Philip M Urban
- Thrombosis: the last frontier of coronary stenting?Philip Urban
Cardiovascular Department, La Tour Hospital, 1217 Geneva, Switzerland
Lancet 369:619-21. 2007
- A multicentre European registry of intraluminal coronary beta brachytherapyP Urban
Cardiovascular Department, La Tour Hospital, Avenue Maillard 1, 1217, Geneva, Switzerland
Eur Heart J 24:604-12. 2003..To assess the feasibility, safety and effectiveness of intravascular brachytherapy (VBT) in routine clinical practice...
- Rationale and design of the LEADERS FREE trial: A randomized double-blind comparison of the BioFreedom drug-coated stent vs the Gazelle bare metal stent in patients at high bleeding risk using a short (1 month) course of dual antiplatelet therapyPhilip Urban
Hopital de la Tour, Geneva, Switzerland
Am Heart J 165:704-9. 2013..It is therefore reasonable to consider that such a device may have a potential safety advantage, and a lesser dependence on prolonged DAPT than a polymer-coated drug-eluting stent...
- [Cardiovascular cooperation with the BPKIHS Hospital, in Dharan Bazar, Nepal]P Urban
Service de cardiologie Hôpital de la Tour, Meyrin Genève
Rev Med Suisse 9:498-501. 2013....
- Stent thrombosis and bleeding complications after implantation of sirolimus-eluting coronary stents in an unselected worldwide population: a report from the e-SELECT (Multi-Center Post-Market Surveillance) registryPhilip Urban
La Tour Hospital, 1 Avenue JD Maillard, Geneva, Switzerland
J Am Coll Cardiol 57:1445-54. 2011..The aim of this study was to ascertain the 1-year incidence of stent thrombosis (ST) and major bleeding (MB) in a large, unselected population treated with sirolimus-eluting stents (SES)...
- Impact of changing definitions for myocardial infarction: a report from the AMIS registryPhilip Urban
Cardiovascular Department, La Tour Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Am J Med 121:1065-71. 2008....
- [Treatment of acute myocardial infarction in 2007]Philip Urban
Département cardiovasculaire, Hopital de la Tour, 1217 Meyrin
Rev Med Suisse 3:648-50, 652-3. 2007..ACE inhibitors should be continued in case of high blood pressure, heart failure or a left ventricular ejection fraction < 40%. The main benefit of betablockers is for patients with residual angina and/or chronic heart failure...
- Safety of coronary sirolimus-eluting stents in daily clinical practice: one-year follow-up of the e-Cypher registryPhilip Urban
La Tour Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Circulation 113:1434-41. 2006..The e-Cypher registry monitored the safety and efficacy of SES currently implanted worldwide in daily practice...
- [The e-Cypher registry: objectives and organization]P Urban
Département cardiovasculaire, Hôpital La Tour, Avenue Maillard 1, 1217 Meyrin Genève, Suisse
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 53:18s-21s. 2004
- In-hospital mortality associated with the use of intra-aortic balloon counterpulsationPhilip M Urban
La Tour Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Am J Cardiol 94:181-5. 2004..Therefore, diagnostic evaluation and treatment decisions should be made as early as possible, and physicians should be aware of associated risk factors in making choices for patients...
- Trends in intraaortic balloon counterpulsation complications and outcomes in cardiac surgeryJan T Christenson
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Ann Thorac Surg 74:1086-90; discussion 1090-1. 2002..Although the efficacy and cost-effectiveness of IABC have been demonstrated, historically higher complication rates have dissuaded some practitioners from using IABC...
- [Are drug-eluting stents dangerous?]Edoardo De Benedetti
Département cardiovasculaire, Hôpital de LaTour, 1217 Meyrin
Rev Med Suisse 3:656-8. 2007....
- Atrial fibrillation management by practice cardiologists: a prospective survey on the adherence to guidelines in the real worldAlexandre Meiltz
Cardiovascular Department, Hopital de la Tour, Meyrin 1217, Geneva, Switzerland
Europace 10:674-80. 2008..The purpose of this prospective study was to characterize the clinical profile of patients with atrial fibrillation (AF) in cardiology practice and to assess how successfully guidelines have been implemented in real-world practice...
- Low prevalence of atrial fibrillation in asymptomatic adults in Geneva, SwitzerlandMathieu Schmutz
Cardiovascular Department, Hopital de la Tour, Geneva, Switzerland
Europace 12:475-81. 2010..To determine the prevalence of atrial fibrillation (AF) in a population-based sample of adults...
- Contemporary utilization and outcomes of intra-aortic balloon counterpulsation in acute myocardial infarction: the benchmark registryGregg W Stone
Cardiovascular Research Foundation and Lenox Hill Hospital, 55 East 59th Street, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10022, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 41:1940-5. 2003..We sought to examine contemporary utilization patterns and clinical outcomes in patients with acute myocardial infarction (AMI) requiring intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP) counterpulsation...