Affiliation: University of Basel
- Online head motion tracking applied to the patient registration problemB Westermann
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Kantonsspital, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Comput Aided Surg 5:137-47. 2000..Furthermore, the clinical application of the method is demonstrated for oto-, rhino-, and neurosurgical procedures in the region of the head...
- Functional imaging of the cerebral olfactory system in patients with Parkinson's diseaseB Westermann
Neurosurgical University Clinic, University Hospital Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, Switzerland
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 79:19-24. 2008..Olfactory dysfunction is a frequent non-motor symptom in Parkinson's disease (PD) and is considered to be an early manifestation of the disease...
- Olfactory-induced brain activity in Parkinson's disease relates to the expression of event-related potentials: a functional magnetic resonance imaging studyA Welge-Lüssen
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Hospital Basel, Petersgraben 4, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Neuroscience 162:537-43. 2009..Reduced activation of primary olfactory areas in the ERP-group may reflect a severe disruption of olfactory processing in these patients...
- Computer aided surgery with special focus on neuronavigationH Reinhardt
Neurosurgical University Clinic, Cantonal Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Comput Med Imaging Graph 23:237-44. 1999..The results of our CAS study 1994-mid-1997 with 50 patients suffering from small intracranial lesions are presented...
- A non-invasive patient registration and reference system for interactive intraoperative localization in intranasal sinus surgeryR Hauser
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Basel, Kantonsspital, Switzerland
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 211:327-34. 1997..81 mm +/- 0.31 mm. The system was evaluated clinically with 11 patients who received surgery for different pathologies of the paranasal sinuses. These trials met with a high rate of success and specific results are reported...