Affiliation: World Health Organization
- Worldwide variability in physical inactivity a 51-country surveyRegina Guthold
Department of Chronic Diseases and Health Promotion, Geneva, Switzerland
Am J Prev Med 34:486-94. 2008..Physical inactivity is an important risk factor for chronic diseases, but for many (mainly developing) countries, no prevalence data have ever been published...
- Socioeconomic inequality in domains of health: results from the World Health SurveysAhmad Reza Hosseinpoor
Department of Health Statistics and Information Systems, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
BMC Public Health 12:198. 2012..The aim of this study is to compare and assess socioeconomic inequalities in each of the individual health domains and in a separate measure of overall health...
- The continuum of psychotic symptoms in the general population: a cross-national studyRoberto Nuevo
Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental, CIBERSAM, Spain
Schizophr Bull 38:475-85. 2012..To identify the cross-national prevalence of psychotic symptoms in the general population and to analyze their impact on health status...
- Validation of the "World Health Organization Disability Assessment Schedule, WHODAS-2" in patients with chronic diseasesOlatz Garin
Health Services Research Unit, IMIM Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Spain
Health Qual Life Outcomes 8:51. 2010..The aim of this study was to assess WHODAS-2 conceptual model and metric properties in a set of chronic and prevalent clinical conditions accounting for a wide scope of disability in Europe...
- Health and functional status among older people with HIV/AIDS in UgandaFrancien Scholten
Medical Research Council Uganda Research Unit on on AIDS, Uganda Virus Research Institute, Entebbe, Uganda
BMC Public Health 11:886. 2011..This aim of this study was to describe health among older people in association with the HIV epidemic...
- Global patterns of healthy life expectancy in the year 2002Colin D Mathers
Evidence and Information for Policy, World Health Organization, Avenue Appia, Geneva, Switzerland
BMC Public Health 4:66. 2004..The World Health Organization reports on healthy life expectancy for 192 WHO Member States. This paper describes variation in average levels of population health across these countries and by sex for the year 2002...
- Identification of candidate categories of the International Classification of Functioning Disability and Health (ICF) for a Generic ICF Core Set based on regression modellingAlarcos Cieza
ICF Research Branch of the WHO Collaborating Center for the Family of International Classifications at the German Institute of Medical Documentation and Information, IHRS, Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich, Germany
BMC Med Res Methodol 6:36. 2006..While condition-specific ICF Core Sets are useful, a Generic ICF Core Set is needed to describe and compare problems in functioning across health conditions...
- The health of aging populations in China and IndiaSomnath Chatterji
Measurement and Health Information Systems, at the World Health Organization in Geneva, Switzerland
Health Aff (Millwood) 27:1052-63. 2008..7 percent, respectively) are highly prevalent. Health policy and interventions informed by appropriate data will be needed to avert this burden...
- Developing the World Health Organization Disability Assessment Schedule 2.0T Bedirhan Ustun
World Health Organization, Avenue Appia 20, 1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland
Bull World Health Organ 88:815-23. 2010..0) for measuring functioning and disability in accordance with the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health. WHODAS 2.0 is a standard metric for ensuring scientific comparability across different populations...
- Social determinants of smoking in low- and middle-income countries: results from the World Health SurveyAhmad Reza Hosseinpoor
Department of Health statistics and informatics, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 6:e20331. 2011..The objective of this study is to assess demographic and socioeconomic determinants of current smoking in low- and middle-income countries...