- Clinical features of children with Henoch-Schonlein purpura: risk factors associated with renal involvement
Inonu University, Malatya, Turkey
Iran J Kidney Dis 6:269-74. 2012
..This study aimed to evaluate renal involvement and factors affecting the prognosis in patients with Henoch-Schonlein purpura (HSP)...
- Interleukin 8 gene 2767 A/G polymorphism is associated with increased risk of nephritis in children with Henoch-Schönlein purpura
Medical Faculty, Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Inonu University, Malatya, Turkey
Rheumatol Int 32:941-7. 2012
..049, odds ratio 0.024, 95% CI 0.036-0.094). These results suggest that the kidney involvement is more common in patients with the "A" allele, and degree of proteinuria and creatinine levels is higher in these patients at follow-up...
- Effects of genetic polymorphisms of the renin-angiotensin system in children with nephrotic syndrome
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Ege University School of Medicine, Ismir, Turkey
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 6:138-44. 2005
..Genetic polymorphisms of the various components of the RAS have been associated with differences in the clinical course of several disease states in adults and children...
- Ultrasonographic screening of newborns for congenital anomalies of the kidney and the urinary tracts
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Turgut Ozal Medical Center, Inonu University, Malatya, Turkey
Urol J 7:161-7. 2010
..To search for the efficiency of scanning the newborns with routine urinary system ultrasonography...
- Clinical and demographic characteristics of children with urolithiasis: single-center experience from eastern Turkey
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, University of Inonu, Malatya, Turkey
Urol Int 83:217-21. 2009
..To evaluate the clinical and demographic findings of children with urolithiasis in eastern Turkey...
- Primary lymphoedema at an unusual location triggered by nephrotic syndrome
Department of Paediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Inonu University, Malatya, Turkey
Ann Acad Med Singapore 38:636-3. 2009
..Primary lymphoedema, a developmental abnormality of the lymphatic system, may become evident later in life when a triggering event exceeds the capacity of normal lymphatic flow...
- Is edema in minimal change disease of childhood really hypovolemic?
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Faculty of Medicine, Inonu University, Turgut Ozal Tip Merkezi, Cocuk Klinigi, 44280 Malatya, Turkey
Int Urol Nephrol 40:757-61. 2008
..In this study, we aimed to find out whether children with minimal change disease can be classified as hypervolemic by objective measures...
- Association of TLR2 gene Arg753Gln polymorphism with urinary tract infection in children
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Inonu University, Malatya, Turkey
Int J Immunogenet 34:399-405. 2007
..Additionally, we observed that subjects carrying the TLR2 Arg753Gln allele had higher risk of urinary tract infection with gram-positive pathogens, history of more than two attacks of UTI and asymptomatic UTI...
- Association between RAS gene polymorphisms (ACE I/D, AGT M235T) and Henoch-Schönlein purpura in a Turkish population
Molecular Medicine Laboratory, Children s Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Ege University, Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Dis Markers 34:23-32. 2013
..Our findings suggest that ACE I/D polymorphism is significantly associated with HSP susceptibility...
- Reference intervals of serum cystatin C for determining cystatin C-based glomerular filtration rates in preterm neonates
Ahmet Taner Elmas
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Inonu
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 26:1474-8. 2013
- Short- and long-term efficacy of levamisole in children with steroid-sensitive nephrotic syndrome
Ahmet Taner Elmas
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Inonu, Turgut Ozal Tip Merkezi, Cocuk Sagligi ve Hast AD, 44280, Malatya, Turkey
Int Urol Nephrol 45:1047-55. 2013
..In this study, we aimed to evaluate short- and long-term effects of levamisole therapy in steroid-sensitive nephrotic syndrome (SSNS) in children...
- Neuroimaging findings in hyperargininemia
Inonu University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Malatya, Turkey
J Neuroimaging 18:457-62. 2008
..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first article revealing the brain MRS pattern of hyperargininemia. We reported the clinical and imaging findings of patients and discuss the correlation...
- The role of ghrelin in weight gain and growth in epileptic children using valproate
Department of Pediatric Neurology, Inonu University Faculty of Medicine, Malatya, Turkey
J Child Neurol 22:1384-8. 2007
..Consequently, ghrelin levels significantly increase in the prepubertal children treated with valproic acid. The weight gain in using valproic acid may be associated with the increase in ghrelin level in the early treatment period...
- Celiac disease in children with urolithiasis
Department of Pediatrics, Inonu University Faculty of Medicine, Malatya, Turkey
Turk J Pediatr 54:382-6. 2012
..880). In this first study investigating CD prevalence in children with urolithiasis, we found a higher seropositivity for CD in children with urolithiasis compared to controls, but in terms of biopsy-proven CD, no difference was found...
- Serum cystatin C predicts acute kidney injury in preterm neonates with respiratory distress syndrome
Ahmet Taner Elmas
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Inonu, Malatya, Turkey
Pediatr Nephrol 28:477-84. 2013
..We aimed to compare serum cystatin C levels (sCysC) in preterm neonates with respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) with a control group and to investigate whether it could be used as a predictor for acute kidney injury (AKI)...