Affiliation: World Health Organization
- Estimated global distribution and regional spread of HIV-1 genetic subtypes in the year 2000Saladin Osmanov
Joint HIV Vaccine Initiative of the World Health Organization WHO and the Joint United Nations Program on HIV AIDS UNAIDS, Geneva, Switzerland
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 29:184-90. 2002....
- Past, present and future of HIV vaccine trials in developing countriesJose Esparza
WHO UNAIDS HIV Vaccine Initiative, World Health Organisation, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Vaccine 20:1897-8. 2002..The effort to develop and evaluate HIV vaccines must increase, especially in Africa...
- Global and regional distribution of HIV-1 genetic subtypes and recombinants in 2004Joris Hemelaar
WHO UNAIDS HIV Vaccine Initiative, Geneva, Switzerland
AIDS 20:W13-23. 2006..To estimate the global and regional distribution of HIV-1 subtypes and recombinants in 2004...
- Expanding research capacity and accelerating AIDS vaccine development in AsiaJean Louis Excler
International AIDS Vaccine Initiative IAVI, Geneva, Switzerland
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 39:766-84. 2008....
- HLA-A and -B allele expression and ability to develop anti-Gag cross-clade responses in subtype C HIV-1-infected EthiopiansGuido Ferrari
Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
Hum Immunol 65:648-59. 2004..These data represent the first report of correlating HLA phenotype and HIV-specific cell-mediated immune responses among infected Ethiopians and may be useful in designing cytotoxic T lymphocyte-inducing vaccines for this part of Africa...
- European Union and EDCTP strategy in the global context: recommendations for preventive HIV/AIDS vaccines researchThomas Lehner
Mucosal Immunology Unit, Kings College at Guy s Hospital, Guy s Tower, London SE1 9RT, UK
Vaccine 23:5551-6. 2005..The resulting consensus paper will guide the EC and EDCTP in developing HIV vaccine strategy and recommendations...
- High HIV-1 genetic diversity in CubaMaria Teresa Cuevas
Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
AIDS 16:1643-53. 2002..HIV-1 subtype B is largely predominant in the Caribbean, although other subtypes have been recently identified in Cuba...
- Executive summary and recommendations from WHO/UNAIDS and AAVP consultation on: 'The inclusion of adolescents in HIV vaccine trials', 16-18 March 2006 in Gaborone, BotswanaSaladin Osmanov
AIDS 21:W1-10. 2007..The recommendations of this meeting were further discussed and endorsed by the WHO/UNAIDS HIV Vaccine Advisory Committee...
- Representative sampling and analysis in HIV molecular epidemiology studiesJoris Hemelaar
AIDS 22:322-3. 2008
- New insights into the origin of the HIV type 1 subtype A epidemic in former Soviet Union's countries derived from sequence analyses of preepidemically transmitted virusesMichael M Thomson
Centro Nacional de Microbiologia, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Majadahonda, Madrid, Spain
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 23:1599-604. 2007..The results indicate that the FSU IDU-A variant derives from a strain that initially propagated heterosexually in Ukraine and originated in central Africa...