A P Betran
Affiliation: World Health Organization
- Intermediate outcomes in randomized clinical trials: an introductionArmando H Seuc
Reproductive Health Research Department, World Health Organization, Geneva 27 1211, Switzerland
Trials 14:78. 2013....
- Measuring equity in utilization of emergency obstetric care at Wolisso Hospital in Oromiya, Ethiopia: a cross sectional studyCalistus Wilunda
Doctors with Africa CUAMM, via san Francesco 126, Padua 35121, Italy
Int J Equity Health 12:27. 2013..The objective of this study was to develop a simple questionnaire to measure equity in utilization of EmOC at Wolisso Hospital, Ethiopia and compare the wealth status of EmOC users with women in the general population...
- Do Italian women prefer cesarean section? Results from a survey on mode of delivery preferencesMaria Regina Torloni
Obstetrics Department, Sao Paulo Federal University, Sao Paulo, Brazil, Rua Borges Lagoa 564, conj 63, CEP 04038 000, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 13:78. 2013..This study aimed to assess Italian women's preference for mode of delivery, as well as reasons and factors associated with this preference, in a nationally representative sample of women...
- Feasibility and safety study of a new device (Odón device) for assisted vaginal deliveries: study protocolJavier A Schvartzman
World Health Organization
Reprod Health 10:33. 2013..These features combined make it a potentially revolutionary development in obstetrics, particularly for improving intrapartum care and reducing maternal and perinatal morbidity and mortality in low resource settings...
- Making stillbirths count, making numbers talk - issues in data collection for stillbirthsJ Frederik Frøen
Department of Genes and Environment, Division of Epidemiology, Norwegian Institute of Public Health, P O Box 4404 Nydalen, N 0403 Oslo, Norway
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 9:58. 2009..This information will guide efforts to prevent stillbirths and improve quality of care...
- WHO systematic review of maternal mortality and morbidity: methodological issues and challengesA Metin Gulmezoglu
UNDP UNFPA WHO World Bank Special Programme of Research, Department of Reproductive Health and Research, World Health Organization, Geneva, 1211 Switzerland
BMC Med Res Methodol 4:16. 2004..In order to contribute to mapping the global burden of reproductive ill-health, we are conducting a systematic review of incidence and prevalence of maternal mortality and morbidity...
- Breastfeeding patterns and exposure to suboptimal breastfeeding among children in developing countries: review and analysis of nationally representative surveysJeremy A Lauer
Department of Health System Financing, Expenditure and Resource Allocation, World Health Organization, 1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland
BMC Med 2:26. 2004..We describe patterns in 'exclusive breastfeeding' and 'any breastfeeding' rates and quantify exposure to suboptimal breastfeeding among children aged two years or younger in developing countries...
- Rates of caesarean section: analysis of global, regional and national estimatesAna P Betrán
Department of Making Pregnancy Safer, World Health Organisation, Geneva, Switzerland
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 21:98-113. 2007..There is some suggestion of a direct positive association at lower levels of mortality. CS levels may respond primarily to economic determinants...
- National estimates for maternal mortality: an analysis based on the WHO systematic review of maternal mortality and morbidityAna P Betrán
UNDP UNFPA WHO World Bank Special Programme of Research, Development and Research Training in Human Reproduction, Department of Reproductive Health and Research, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
BMC Public Health 5:131. 2005..In order to assist in mapping the burden of reproductive ill-health, we conducted a systematic review of incidence/prevalence of maternal mortality and morbidity...
- Effectiveness of different databases in identifying studies for systematic reviews: experience from the WHO systematic review of maternal morbidity and mortalityAna P Betrán
UNDP UNFPA WHO World Bank Special Programme of Research, Development and Research Training in Human Reproduction, Department of Reproductive Health and Research, World Health Organization, Geneva, 1211 Switzerland
BMC Med Res Methodol 5:6. 2005..Conversely, extensive searches may yield unmanageable number of citations of which only few may be relevant. Knowledge of usefulness of each source of information may help to tailor search strategies in systematic reviews...
- Ecological study of effect of breast feeding on infant mortality in Latin AmericaA P Betran
Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain
BMJ 323:303-6. 2001..To estimate the effect of exclusive breast feeding and partial breast feeding on infant mortality from diarrhoeal disease and acute respiratory infections in Latin America...