Affiliation: University of Zurich
- A universal method for automated gene mappingPeder Zipperlen
Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Genome Biol 6:R19. 2005..We have established genome-wide FLP maps for both Caenorhabditis elegans and Drosophila melanogaster that facilitate genetic mapping with a minimum of manual input and at comparatively low cost...
- A reverse genetic screen in Drosophila using a deletion-inducing mutagenKnud Nairz
Zoologisches Institut, Universitat Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, Zurich CH 8057, Switzerland
Genome Biol 5:R83. 2004..As the spectrum of HMPA-induced mutations is similar in a variety of organisms, it should be possible to transfer this mutagenesis and detection procedure to other model systems...
- Wntless, a conserved membrane protein dedicated to the secretion of Wnt proteins from signaling cellsCarla Bänziger
Institut fur Molekularbiologie, Universitat Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Cell 125:509-22. 2006....
- Systematic functional analysis of the Caenorhabditis elegans genome using RNAiRavi S Kamath
Wellcome Trust Cancer Research UK Institute and Department of Genetics, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QR, UK
Nature 421:231-7. 2003..Our resulting data set and reusable RNAi library of 16,757 bacterial clones will facilitate systematic analyses of the connections among gene sequence, chromosomal location and gene function in C. elegans...
- FLP-Mapping: a universal, cost-effective, and automatable method for gene mappingKnud Nairz
Methods Mol Biol 396:419-32. 2007..Furthermore, we introduce FLP mapper, a JAVA-based software for graphical visualization of raw mapping data from spreadsheets. FLP mapper is publicly available at http://bio.mcsolutions.ch...
- Centrosome maturation and duplication in C. elegans require the coiled-coil protein SPD-2Catherine A Kemp
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Genetics, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Dev Cell 6:511-23. 2004..Thus, we have identified SPD-2 as a factor critical for the two basic functions of the centrosome-microtubule organization and duplication...