R C Hutubessy
Affiliation: World Health Organization
- Local perceptions of cholera and anticipated vaccine acceptance in Katanga province, Democratic Republic of CongoSonja Merten
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute, PO Box, Socinstrasse 57, Basel 4002, Switzerland
BMC Public Health 13:60. 2013..Clarification of vaccine acceptability prior to the introduction of a new vaccine provides important information for future policy and planning...
- Costs of delivering human papillomavirus vaccination to schoolgirls in Mwanza Region, TanzaniaWilm Quentin
Department of Health Care Management, Berlin University of Technology, Strasse des 17 Juni 135, Berlin, 10623, Germany
BMC Med 10:137. 2012..This study aimed to estimate the costs of a school-based HPV vaccination project in three districts in Mwanza Region (NCT ID: NCT01173900), Tanzania and to model incremental scaled-up costs of a regional vaccination program...
- Economic analyses to support decisions about HPV vaccination in low- and middle-income countries: a consensus report and guide for analystsMark Jit
Modelling and Economics Unit, Health Protection Agency, 61 Colindale Avenue, London NW9 5EQ, UK
BMC Med 11:23. 2013..This report describes the consensus of an expert group convened by the World Health Organization, prioritizing key issues to be addressed when considering economic analyses to support HPV vaccine introduction in these countries...
- Systematic review of studies evaluating the broader economic impact of vaccination in low and middle income countriesRohan Deogaonkar
Health Economics Unit, University of Birmingham, UK
BMC Public Health 12:878. 2012..Measuring broader, long-term effects of vaccination on productivity and externalities could provide a more complete picture of the value of vaccines...
- A case study using the United Republic of Tanzania: costing nationwide HPV vaccine delivery using the WHO Cervical Cancer Prevention and Control Costing ToolRaymond Hutubessy
Immunization, Vaccines and Biologicals IVB Department, World Health Organization WHO, 20 Avenue Appia, 1211, Geneva 27, Switzerland
BMC Med 10:136. 2012..Tanzania is presented as a case study where the WHO C4P tool was used to cost and plan the roll-out of HPV vaccines nationwide as part of the national comprehensive cervical cancer prevention and control strategy...
- Oral cholera vaccine use in Zanzibar: socioeconomic and behavioural features affecting demand and acceptanceChristian Schaetti
Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, Swiss Tropical Institute, PO Box, Socinstrasse 57, 4002 Basel, Switzerland
BMC Public Health 9:99. 2009....
- Comparative review of three cost-effectiveness models for rotavirus vaccines in national immunization programs; a generic approach applied to various regions in the worldMaarten J Postma
Unit of PharmacoEpidemiology and PharmacoEconomics PE2, Department of Pharmacy, University of Groningen, Antonius Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV, Groningen, The Netherlands
BMC Med 9:84. 2011....
- Human papillomavirus vaccine introduction in low-income and middle-income countries: guidance on the use of cost-effectiveness modelsMark Jit
Modelling and Economics Unit, Health Protection Agency, London, UK
BMC Med 9:54. 2011..To provide information about the feasibility of using such models in a developing country setting, we evaluated models of HPV vaccination in terms of their capacity, requirements, limitations and comparability...
- Cost effectiveness of pediatric pneumococcal conjugate vaccines: a comparative assessment of decision-making toolsNathorn Chaiyakunapruk
Center of Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Naresuan University, Phitsanulok, Thailand
BMC Med 9:53. 2011..With the aim to guide policymakers on their optimal use, we compared publicly available decision-making tools in relation to their methods, influential parameters and results...
- Social and cultural features of cholera and shigellosis in peri-urban and rural communities of ZanzibarChristian Schaetti
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute, Basel, Switzerland
BMC Infect Dis 10:339. 2010..In the first step of a two-step strategy to examine determinants of cholera vaccine acceptance, this study identified social and cultural features of diarrhoeal illness for cholera control in endemic communities...
- Results from evaluations of models and cost-effectiveness tools to support introduction decisions for new vaccines need critical appraisalRaymond Hutubessy
Initiative for Vaccine Research, Immunization, Biologicals and Vaccines Department, World Health Organization, 20 Avenue Appia, CH 1210 Geneva, Switzerland
BMC Med 9:55. 2011....
- Critical issues in the economic evaluation of interventions against communicable diseasesR C Hutubessy
The Global Programme on Evidence for Health Policy, World Health Organization, 20 Avenue Appia, CH 1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland
Acta Trop 78:191-206. 2001..These improvements would better enable the evidence from economic analyses to enter the policy debate and be weighed against the other goals and objectives of the health system when allocating scarce resources...
- Stochastic league tables: communicating cost-effectiveness results to decision-makersR C Hutubessy
Global Programme on Evidence for Health Policy GPE, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Health Econ 10:473-7. 2001....