by LPS, at least in part, through attenuation of NF-κB. ..
- Yang C, Lin C, Lee I, Lin Y, Yang C, Chen W, et al. Japanese encephalitis virus induces matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression via a ROS/c-Src/PDGFR/PI3K/Akt/MAPKs-dependent AP-1 pathway in rat brain astrocytes. J Neuroinflammation. 2012;9:12 pubmed publisher..These findings concerning JEV-induced MMP-9 expression in RBA-1 cells imply that JEV might play an important role in CNS inflammation and diseases. ..
- Yang C, Lin C, Chien P, Hsiao L, Yang C. Thrombin/Matrix Metalloproteinase-9-Dependent SK-N-SH Cell Migration is Mediated Through a PLC/PKC/MAPKs/NF-?B Cascade. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:5833-5846 pubmed publisher..Our results show that thrombin stimulates a Gq/PLC/PKCs/p38 MAPK and JNK1/2 cascade, which in turn triggers NF-?B activation and ultimately induces MMP-9 expression and cell migration in SK-N-SH cells. ..
- Yang C, Lee I, Lin C, Yang Y, Luo S, Kou Y, et al. Cigarette smoke extract induces COX-2 expression via a PKCalpha/c-Src/EGFR, PDGFR/PI3K/Akt/NF-kappaB pathway and p300 in tracheal smooth muscle cells. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2009;297:L892-902 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that in HTSMCs, CSE-induced COX-2-dependent PGE2 generation was mediated through PKCalpha/c-Src/EGFR, PDGFR/PI3K/Akt leading to the recruitment of p300 with NF-kappaB complex. ..
- Yang C, Hsieh H, Yu P, Lin C, Liu S. IL-1Î² Induces MMP-9-Dependent Brain Astrocytic Migration via Transactivation of PDGF Receptor/NADPH Oxidase 2-Derived Reactive Oxygen Species Signals. Mol Neurobiol. 2015;52:303-17 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that in RBA-1 cells, activation of NF-ÎºB and AP-1 (ATF2) by the c-Src/PDGFR/PI3K/Akt-mediated Nox2/ROS/MAPKs signals is required for upregulation of MMP-9 and cell migration enhanced by IL-1Î². ..
- Lin C, Pan C, Wang C, Liu S, Hsiao L, Yang C. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha induces VCAM-1-mediated inflammation via c-Src-dependent transactivation of EGF receptors in human cardiac fibroblasts. J Biomed Sci. 2015;22:53 pubmed publisher..Understanding the mechanisms of VCAM-1 up-regulated by TNF-Î± on HCFs may provide rationally therapeutic interventions for heart injury or inflammatory diseases. ..
- Yang C, Hsieh H, Lin C, Shih R, Chi P, Cheng S, et al. Multiple factors from bradykinin-challenged astrocytes contribute to the neuronal apoptosis: involvement of astroglial ROS, MMP-9, and HO-1/CO system. Mol Neurobiol. 2013;47:1020-33 pubmed publisher..Together, we demonstrate that BK-induced several neurotoxic factors, including ROS, MMP-9, and CO released from astrocytes, may induce neuronal death through a caspase-3-dependent apoptotic pathway. ..
- Yang C, Luo S, Hsieh H, Chi P, Lin C, Wu C, et al. Interleukin-1beta induces ICAM-1 expression enhancing leukocyte adhesion in human rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblasts: involvement of ERK, JNK, AP-1, and NF-kappaB. J Cell Physiol. 2010;224:516-26 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that in human RASFs, activation of ERK, JNK, AP-1, and NF-kappaB are essential for IL-1beta-induced ICAM-1 expression and leukocyte adhesion. ..
- Yang C, Lin M, Hsieh H, Sun C, Ma Y, Hsiao L. Bradykinin-induced p42/p44 MAPK phosphorylation and cell proliferation via Src, EGF receptors, and PI3-K/Akt in vascular smooth muscle cells. J Cell Physiol. 2005;203:538-46 pubmed..These results suggest that, in VSMCs, the mechanism of BK-stimulated activation of p42/p44 MAPK and cell proliferation was mediated, at least in part, through activation of Src family kinases, EGFR transactivation, and PI3-K/Akt. ..
- Yang C, Wu W, Pan S, Tsai Y, Chiu C, Wang C. P2Y(2) receptor-stimulated phosphoinositide hydrolysis and Ca(2+) mobilization in tracheal epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2000;279:L235-41 pubmed