- Internet-based self-assessment after the Tsunami: lessons learnedStefan Vetter
Centre for Disaster and Military Psychiatry, University of Zurich, Militaerstrasse 8, Zurich, Switzerland
BMC Public Health 11:18. 2011..The objective of the study was to report the lessons learnt that were made using an Internet-based, self-screening instrument after a large-scale disaster and to discuss its outreach and usefulness...
- The consumption of Internet child pornography and violent and sex offendingJerome Endrass
Department of Justice, Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
BMC Psychiatry 9:43. 2009..The aim of this study was to examine the recidivism rates for hands-on and hands-off sex offenses in a sample of child pornography users using a 6 year follow-up design...
- Women convicted for violent offenses: adverse childhood experiences, low level of education and poor mental healthAstrid Rossegger
Psychiatric Psychological Service, Criminal Justice System, Canton of Zurich, Feldstrasse 42, Zurich, 8090, Switzerland
BMC Psychiatry 9:81. 2009..The aim of this study was to assess the prevalence of female violent offending in a Swiss offender population and to compare possible socio-demographic and offense-related gender differences...
- Predicting violent infractions in a Swiss state penitentiary: a replication study of the PCL-R in a population of sex and violent offendersJerome Endrass
Psychiatric Psychological Service, Criminal Justice System, Canton of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
BMC Psychiatry 8:74. 2008..Results seem to indicate that the instrument is better suited for predicting verbal rather than physical aggression of prison inmates...
- [Validity of risk calculations in offenders -- criticism of a basic methodological assumption, and future perspectives]F Urbaniok
Psychiatrisch Psychologischer Dienst Justizvollzug Kanton Zürich Schweiz
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 72:260-9. 2004..The article discusses the above mentioned problems and gives possible approaches for solutions...
- [Forensic risk calculation: basic methodological aspects for the evaluation of the applicability and validity of diverse methods]F Urbaniok
Justizvollzug Kanton Zürich, Psychiatrisch Psychologischer Dienst, Feldstrasse 42, Zurich
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 76:470-7. 2008..Many of these criteria have been ignored so far in the scientific discourse even though they are essential to the evaluation of the validity and the scope of indication of an instrument...
- [From victim to offender: characteristics of sexually abused violent and sex offenders]A Rossegger
Psychiatrisch Psychologischer Dienst, Amt für Justizvollzug, Feldstrasse 42, 8090, Zurich, Schweiz
Nervenarzt 82:866-72. 2011..Prospective studies on victims of sexual abuse and retrospective studies on offender populations have indicated a connection between experiences of childhood sexual abuse (CSA) and delinquency in adulthood...
- [The Violence Risk Appraisal Guide (VRAG) - a tool for the risk assessment of violent offenders]A Rossegger
Psychiatrisch Psychologischer Dienst, Justizvollzug Kanton Zürich
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 77:577-84. 2009..Most instruments used for assessing the recidivism risk of an offender with a violent or sex offense have been developed and validated in North America...
- [Prison violence: prevalence, manifestation and risk factors]J Endrass
Psychiatrisch Psychologischer Dienst Justizdirektion Kanton Zürich
Praxis (Bern 1994) 98:1279-83. 2009..International studies have identified various risk factors. However, due to the aforementioned differences in facilities, these predictors can only partly be transferred to a Swiss setting...
- [Threats as precursors of violent crimes]F Urbaniok
Psychiatrisch Psychologischer Dienst Justizdirektion Kanton Zürich, Postfach 8090 Zürich, Schweiz
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 74:337-45. 2006..It is to be expected that more extensive research will make it possible to benefit from an as yet inadequately exploited potential to prevent violent crime...
- [The predictive quality of the Psychopathy Checklist-Revised (PCL-R) for violent and sex offenders in Switzerland. A validation study]F Urbaniok
Psychiatrisch Psychologischer Dienst Justizvollzug, Kanton Zürich, 8090 Zurich, Switzerland
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 75:155-9. 2007..The use of precise cut-off scores did not prove to be a valid criterion for the prognosis of recidivism and can therefore not be recommended for Swiss offenders...
- [Neurobiological determinism: questionable inferences on human freedom of choice and forensic criminal responsibility]F Urbaniok
Psychiatrisch Psychologischer Dienst, Zurich, Schweiz
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 74:431-41. 2006....