Affiliation: University Hospital
- [Thyroid cancers: the Geneva experience]F Triponez
Clinique de chirurgie thoracique, Departement de Chirurgie, Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, Rue Micheli du Crest 24, 1211 Geneve 14, Suisse
Ann Chir 126:969-76. 2001..To study the survival of patients with thyroid cancer operated in the same centre from 1978 to 1999...
- Surgical treatment of persistent hyperparathyroidism after renal transplantationFrederic Triponez
Department of Thoracic and Endocrine Surgery, University Hospital of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Ann Surg 248:18-30. 2008..To provide a review on current knowledge about the pathogenesis, epidemiology, and clinical complications of persistent hyperparathyroidism after kidney transplantation (3HPT) and to discuss the surgical approaches...
- Less-than-subtotal parathyroidectomy increases the risk of persistent/recurrent hyperparathyroidism after parathyroidectomy in tertiary hyperparathyroidism after renal transplantationFrederic Triponez
Division of Endocrine Surgical Oncology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Surgery 140:990-7; discussion 997-9. 2006..The optimal surgical approach for tertiary hyperparathyroidism (HPT) after kidney transplantation is unknown. Existing studies are limited by small sample size, lack of adjustment for kidney function, and no long-term follow-up...
- Hook needle-guided excision of recurrent differentiated thyroid cancer in previously operated neck compartments: a safe technique for small, nonpalpable recurrent diseaseFrederic Triponez
Endocrine Surgical Oncology, University of California Mount Zion Medical Center, CA 94143 1674, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:4943-7. 2006..Surgical excision of nonpalpable recurrent thyroid cancer can be difficult, particularly in a previously operated area...
- Accuracy of intra-operative PTH measurement during subtotal parathyroidectomy for tertiary hyperparathyroidism after renal transplantationFrederic Triponez
General and Endocrine Surgery, University Hospital of Lille, 59037 Lille, France
Langenbecks Arch Surg 391:561-5. 2006..Intra-operative parathyroid hormone (IOPTH) results are not known in the setting of tertiary hyperparathyroidism (HPT) after renal transplantation...
- Is surgery beneficial for MEN1 patients with small (< or = 2 cm), nonfunctioning pancreaticoduodenal endocrine tumor? An analysis of 65 patients from the GTEFrederic Triponez
Department of General and Endocrine Surgery, University Hospital, Lille, France
World J Surg 30:654-62; discussion 663-4. 2006..We therefore investigated the effect of surgery on survival and tumor progression in MEN1 patients with NFPET < or = 2 cm by analyzing data from the Groupe des Tumeurs Endocrines (GTE) registry...
- Does familial non-medullary thyroid cancer adversely affect survival?Frederic Triponez
Advanced Research Technologies, Applied Biosystems, 850 Lincoln Center Drive, MS 447, Foster City, CA 94404 1105, USA
World J Surg 30:787-93. 2006..Familial non-medullary thyroid cancer (FNMTC) is associated with a higher rate of multifocality and a higher recurrence rate than sporadic thyroid cancer. However, the effect of FNMTC on life expectancy is unknown...
- Epidemiology data on 108 MEN 1 patients from the GTE with isolated nonfunctioning tumors of the pancreasFrederic Triponez
General and Endocrine Surgery, University Hospital, Lille, France
Ann Surg 243:265-72. 2006..To analyze the penetrance and clinical course of isolated nonfunctioning tumors of the pancreas (NFTP) in MEN 1 patients, and to propose a strategy for managing them...
- Subtotal parathyroidectomy with thymectomy for autonomous hyperparathyroidism after renal transplantationF Triponez
Department of General and Endocrine Surgery, University Hospital of Lille, Lille, France
Br J Surg 92:1282-7. 2005..There is currently no consensus on the operation that should be performed in patients with tertiary hyperparathyroidism (HPT) after renal transplantation...
- Reflux, dysphagia, and gas bloat after laparoscopic fundoplication in patients with incidentally discovered hiatal hernia and in a control groupFrederic Triponez
Clinic and Policlinic of Digestive Surgery, Department of Surgery, University Hospital of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Surgery 137:235-42. 2005..The aim of the study was to assess these symptoms in patients who underwent laparoscopic fundoplication, as well as in control subjects and patients with hiatal hernia...
- Endometriosis-related spontaneous diaphragmatic ruptureFrederic Triponez
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Hôtel Dieu Hospital and University Paris V, 1, place du parvis de Notre Dame, 75005 Paris, France
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 11:485-7. 2010..The treatment consisted of a classical management of diaphragmatic rupture, with excision of the endometriotic nodule followed by medical ovarian suppression for six months...
- Medullary thyroid carcinoma, small cell variant, as a diagnostic challenge on fine needle aspiration: a case reportStephane Yerly
Department of Pathology, University Hospital and Faculty of Medicine, Geneva, Switzerland
Acta Cytol 54:911-7. 2010..The small cell variant of medullary thyroid carcinoma (SCV-MTC) is a very unusual tumor that carries a poor prognosis. This tumor type closely resembles small cell pulmonary neuroendocrine carcinoma or lymphoma...
- Increase in bone mineral density after successful parathyroidectomy for tertiary hyperparathyroidism after renal transplantationStéphane Collaud
Department of Thoracic and Endocrine Surgery, University Hospital of Geneva, Rue Micheli du Crest 24, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
World J Surg 32:1795-801. 2008..Few studies have reported changes of bone mineral density (BMD) after parathyroidectomy in patients with persistent hyperparathyroidism after renal transplantation (3 HPT)...
- Fine-needle aspiration of the diffuse sclerosing variant of papillary thyroid carcinoma masked by florid lymphocytic thyroiditis; A potential pitfall: A case report and review of the literatureMassimo Bongiovanni
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pathology, Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Diagn Cytopathol 37:671-5. 2009..In the case of diffuse thyroid enlargement, adequate sampling of the thyroid and the presence of the combination of features described in our case permitted the diagnosis of this PTC variant...
- A lung segmentectomy performed with 3D reconstruction images available on the operating table with an iPadFrancesco Volonte
Department of Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital of Geneva, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 12:1066-8. 2011....
- Riedel's thyroiditis with increased IgG4 plasma cells: evidence for an underlying IgG4-related sclerosing disease?Marc Pusztaszeri
Department of Clinical Pathology, Geneva University Hospital, 1 rue Michel Servet, Geneva, Switzerland
Thyroid 22:964-8. 2012..We report a classical case of RT with serological (IgG4 levels) and immunohistochemical (IgG and IgG4) assessment, in search of an underlying IgG4-RSD...
- Age and gender distribution of primary hyperparathyroidism and incidence of surgical treatment in a European country with a particularly high life expectancyLaura Richert
Service of Bone Diseases, Department of Rehabilitation and Geriatrics, University Hospitals of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 139:400-4. 2009..This study investigates the age- and sex-dependence of PHPT and the incidence of parathyroidectomy (PTX) in Switzerland, a country with a particularly high life expectancy...
- Influence of preservation solution on human islet isolation outcomeThomas Hubert
INSERM U859, Diabetes Cell Therapy, Faculty of Medicine, Lille 2 University, Lille, France
Transplantation 83:270-6. 2007..The influence of the preservation solution used for in situ perfusion of the donor and pancreas storage on islet isolation has received little attention...