S P Mariotti
Affiliation: World Health Organization
- Trachoma: looking forward to Global Elimination of Trachoma by 2020 (GET 2020)Silvio P Mariotti
Prevention of Blindness and Deafness, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Am J Trop Med Hyg 69:33-5. 2003....
- New steps toward eliminating blinding trachomaSilvio P Mariotti
N Engl J Med 351:2004-7. 2004
- Cost-effectiveness of trachoma control in seven world regionsRob M P M Baltussen
Institute for Medical Technology Assessment, Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Ophthalmic Epidemiol 12:91-101. 2005..Large study uncertainties do not change study conclusions. The results should be interpreted in the context of the overall SAFE strategy to address issues of sustainability...
- Trachoma: global magnitude of a preventable cause of blindnessS P Mariotti
Chronic Disease and Health Promotion Department, Prevention of Blindness and Deafness, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Br J Ophthalmol 93:563-8. 2009..6 million were severely visually impaired or blind as a result of trachoma: this study provides an updated estimate of the global prevalence of trachoma based on the most recent information available...
- 2002 global update of available data on visual impairment: a compilation of population-based prevalence studiesD Pascolini
WHO Programme for the Prevention of Blindness and Deafness, Geneva, Switzerland
Ophthalmic Epidemiol 11:67-115. 2004....
- Preventing trachoma through environmental sanitation: a review of the evidence baseA Pruss
Water, Sanitation and Health, Protection of the Human Environment, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Bull World Health Organ 78:258-66. 2000....
- Response from Savioli and colleagues from the Department of Neglected Tropical Diseases, World Health OrganizationLorenzo Savioli
World Health Organization Department of Control of Neglected Tropical Diseases, Geneva, Switzerland
PLoS Med 3:e283. 2006
- Global magnitude of visual impairment caused by uncorrected refractive errors in 2004Serge Resnikoff
Chronic Disease Prevention and Management, WHO, Geneva, Switzerland
Bull World Health Organ 86:63-70. 2008....
- Global data on visual impairment in the year 2002Serge Resnikoff
Programme for the Prevention of Blindness and Deafness, World Health Organization, Geneva 1211, Switzerland
Bull World Health Organ 82:844-51. 2004..Other major causes of visual impairment are, in order of importance, glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy and trachoma...
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of cataract surgery: a global and regional analysisRob Baltussen
iMTA Institute for Medical Technology Assessment, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Bull World Health Organ 82:338-45. 2004..To estimate the population health effects, costs and cost effectiveness of selected cataract surgery interventions in areas of the world with different epidemiological profiles...