Jesus M Garcia-Calleja
Affiliation: World Health Organization
- Lessons learned in the conduct, validation, and interpretation of national population based HIV surveysJesus M Garcia Calleja
World Health Organisation, Geneva, Switzerland
AIDS 19:S9-S17. 2005....
- National population based HIV prevalence surveys in sub-Saharan Africa: results and implications for HIV and AIDS estimatesJ M Garcia-Calleja
Evidence and Information for Policy Department, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Sex Transm Infect 82:iii64-70. 2006..New technologies and resources have allowed many countries to conduct national population based surveys that include HIV prevalence measurement, as an additional source of information on the AIDS epidemic...
- Has the quality of serosurveillance in low- and middle-income countries improved since the last HIV estimates round in 2007? Status and trends through 2009Jesus M Garcia Calleja
World Health Organization, 20 Avenue Appia, Geneva 27, Switzerland
Sex Transm Infect 86:ii35-42. 2010..This paper aims to assess the quality of HIV surveillance systems in low- and middle-income countries in 2009 compared with 2007...
- Lives saved by Global Fund-supported HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria programs: estimation approach and results between 2003 and end-2007Ryuichi Komatsu
The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, Chemin Blandonnet 8, 1214 Vernier, Geneva, Switzerland
BMC Infect Dis 10:109. 2010..This paper presents and discusses a methodology for estimating the lives saved through selected service deliveries reported to the Global Fund...
- Status of the HIV/AIDS epidemic and methods to monitor it in the Latin America and Caribbean regionJesus M Garcia Calleja
UNAIDS, Geneva, Switzerland
AIDS 16:S3-12. 2002..There is a need to improve data collection and introduce new tools to monitor behavior trends and the impact of interventions...