J C Chen
Affiliation: Chang Gung University
- NADPH oxidase 2-derived reactive oxygen species signal contributes to bradykinin-induced matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression and cell migration in brain astrocytesChih Chung Lin
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology and Health Aging Research Center, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, 259 Wen Hwa 1st Road, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Cell Commun Signal 10:35. 2012..abstract:..
- Up-regulation of dorsal root ganglia BDNF and trkB receptor in inflammatory pain: an in vivo and in vitro studyYa Tin Lin
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Neuroinflammation 8:126. 2011..The aim of this study was to investigate whether and how BDNF-trkB signaling in the DRG is involved in the process of inflammatory pain...
- Reductions in binding and functions of D2 dopamine receptors in the rat ventral striatum during amphetamine sensitizationJ C Chen
Department of Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Tao Yuan, Taiwan, ROC
Life Sci 64:343-54. 1999..The decrease of D2 receptors might reflect cellular mechanisms underlying the expression of amphetamine sensitization...
- Significance of glutamate and dopamine neurons in the ventral pallidum in the expression of behavioral sensitization to amphetamineJ C Chen
Department of Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Tao Yuian, Taiwan, ROC
Life Sci 68:973-83. 2001..Taken together, the current results suggest that the excitatory amino acid in the VP plays a significant role during the expression of behavioral sensitization to amphetamine...
- Molecular mechanisms of psychostimulant addictionJin Chung Chen
Neuropharmacology Laboratory, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Chang Gung Med J 32:148-54. 2009..This review outlines the cellular pathways that have been demonstrated to participate in psychostimulant addiction, focused particularly in the nucleus accumbens...
- Down-regulation of the glial glutamate transporter GLT-1 in rat hippocampus and striatum and its modulation by a group III metabotropic glutamate receptor antagonist following transient global forebrain ischemiaJin Chung Chen
Department of Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, 259 Wen Hwa 1st Road, Tao Yuan, Kwei Shan, Taiwan, ROC
Neuropharmacology 49:703-14. 2005..The current findings pinpoint the significance of GLT-1 during ischemia/reperfusion and suggest a potential application of group III metabotropic glutamate receptor antagonist against ischemic/hypoxic neuronal damage...
- Neuropeptide FF potentiates the behavioral sensitization to amphetamine and alters the levels of neurotransmitters in the medial prefrontal cortexJ C Chen
Laboratory of Neuropharmacology, Department of Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Tao Yuan 333, Taiwan
Brain Res 816:220-4. 1999..The results suggest that NPFF may modulate the neuronal process of amphetamine addiction...
- Endomorphin-1 and -2 induce naloxone-precipitated withdrawal syndromes in ratsJ C Chen
Department of Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, 259 Wen Hua 1st Road, Kwei Shan, 333, Tao Yuan, Taiwan, ROC
Peptides 24:477-81. 2003..The present results indicate EM-1 and EM-2 could initiate certain mechanism involved opiate dependence...
- Differential effects of endomorphin-1 and -2 on amphetamine sensitization: neurochemical and behavioral aspectsJ C Chen
Department of Pharmacology, Chang-Gung University, Tao-Yuan, Kwei-Shan, Taiwan, ROC
Synapse 39:239-48. 2001..The results also demonstrate that there are differential responses between endomorphin-1 and -2 on behavioral amphetamine sensitization and the underlying neurochemical substrates...
- Brain nociceptive imaging in rats using (18)f-fluorodeoxyglucose small-animal positron emission tomographyY Y I Shih
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Neuroscience 155:1221-6. 2008..The present protocol allowed identification of the brain areas involved in pain processing, and should be useful in further evaluations of the effects of new drugs and preclinical therapies for pain...
- Prognostic value of 18-FDG uptake in early stage NSCLCJ C Chen
Surgery, Tri Service General Hospital, Taipei 114, Taiwan, Republic of China
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 57:413-6. 2009..We assessed whether the standard uptake of 18-fluorodeoxyglucose (18-FDG) in non-small cell lung cancers (NSCLC) differed between stage I and non-stage I tumors...
- Modulations of spinal serotonin activity affect the development of morphine toleranceJ Y Li
Department of Anesthesiology, Chang-Gung Memorial Hospital, Taiwan, ROC
Anesth Analg 92:1563-8. 2001..We conclude that activity of spinal 5-HT-containing neurons plays a crucial role during the development of morphine tolerance...
- Nitric oxide and interleukin-1beta mediate noradrenergic induced corticotrophin-releasing hormone release in organotypic cultures of rat paraventricular nucleusC H Hsieh
Graduate Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Chang Gung University, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Neuroscience 165:1191-202. 2010..In summary, the current study demonstrates that IL-1beta plays a significant role in NE-induced CRH release, and that neuroendocrine response in the PVN may depend on local NO action...
- Remnant living cells that escape cell loss in late-stage tumors exhibit cancer stem cell-like characteristicsY L Chen
Department of Biomedical Imaging and Radiological Sciences, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Cell Death Dis 3:e399. 2012..Taken together, the current data suggested that cells escaping from cell loss in late-stage tumors exhibit CSC-like characteristics, and HSV1-tk may be considered a theranostic agent for targeting this population in vivo...
- Dansyl-PQRamide, a possible neuropeptide FF receptor antagonist, induces conditioned place preferenceE Y K Huang
Department of Pharmacology, National Defense Medical Center, Nei Hu 114, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Peptides 23:489-96. 2002..These results also reveal a close relationship between NPFF, drug rewarding and the dopaminergic and serotoninergic neurons in the mesolimbic system...
- Effect of N(G)-nitro-L-arginine methyl ester on intestinal permeability following intestinal ischemia-reperfusion injury in a rat modelC C Luo
Department of Pediatric Surgery and Pediatrics, Chang Gung Children s Hospital and College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Biol Neonate 80:60-3. 2001..These results suggest that endogenous NO may play a role in the protecting intestinal integrity after IRI...
- Mechanism of extracellular ATP-induced proliferation of vascular smooth muscle cellsS M Yu
Department of Pharmacology, Chang Gung College of Medicine and Technology, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Mol Pharmacol 50:1000-9. 1996..PKC and, in turn, Raf-1 and MAPK were then activated, leading eventually to DNA synthesis and cell proliferation...
- Shrimp vaccination trials with the VP292 protein of white spot syndrome virusB Vaseeharan
Department of Advanced Zoology and Biotechnology, Sivanthi Adithanar College, Nagercoil, Tamil Nadu, India
Lett Appl Microbiol 43:137-42. 2006..Construction of a recombinant vector that expresses VP292 protein of white spot syndrome virus (WSSV) and to exploit the possibility of obtaining the vaccine conferring protection against WSSV infection in shrimps...
- Prostacyclin analogue (OP-2507) induces delayed ex vivo neutrophil apoptosis and attenuates reperfusion-induced hepatic microcirculatory derangement in ratsM F Chen
Department of Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Shock 16:473-8. 2001..This study demonstrates that OP-2507 treatment with ischemia may ameliorate the ischemia-reperfusion injury of the liver in the rat model, and increase spontaneous neutrophil apoptosis ex vivo...