Affiliation: World Health Organization
- Surveillance of anti-tuberculosis drug resistance in the world: an updated analysis, 2007-2010Matteo Zignol
Stop TB Department, World Health Organization, 20 Avenue Appia, 1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland
Bull World Health Organ 90:111-119D. 2012..To present a global update of drug-resistant tuberculosis (TB) and explore trends in 1994-2010...
- Implementation of a national anti-tuberculosis drug resistance survey in TanzaniaTimothy M Chonde
1National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Program, Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
BMC Public Health 8:427. 2008..The current manuscript describes the implementation of the first national drug resistance survey in Tanzania...
- Modernizing surveillance of antituberculosis drug resistance: from special surveys to routine testingMatteo Zignol
Stop TB Department, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Clin Infect Dis 52:901-6. 2011..Routine surveillance linked to patient care, which represents the best approach to monitor drug resistance, now has the possibility of becoming a reality even in resource-limited countries...
- Global incidence of multidrug-resistant tuberculosisMatteo Zignol
Stop TB Department, World Health Organization, Geneva 1211, Switzerland
J Infect Dis 194:479-85. 2006....
- Patients with previously treated tuberculosis no longer neglectedMatteo Zignol
Stop TB Department, World Health Organization, Geneva, CH 1211, Switzerland
Clin Infect Dis 44:61-4. 2007..Previously treated patients are difficult to re-treat and represent an important source of disease transmission, as well as a serious threat to TB control worldwide, because of their higher rate of drug resistance...
- Epidemiology of antituberculosis drug resistance 2002-07: an updated analysis of the Global Project on Anti-Tuberculosis Drug Resistance SurveillanceAbigail Wright
Stop TB Department, WHO, Geneva, Switzerland
Lancet 373:1861-73. 2009..The Global Project on Anti-Tuberculosis Drug Resistance has been gathering data since 1994. This study provides the latest data on the extent of drug resistance worldwide...
- Multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in children: evidence from global surveillanceMatteo Zignol
World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Eur Respir J 42:701-7. 2013..Of particular concern is the association found between age <15 years and MDR-TB in southern African countries with high HIV prevalence. ..
- Universal access to care for multidrug-resistant tuberculosis: an analysis of surveillance dataDennis Falzon
Stop TB Department, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland Electronic address
Lancet Infect Dis 13:690-7. 2013..We assessed the progress towards the 2015 targets achieved by countries accounting for 90% of the estimated MDR-tuberculosis cases in the world in 2011...
- Tb drug resistance: is it really a threat to Africa?Paul Nunn
World Health Organization, Stop TB Department, Avenue Appia 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Ethiop Med J 45:399-404. 2007..This paper analyses the threat of TB drug resistance to health and to TB control in Africa, and puts forward measures to diminish this threat...
- Rapid molecular TB diagnosis: evidence, policy making and global implementation of Xpert MTB/RIFKarin Weyer
Stop TB Dept, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Eur Respir J 42:252-71. 2013....
- Cost and cost-effectiveness of PPM-DOTS for tuberculosis control: evidence from IndiaKatherine Floyd
HIV AIDS, TB and Malaria, World Health Organization, 1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland
Bull World Health Organ 84:437-45. 2006..To assess the cost and cost-effectiveness of the Public-Private Mix DOTS (PPM-DOTS) strategy for tuberculosis (TB) control in India...
- Scaling up programmatic management of drug-resistant tuberculosis: a prioritized research agendaFrank G J Cobelens
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation, The Hague, The Netherlands
PLoS Med 5:e150. 2008
- Challenges in estimating the total burden of drug-resistant tuberculosisTed Cohen
Division of Social Medicine and Health Inequalities, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 177:1302-6. 2008....
- Are survey-based estimates of the burden of drug resistant TB too low? Insight from a simulation studyTed Cohen
Division of Social Medicine and Health Inequalities, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e2363. 2008....
- A postgenomic method for predicting essential genes at subsaturation levels of mutagenesis: application to Mycobacterium tuberculosisGyanu Lamichhane
Center for Tuberculosis Research, Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 424 North Bond Street, Baltimore, MD 21231 1001, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:7213-8. 2003..At subsaturation levels of mutagenesis with a random transposon such as Himar1, this approach permits a statistical prediction of both the proportion and identities of essential genes of sequenced genomes...