Affiliation: World Health Organization
- Worldwide epidemiology of HBV infection, disease burden, and vaccine preventionD Lavanchy
World Health Organization, Department of Communicable Diseases Surveillance and Response, Geneva, Switzerland
J Clin Virol 34:S1-3. 2005....
- The global burden of hepatitis CDaniel Lavanchy
World Health Organization, Geneve, Switzerland
Liver Int 29:74-81. 2009..A working group was created to assist the World Health organization (WHO) in estimating the GBD associated with HCV infection...
- Hepatitis C: public health strategiesD Lavanchy
World Health Organization WHO, Communicable Diseases Surveillance and Response, Geneva, Switzerland
J Hepatol 31:146-51. 1999..Wherever possible, such studies should be performed to enable countries to prioritise their preventive measures and to make the most appropriate use of available resources...
- Hepatitis CD Lavanchy
World Health Organization, Communicable Diseases Surveillance and Response, Geneva, Switzerland
Can J Gastroenterol 14:67B-76B. 2000....
- Hepatitis B virus epidemiology, disease burden, treatment, and current and emerging prevention and control measuresD Lavanchy
World Health Organization, Communicable Disease Surveillance and Response, Geneva, Switzerland
J Viral Hepat 11:97-107. 2004..Promising emerging new treatments include adefovir, entecavir and peginterferon alfa-2a (40 kDa)...
- Chronic viral hepatitis as a public health issue in the worldDaniel Lavanchy
World Health Organization WHO, HSE EPR BDP, Geneve, Switzerland
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 22:991-1008. 2008....
- Treatment of chronic hepatitis B virus infection in resource-constrained settings: expert panel consensusSteven T Wiersma
World Health Organization, FCH IVB, Geneva, Switzerland
Liver Int 31:755-61. 2011..In addition, a research agendum was developed focusing on issues related to prevention and treatment of chronic HBV in resource-constrained settings...
- Long-term efficacy of hepatitis B vaccine, booster policy, and impact of hepatitis B virus mutantsDavid FitzSimons
World Health Organization, Via Appia 20, CH-1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Vaccine 23:4158-66. 2005..The main focus was on universal vaccination programmes with data being presented from Italy, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, The Gambia, and USA (Alaska)...
- Public health measures in the control of viral hepatitis: a World Health Organization perspective for the next millenniumDaniel Lavanchy
Department of Communicable Diseases Surveillance and Response, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 17:S452-9. 2002
- Hepatitis B virus, hepatitis C virus and other blood-borne infections in healthcare workers: guidelines for prevention and management in industrialised countriesD Fitzsimons
World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Occup Environ Med 65:446-51. 2008..Participants also identified a number of terms that need harmonization or standardisation in order to facilitate communication between experts...
- Prevention of hepatitis C virus infectionM Kew
South African Medical Research Council/Cancer Association of South Africa/University Molecular Hepatology Research Unit, Department of Medicine, University of the Witwatersrand, and Johannesburg Hospital, Johannesburg, South Africa
J Viral Hepat 11:198-205. 2004..Based on the presentations and discussions, a number of specific recommendations were made, which should be considered in conjunction with previously published recommendations...
- Planning for the next pandemic of influenzaI D Gust
WHO Collaborating Centre for Reference and Research on Influenza, Melbourne, Australia
Rev Med Virol 11:59-70. 2001..It has also prepared guidelines to assist national agencies in their planning. However, there may be further options for increasing our preparedness which should also be considered...
- Decrease in the prevalence of hepatitis B and a low prevalence of hepatitis C virus infections in the general population of the SeychellesP Bovet
University Institute for Social and Preventive Medicine, Lausanne, Switzerland
Bull World Health Organ 77:923-8. 1999....