Affiliation: University of Zurich
- The impact of a depression awareness campaign on mental health literacy and mental morbidity among gay menJen Wang
Institute for Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Zurich, Hirschengraben 84, CH 8001 Zurich, Switzerland Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute, Socinstr 57, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland Electronic address
J Affect Disord 150:306-12. 2013..This paper assesses the possible impact of Blues-out, a depression awareness campaign based on the European Alliance Against Depression targeting the gay/lesbian community in Geneva, Switzerland...
- Suicidality and sexual orientation among men in Switzerland: findings from 3 probability surveysJen Wang
Institute for Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Zurich, Hirschengraben 84, Zurich, Switzerland
J Psychiatr Res 46:980-6. 2012..Lifetime prevalences and ratios of non-fatal suicidal behaviors appear constant across age groups as is the increased risk of suicidality among young homo/bisexual men...
- High prevalence of mental disorders and comorbidity in the Geneva Gay Men's Health StudyJen Wang
Institute for Social and Preventive Medicine, Hirschengraben 84, Zurich, Switzerland
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 42:414-20. 2007..Several large surveys have suggested high prevalence of psychiatric disorders among gay men and other men who have sex with men...
- Health status, behavior, and care utilization in the Geneva Gay Men's Health SurveyJen Wang
Institute for Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Prev Med 44:70-5. 2007..Recent reviews and studies suggest distinctive health needs among gay men...
- Are seasonalities in suicide dependent on suicide methods? A reappraisalVladeta Ajdacic-Gross
Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Zurich, Sumatrastr 30, CH 8006 Zurich, Switzerland
Soc Sci Med 57:1173-81. 2003..Hence, the seasonality of the overall Swiss suicide frequencies is but a compound seasonality. It largely depends on specific suicide methods and different cyclical dynamics...