- Case history: multicentric glioma with involvement of the optic chiasm
Department of Neurosurgery, Helios Hospital Berlin, Hospital Buch, Hobrechtsfelder Chaussee 96, 13122 Berlin Buch, Germany
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 105:66-8. 2002
..The patient had a complete prostatectomy of adenocarcinoma a year before. The coincidence of multicentric gliomas and prostate cancer is briefly discussed...
- Expression of glucose transporter 1 is associated with loss of heterozygosity of chromosome 1p in oligodendroglial tumors WHO grade II
Department of Neurosurgery, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353, Berlin, Germany
J Mol Histol 39:553-60. 2008
..Conclusion Expression of GLUT-1 is significantly reduced in low-grade oligodendroglial tumors harboring LOH 1p. Further studies should address the functional role of GLUT-1 in regard to chemosensitivity of oligodendrogliomas...
- Tumor Young Investigator Award: tropism and antitumorigenic effect of endogenous neural precursors for gliomas
Department of Neurosurgery, HELIOS Hospital, Berlin, Germany
Clin Neurosurg 53:336-44. 2006
- [Planning for brain surgery in brain tumors]
Z Med Phys 12:182-90. 2002
..The aim of the proposed model is, as further step, the integration and adaptation in apposite software solutions for the stereotactic orientation in the CNS...
- Glioblastoma-induced attraction of endogenous neural precursor cells is associated with improved survival
Cellular Neuroscience Group, Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, 13092 Berlin, Germany
J Neurosci 25:2637-46. 2005
..Our results indicate that tumor cells attract endogenous precursor cells; the presence of precursor cells is antitumorigenic; and this cellular interaction decreases with aging...
- Microglia stimulate the invasiveness of glioma cells by increasing the activity of metalloprotease-2
Darko S Markovic
Cellular Neuroscience Group, Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine MDC, Berlin, Germany
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 64:754-62. 2005
..Our data indicate that glioma cells stimulate microglial cells to increase breakdown of extracellular matrix and thereby promote tumor invasiveness...
- A1 adenosine receptors in microglia control glioblastoma-host interaction
Cellular Neuroscience Group, Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Cancer Res 66:8550-7. 2006
..A(1)AR agonists suppressed tumor growth. When, however, microglial cells were depleted from the slices, the agonists even stimulated tumor growth. Thus, adenosine attenuates glioblastoma growth acting via A(1)AR in microglia...
- The invasion promoting effect of microglia on glioblastoma cells is inhibited by cyclosporin A
Laboratory of Transcription Regulation, Department of Cell Biology, Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, Warsaw, Poland
Brain 130:476-89. 2007
..Our findings that CsA interferes at clinically relevant concentrations with the tumour-promoting role of microglia and impairs invasive growth of glioma cells in vivo may provide a novel therapeutic strategy against gliomas...