Affiliation: World Health Organization
- The global burden of hepatitis CDaniel Lavanchy
World Health Organization, Geneve, Switzerland
Liver Int 29:74-81. 2009..A working group was created to assist the World Health organization (WHO) in estimating the GBD associated with HCV infection...
- Worldwide epidemiology of HBV infection, disease burden, and vaccine preventionD Lavanchy
World Health Organization, Department of Communicable Diseases Surveillance and Response, Geneva, Switzerland
J Clin Virol 34:S1-3. 2005....
- Hepatitis C: public health strategiesD Lavanchy
World Health Organization WHO, Communicable Diseases Surveillance and Response, Geneva, Switzerland
J Hepatol 31:146-51. 1999..Wherever possible, such studies should be performed to enable countries to prioritise their preventive measures and to make the most appropriate use of available resources...
- Hepatitis CD Lavanchy
World Health Organization, Communicable Diseases Surveillance and Response, Geneva, Switzerland
Can J Gastroenterol 14:67B-76B. 2000....
- Hepatitis B virus epidemiology, disease burden, treatment, and current and emerging prevention and control measuresD Lavanchy
World Health Organization, Communicable Disease Surveillance and Response, Geneva, Switzerland
J Viral Hepat 11:97-107. 2004..Promising emerging new treatments include adefovir, entecavir and peginterferon alfa-2a (40 kDa)...
- Chronic viral hepatitis as a public health issue in the worldDaniel Lavanchy
World Health Organization WHO, HSE EPR BDP, Geneve, Switzerland
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 22:991-1008. 2008....
- Treatment of chronic hepatitis B virus infection in resource-constrained settings: expert panel consensusSteven T Wiersma
World Health Organization, FCH IVB, Geneva, Switzerland
Liver Int 31:755-61. 2011..In addition, a research agendum was developed focusing on issues related to prevention and treatment of chronic HBV in resource-constrained settings...
- Long-term efficacy of hepatitis B vaccine, booster policy, and impact of hepatitis B virus mutantsDavid FitzSimons
World Health Organization, Via Appia 20, CH 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Vaccine 23:4158-66. 2005..The main focus was on universal vaccination programmes with data being presented from Italy, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, The Gambia, and USA (Alaska)...
- Public health measures in the control of viral hepatitis: a World Health Organization perspective for the next millenniumDaniel Lavanchy
Department of Communicable Diseases Surveillance and Response, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 17:S452-9. 2002
- Hepatitis B virus, hepatitis C virus and other blood-borne infections in healthcare workers: guidelines for prevention and management in industrialised countriesD Fitzsimons
World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Occup Environ Med 65:446-51. 2008..Participants also identified a number of terms that need harmonization or standardisation in order to facilitate communication between experts...
- Prevention of hepatitis C virus infectionM Kew
South African Medical Research Council Cancer Association of South Africa University Molecular Hepatology Research Unit, Department of Medicine, University of the Witwatersrand, and Johannesburg Hospital, Johannesburg, South Africa
J Viral Hepat 11:198-205. 2004..Based on the presentations and discussions, a number of specific recommendations were made, which should be considered in conjunction with previously published recommendations...
- Planning for the next pandemic of influenzaI D Gust
WHO Collaborating Centre for Reference and Research on Influenza, Melbourne, Australia
Rev Med Virol 11:59-70. 2001..It has also prepared guidelines to assist national agencies in their planning. However, there may be further options for increasing our preparedness which should also be considered...
- Decrease in the prevalence of hepatitis B and a low prevalence of hepatitis C virus infections in the general population of the SeychellesP Bovet
University Institute for Social and Preventive Medicine, Lausanne, Switzerland
Bull World Health Organ 77:923-8. 1999....