T B Ustun
Affiliation: World Health Organization
- Harmonizing WHO's International Classification of Diseases (ICD) and International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF): importance and methods to link disease and functioningReuben Escorpizo
Department of Physical Therapy, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA, USA
BMC Public Health 13:742. 2013..The ongoing revision of the International Classification of Diseases (ICD) provides an opportunity to integrate functioning information through the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF)...
- Global patterns of healthy life expectancy in the year 2002Colin D Mathers
Evidence and Information for Policy, World Health Organization, Avenue Appia, Geneva, Switzerland
BMC Public Health 4:66. 2004..The World Health Organization reports on healthy life expectancy for 192 WHO Member States. This paper describes variation in average levels of population health across these countries and by sex for the year 2002...
- Identification of candidate categories of the International Classification of Functioning Disability and Health (ICF) for a Generic ICF Core Set based on regression modellingAlarcos Cieza
ICF Research Branch of the WHO Collaborating Center for the Family of International Classifications at the German Institute of Medical Documentation and Information, IHRS, Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich, Germany
BMC Med Res Methodol 6:36. 2006..While condition-specific ICF Core Sets are useful, a Generic ICF Core Set is needed to describe and compare problems in functioning across health conditions...
- Developing the World Health Organization Disability Assessment Schedule 2.0T Bedirhan Ustun
World Health Organization, Avenue Appia 20, 1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland
Bull World Health Organ 88:815-23. 2010..0) for measuring functioning and disability in accordance with the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health. WHODAS 2.0 is a standard metric for ensuring scientific comparability across different populations...
- Using the international classification of functioning, disease and health in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: separating the disease from its epiphenomenaT Bedirhan Ustun
World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Ambul Pediatr 7:132-9. 2007..When one adds disability as a predictor, our capacity to predict these parameters is increased dramatically. It is therefore suggested that the ICF framework be considered in future ADHD research activities...
- Global burden of depressive disorders in the year 2000T B UstÃ¼n
Global Programme on Evidence for Health Policy, WHO, Geneva, Switzerland
Br J Psychiatry 184:386-92. 2004..The initial Global Burden of Disease study found that depression was the fourth leading cause of disease burden, accounting for 3.7% of total disability adjusted life years (DALYs) in the world in 1990...
- The International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health: a new tool for understanding disability and healthT B Ustun
Classification, Assessment, Surveys and Terminology Team, World Health Organization, CH1211 Geneva, 27, Switzerland
Disabil Rehabil 25:565-71. 2003..The ICF, in short, offers an international, scientific tool for understanding human functioning and disability for clinical, research, policy development and a range of other public health uses...
- The global burden of mental disordersT B Ustun
Assessment Classification and Epidemiology Group, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Am J Public Health 89:1315-8. 1999..In this way, parity can be achieved for mental disorders and mental health can be mainstreamed into health and public health practice...
- Multiple-informant ranking of the disabling effects of different health conditions in 14 countries. WHO/NIH Joint Project CAR Study GroupT B Ustun
WHO, Assessment Classification and Epidemiology Group, Geneva, Switzerland
Lancet 354:111-5. 1999..However, there are concerns about the universality of the disability weights used. We undertook a study to investigate the stability of such weighting in different countries and informant groups...
- Global "burden of disease"-study for psychiatric disordersT B Ustun
Global Programme on Evidence for Health Policy, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Psychiatr Prax 28:S7-11. 2001..This feature would assist comparative assessments. The WHO plans to refine this framework for assessing the outcomes of interventions and their related costs...
- WHO's ICF and functional status information in health recordsT Bedirhan Ustun
WHO, Geneva, Switzerland
Health Care Financ Rev 24:77-88. 2003..This framework then permits the evaluation of both the effectiveness and cost effectiveness of these different interventions in devising programs at the personal or societal level...
- WHO perspectives on international classificationT Bedirhan Ustun
Classification, Assessment, Surveys and Terminology, Department of Evidence for Health Policy, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Psychopathology 35:62-6. 2002....