T B Ustun
Affiliation: World Health Organization
- Multiple-informant ranking of the disabling effects of different health conditions in 14 countries. WHO/NIH Joint Project CAR Study GroupT B Ustun
WHO, Assessment Classification and Epidemiology Group, Geneva, Switzerland
Lancet 354:111-5. 1999..However, there are concerns about the universality of the disability weights used. We undertook a study to investigate the stability of such weighting in different countries and informant groups...
- WHO perspectives on international classificationT Bedirhan Ustun
Classification, Assessment, Surveys and Terminology, Department of Evidence for Health Policy, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Psychopathology 35:62-6. 2002....
- The global burden of mental disordersT B Ustun
Assessment Classification and Epidemiology Group, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Am J Public Health 89:1315-8. 1999..In this way, parity can be achieved for mental disorders and mental health can be mainstreamed into health and public health practice...
- The International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health: a new tool for understanding disability and healthT B Ustun
Classification, Assessment, Surveys and Terminology Team, World Health Organization, CH1211 Geneva, 27, Switzerland
Disabil Rehabil 25:565-71. 2003..The ICF, in short, offers an international, scientific tool for understanding human functioning and disability for clinical, research, policy development and a range of other public health uses...
- Global burden of depressive disorders in the year 2000T B Ustun
Global Programme on Evidence for Health Policy, WHO, Geneva, Switzerland
Br J Psychiatry 184:386-92. 2004..The initial Global Burden of Disease study found that depression was the fourth leading cause of disease burden, accounting for 3.7% of total disability adjusted life years (DALYs) in the world in 1990...
- Global "burden of disease"-study for psychiatric disordersT B Ustun
Global Programme on Evidence for Health Policy, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Psychiatr Prax 28:S7-11. 2001..This feature would assist comparative assessments. The WHO plans to refine this framework for assessing the outcomes of interventions and their related costs...
- WHO's ICF and functional status information in health recordsT Bedirhan Ustun
WHO, Geneva, Switzerland
Health Care Financ Rev 24:77-88. 2003..This framework then permits the evaluation of both the effectiveness and cost effectiveness of these different interventions in devising programs at the personal or societal level...
- Using the international classification of functioning, disease and health in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: separating the disease from its epiphenomenaT Bedirhan Ustun
World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Ambul Pediatr 7:132-9. 2007..When one adds disability as a predictor, our capacity to predict these parameters is increased dramatically. It is therefore suggested that the ICF framework be considered in future ADHD research activities...