Affiliation: World Health Organization
- Global data on visual impairment in the year 2002Serge Resnikoff
Programme for the Prevention of Blindness and Deafness, World Health Organization, Geneva 1211, Switzerland
Bull World Health Organ 82:844-51. 2004..Other major causes of visual impairment are, in order of importance, glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy and trachoma...
- Global magnitude of visual impairment caused by uncorrected refractive errors in 2004Serge Resnikoff
Chronic Disease Prevention and Management, WHO, Geneva, Switzerland
Bull World Health Organ 86:63-70. 2008....
- Trachoma: looking forward to Global Elimination of Trachoma by 2020 (GET 2020)Silvio P Mariotti
Prevention of Blindness and Deafness, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Am J Trop Med Hyg 69:33-5. 2003....
- The number of ophthalmologists in practice and training worldwide: a growing gap despite more than 200,000 practitionersSerge Resnikoff
International Health and Development, Geneva, Switzerland
Br J Ophthalmol 96:783-7. 2012....
- Preventing cancer through tobacco and infection control: how many lives can we save in the next 10 years?Kathleen Strong
Department of Chronic Diseases and Health Promotion, WHO, Geneva, Switzerland
Eur J Cancer Prev 17:153-61. 2008..The scientific knowledge to achieve this goal already exists, and the target could be reached through effective cancer prevention strategies, including tobacco control, hepatitis B vaccination and prevention of cervical cancer...
- VISION 2020: The Right to Sight: a global initiative to eliminate avoidable blindnessLouis Pizzarello
International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness, London, England, UK
Arch Ophthalmol 122:615-20. 2004
- New challenges for VISION 2020Ivo Kocur
Ophthalmic Epidemiol 12:291-2. 2005
- From visual function deficiency to handicap: measuring visual handicap in MaliJean François Schémann
IOTA Institute of African Tropical Ophthalmology, Bamako, Mali
Ophthalmic Epidemiol 9:133-48. 2002..b) To study the relationship between these variables and visual deficiencies by gender...